[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on yogurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: chobani-yogurt_0.jpg (106 KB, 644x514) Image search: [Google]
chobani-yogurt_0.jpg
106 KB, 644x514
Redpill me on yogurt
>>
Buy it plain. Put it in a cheesecloth and strain it for a few days. It gets even more delicious.
>>
The unsweetened or unflavored is pretty good but if you've only ever eaten the sweetened stuff it might taste strange at first. I usually add a teaspoon of brown sugar and a bit of vanilla extract to flavor it or throw in some frozen blueberries. Grapenuts make good granola for yogurt once they soften
>>
File: 1389852322853.jpg (128 KB, 502x461) Image search: [Google]
1389852322853.jpg
128 KB, 502x461
Can we fucking stop having this thread?

>Redpill me on x

Are you really asking somebody to reveal the painful truths behind yogurt, or are you just asking somebody to convince you to eat it?

I get it's partly a joke, but it's literally devoid of any humorous element at all.

"Redpill me on yogurt" Fuck you, how about you try it and see if you like it? It's not some facade, it's a multi-million dollar industry with an established reputation as a healthy and nutritious snack.

I get this is the food board where we're all here to share our opinions about food, but it's not anybody's responsibility to try to sell you on yogurt. Go to the store and spend the $1.38 on Chobani. If you like it, buy more. If you don't like it, don't buy it again.

Redpill me on why persuading someone to try ONE food deserves it's own thread, when we could dedicate a thread to inquiring about a number of foods we're interested in.
>>
>>7532054
buy greek yogurt. unflavored is probably best. I add protein powder for extra gainz
>>
File: cottage-.jpg (1 MB, 2121x1414) Image search: [Google]
cottage-.jpg
1 MB, 2121x1414
>>7532054
Inferior to cottage cheese
>>
>>7532371
It's a slow board enough board that nothing is lost by separating these topics-- which are at least about real food rather than fast food franchises-- into separate threads.
>>
>>7532054

I got one of those multi-setting pressure cookers and have been making my own yogurt for a few months now. It's pretty easy and it tastes better fresh. Plus since I use the last batch to culture the next batch, I like pretending I have pet bacteria.
>>
>>7532068
Homemade "Greek Yogurt" aka yogurt cheese can be made with a cheesecloth, or you can buy plastic fine strainers that are sold for yogurt cheese usually and wash them easily between uses. Cheesecloth I would imagine is a pain to reuse.
>>
>>7532374
Yea man, I love Fage Greek Yogurt, even the no fat version goes great with some nuts and honey.
>>
>>7532426
>white people actually pay for spoilt milk
>>
File: Cyanide caps.jpg (48 KB, 503x300) Image search: [Google]
Cyanide caps.jpg
48 KB, 503x300
I've got the perfect pill for you.
>>
File: 414341413.jpg (230 KB, 1600x1076) Image search: [Google]
414341413.jpg
230 KB, 1600x1076
>>7532054
Only one worthy of trying is bulgarian yogurt
>>
>>7532444
> I like pretending I have pet bacteria.
Same.
>>
>>7532054
Why do people love the thick paste that is greek yogurt instead of just normal yogurt. Mixing in fruit for breakfast is so much better on plain or vanilla yogurt
>>
>>7532639
Tastes gooder, but labneh is even more gooder. I never mix in fruit. Sometimes I mix in nuts.
>>
>>7532054
Hahaha Nigger Just Put It In Your Mouth
>>
>>7532639
>thick paste
Clearly you're eating the wrong stuff.
Magere kwark >= no fat greek yoghurt > regular yoghurt.
>>
>>7532054
If I posted something fitting the metaphor from that movie directed by two transgender weeaboos, you'd accuse me of being preachy.
>>
>>7533766
what
>>
>>7533767
I think this anon is referring to the Matrix, where the meme originated from.
Though at this point it has nothing to do with the original context really, so it's probably bait.
>>
File: 14978686.png (163 KB, 291x241) Image search: [Google]
14978686.png
163 KB, 291x241
>>7532580
Gladly
>>
>>7532374
my breakfast is uncooked oats, greek yoghurt, diced banana and crushed walnut. God I love gym life
>>
File: 1447414187989.jpg (52 KB, 600x616) Image search: [Google]
1447414187989.jpg
52 KB, 600x616
>>7533785
Coffee with 3 scoops Cookies and Cream Shake in it.
That's a heavy pint of of coffee breh
>>
>>7532580
>what is paneer
>>
>>7532371
Jesus christ man
>>
>>7532371
Someone took the blue pill.
>>
I actually prefer yogurt to ice cream, and I'm not even talking about froyo. Nevertheless I don't eat it these days as I avoid sugar. Yup, disappointing how much sugar it has. Even plain.
>>
Chobani is owned by Muslims. Just sayin.
>>
>>7533895
kurd
>>
>>7532371
>He listened to the cultivated jew.
>>
>>7532054
Are you against cultural enrichment? Are you racist or something?
>>
>>7532054
I used to work in a large factory producing Yoghurt and I have a good understand of the production process, although not strictly part of my job, I used to enjoy tasting them too.

One thing I did learn is that it's far better and cheap than drinking to 'Probiotic' drinks . . .most bacteria is killed in the stomach, so those little bottle of watered-down stuff are a wast of money. AMA.

>>7533895
>>7533915
>>7533919
>>7533922
The word Youghurt is Arabic anyway . . .it doesn't mean it's Muslim.
>>
>>7533930
Most yogurts specifically marketed as containing proboiotics contain very specific species that have scientific evidence for their efficacy in improving certain GI conditions and problems. Some of these are also patented and/or expensive so you would never get them from just any random yogurt. (for example, BB-12, LA-5, infantis 35624, paracasei I-1518)

It doesn't matter that some bacteria die in the stomach, the CFU is so high in probiotic yogurts that some of them will make it further down and form permanent colonies if you keep eating the yogurt over weeks. The studies investigating their efficacy just have people eating yogurt.
>>
>>7533979
I'm not going to get into a discussion about various cultures.

My point was that on the whole these drinks are no better for you , even though the drinks market is pretty lucrative, it's just as good and far cheaper to ingest a standard live yoghurt.
>>
>>7532598
This man knows. That flavor is sublime. Used in cooking, it's unique.
>>
Eat some vindaloo/phall, and have only big ass package of white yogurt on hand. You will redpill yourself.
>>
>>7534008
>My point was that on the whole these drinks are no better for you , even though the drinks market is pretty lucrative, it's just as good and far cheaper to ingest a standard live yoghurt.
Well your point is wrong and fucking bullshit. The cultures in standard yogurt are not anywhere near as potent and effective as those which were specifically developed and selected to improve human health, and which have scientific evidence to prove it.
>>
Greece can eat a dick. Real yogurt is made in Bulgaria.
>>
The skin is the best part.
>>
>>7532598
Is it loaded with chemicals like Bulgarian "feta"
>>
i like the key lime pie kind
>>
>People actually type out Yoghurt and don't immediately delete their own post
It's yogurt.

Yog-Hurt sounds like someone with a very thick accent trying to say that the job they went on hurt
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.