[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>McDonald's to drop Dollar Menu; will launch McPick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: ronald mc creep.jpg (42 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
ronald mc creep.jpg
42 KB, 500x607
>McDonald's to drop Dollar Menu; will launch McPick 2 early next year

Goodbye, Dollar Menu. Hello, McPick 2.

McDonald's is dropping its popular Dollar Menu and will replace it with a McPick 2 menu early next year, according to The Associated Press.

McPick 2 will allow customers to select two of the following items for $2: A McDouble, a McChicken, small fries and mozzarella sticks.

It's just the latest effort by McDonald's to revive slumping sales with bigger moves, such as making breakfast items like Egg McMuffins available all day, according to AP

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/11/mcdonalds_to_drop_dollar_menu_will_launch_mcpick2.html#incart_river_home
>>
>>7093731
>A McDouble, a McChicken
that's what i get already and it would be cheaper too
>>
none of the McDonald's in my city have a dollar menu anyway..
>>
McDouble with special sauce = Big Mac without the middle bun for $2 less.
>>
Damn is Mickey D's doing that bad? Whats up with all these recent panic moves and changes?
>>
>>7093748
Mcdonalds is failing because people are finally starting to realize there are better options for fast food out there like chipotle and five guys.
>>
>>7093748
they were doing pretty bad. just got a new CEO earlier in the year though.
>>
>>7093738
A mcdouble and the MChicken is like 1.19 where i go
>>
>>7093731
Dollar menu has been gone, this isnt new.

Everything is or was a 1.39+ what is hot now or at least in my area is $5 combo meals
>>
>>7093753
"better"
>>
>>7093799
Fuck a mcdouble is about 2.25 here and a mcchicken is about 1.75. I miss my mcgangbangs.
>>
best value in fast food is that 4 dollar combo from wendys
>>
>>7093731

In more important news, burger king brings back $1.49 10 piece nuggets
>>
>>7093731
>dropping the dollar menu
>instead you can pick 2 items for $2
So a dollar menu, then? Except you have to order in pairs?
>>
>>7093748
Hammering down a bag of salt, fat, and sugar is being stigmatized more and more. It's a good thing, really
>>
>>7093925
No it isn't. People just want to get their salt, fat, and sugar from a greasy hipster in the back of a van now.
>>
>>7093925
Its not at all, have you walked outside most people are average weight at best and majority are overweight its more accepted then ever now.
>>
>>7093932
McDonalds is surely being more stigmatized. You're partially right though. There are many many more options nowadays for fast food.
>>
>>7093933
Maybe if you're in the midwest and the south
>>
>>7093748
They are losing on multiple fronts: Quality of food, quality of service, menu options, health.

The price is no longer a factor thanks to cheap gas and shifting consumer opinions.
>>
>>7093941
east coast
>>
>>7093731
Breakfast sandwiches are the only thing I care about anymore when it comes to McD's.

Had a coupon for 2x Classic McChickens and 2x 6er McNuggets a while ago for ~5€. Shit was stale and nasty, not a good meal at all. I get better deals and bigger portions for 10-15€ takeout orders.

McDonald's is a fast-food relique.
>>
>>7093748
They've been trying to upgrade their image to an idle hangout spot instead of hobo paradise for years, yet constantly fall flat on their face.
>>
>>7093920
Increases turnover, people who come in just to buy 1 $1 item are almost certainly hurting their margins and economies
>>
>>7093880
same. are you in a major city?
>>
>>7093946
>quality of service
That's the biggest thing for me. I don't expect very much from McDonalds, but knowing I am going to have to deal with Mexicans who can't understand me and packs of basketball americans is guaranteeing I'll get my crappy fast food elsewhere.
>>
>>7093880
They got rid of the McDouble here and our McChicken is like 4 usd but only 10% larger than the US version.
>>
>>7093920

no singles policy is everywhere
>>
I'm really saddened by this news

at least they kept the double cheese buger going for at least a decade without increase

god bless mcds and all they stand for
>>
>>7093753
Both of those are way too fucking expensive and niche. I think you meant Taco Bell and...?
>>
McDonald's is probably also prepping their anus in anticipation of $15 an hour minimum wage. You can thank the sjws.
>>
Wait, so I can get two McDoubles for $2?

Calling bullshit. They're like $1.49 each here.
>>
>>7094027
Australia right?
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 346x180) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 346x180
Rep that del fuckin taco
Last true dollar menu in fast food.
>>
>>7094072
They will revise the entire dollar menu and make the pick 2 some shit like onions mashed between two stales buns or 4 piece chicken nugget. I doubt any of the halfway decent items (mcdouble, mcchicken) will appear on the pick 2 menu
>>
McChicken Gang Bang and two orders of mozzarella sticks for $4+tax doesn't sound too bad. I didn't even know McDo had mozzarella sticks because I so very, very rarely eat there. Last time was years and years ago.
>>
>>7094089
Literally read the fucking OP
>>
I ain't missing much.

Canadian McDonald's never had the Dollar Menu. We had the same menu items, but instead of being a dollar, they were $1.69 to $1.89.

McPick 2 sounds like an improvement, at least to my country.
>>
Anyone else miss the Arch Deluxe and the Michael Jordan bbq burger?
>>
reminder to get the mcds app if you have a smart phone and get a free sandwich

I got the double quarter pounder and it worked even though the cashier thought it might not
>>
File: 1447107254114.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447107254114.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>7093896
Good, now I can get 30 nuggets and a large fry for 5.50$
>>
>>7093731
The dollar menu still exists in the first place? Where?
>>
>>7094185
Nearly everywhere?

If anything, the dollar menu has overtaken the regular menu. The only time I DON'T order from the dollar menu is when I have a hankering for some McNuggets or Filet-O-Fish.
>>
>mcdonald's to launch home delivery
>luke warm burgers now served cold

>in other news; microwave oven sales make a comeback
>>
Problem is McDonald's was successful because they had shit quality food you could walk in, pay for, and walk out in under 5 minutes. Now they've moved to rebranding as healthier and better quality but there slow as fuck. Who wants shitty burgers if it takes an hour to order
>>
>>7093987
Eh Reno. Wouldn't really call it a big city though.
>>
>>7094073
Germany
>>
>>7093731

Shit, if they throw a 4 piece McNugget on that menu then I'll be sold. Four bucks and I can get two McDoubles, a 4 piece nugget and a small fry? Hell yeah I'll take that.
>>
>How do we make more money...
>...
>Drop our most profitable offering for some esoteric combination system using these now-dropped most profitable menu items?
>Brilliant
>Actually maybe we should try to remove the whole "competing with Starbucks as a cheap cafe alternative" thing when our primary consumers are lardasses that have basically grown up with our products, and continue sharing the stoner market with Taco Bell since no other competitors stay open as late as we do?
>Fucking madness! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE
>>
File: 1433707688925.gif (265 KB, 497x287) Image search: [Google]
1433707688925.gif
265 KB, 497x287
From the article:
>Deborah Wahl, senior vice president of marketing for McDonald's U.S., said the McPick platform was designed to give people options.

"Customers are looking for choice and flexibility. That's sort of the new definition of value," she said.

It is now less than half the options and as for flexibility, you cannot order any odd number of items. Yep, that's a real winning combination.
>>
If the sausage burritos go up more than a 25¢, there is no reason to ever go there again
>>
I'll tell you one of the reasons McDonalds is doing poorly.

The fucking salads. The audience that goes to McDonalds on daily basis, big gulp drinking tub of shits, the last thing they will possible ever order from McDonalds is a fucking salad.
The target audience, fag hipsters sticks, the last place there would ever go to to order a salad is McDonalds.

So why in gods name do they still have this product that's expensive to make, expansive to maintain and doesn't have an audience on their menu.
>>
>>7094325
You'd pay a dollar for a single chicken nugget divided into 4 pieces?
>>
How to fix mcdonalds
Get rid of the following items
1. Double Quarter Pound
2. Bacon Clubhouse
3. BBQ Ranch Burger
4. Double Cheeseburger
5. Daily Double
6. All buttermilk chicken sandwiches
7. All Grill chickens sandwiches
8. All McWraps
9. All Salads
10. All steak egg sandwiches
11. Egg white delight McMuffin
12. Cinnamon Melts
13. Burritos
14. Parfait
15. All Smoothies
16. Stop bring back the McRib like ever 2 months like they do now

Two, shut down like 35% of all McDonalds nationwide. It's too readily available and you don't leave the consumer wanting more. It's gone from convenience to an all out flood of McDonalds stores

Three, now because we aren't wasting money on retarded crap like the buttermilk chicken sandwiches or those chicken wings, which was a massive money pit for McDonalds, we can use the ad money and maintenance we would have used on that crap to try and make our essentials, the cheeseburger, the fries, the nuggets, the Big Mac, actually taste edible. Try to focus on using fresh, better tasting, higher quality and all the other buzzwords to make those on the level of a Wendy's.

And finally, rip off Subways monthly special. Every month, there would be a specially burger that is only for sale for that month.
>>
>>7094643
Why do they even do that shit with the Mcrib anyways, so people forget how bad it was?
>>
>>7094645
It may be shit, but it has a big appeal that is going away because they keep bringing it back more it more.

From what I've seen, as I've never had one, a lot of people like the McRib, not because it's good, but because it's a run novelty item. So why would you keep bring it back when the big appeal of the McRib is that it is rarely brought back?
>>
>>7094643
What's wrong with the double quarter pounder? I love that thing.
>>
If taco bell can sell entire burritos for a dollar mcdonalds can step it's game up, but it isn't

bring back the old dollar menu and the two best burgers you had (jalapeno double and the swiss and mushroom) and you'll get my business back
>>
>>7094643
We're on /ck/ and not /biz/ alright.
>>
>7 dollars for a tiny burger
>mccoffee fruity smoothie java meme drinks
>niggers at every location
>a million other places to eat
>double cheese burger like $1.50 now
>mcchicken sandwich like $1.50 now
>nuggets taste funny
>>
>>7094947
Because the quarter pounder on it's own cost a lot, then you double it and add not one but two slices of cheese? You're wasting money.
>>
>>7097058
>McDonald's already has to buy 1/4th of the world's food supply

lol what? Stop randomly pulling numbers out of your ass.
>>
>>7097071
It's called hyperbole, stupid.
>>
>>7097083
More like idiocy, moron.
>>
McDs USA needs to have a burger from one of the overseas locations each month.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.