[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been considering getting pic related from kickstarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
I've been considering getting pic related from kickstarter for 3 days now and cannot make up my mind.

Possible cons:
Replacement blades?
Running your blade over a surface all the time will dull it quickly

Questions:
How does it do cutting thicker things

Possible pros:
Looks fun to use

I mostly cut baguette (not good for this) and slice meat for jerky (maybe good for this).
And vegetables for stirfry. I'll have to precut the cauliflower and broccoli, and it might cut carrots good?
>>
I wish I had no ethics so I could fleece the mentally disabled on a cyberbegging site with a clean conscience
>>
Is that a cockring for your girlfriends bull?
>>
>>7092617
>crowdfunding
You're. A. Fucking. Retard
>>
Go suck a dick and dieeeed
>>
It's a fucking pizza cutter
>>
>>7092617
what a shitty concept.
>here, let me show you people using a knife like an ax. aren't knives useless?
>here, use this thing where you will be pressing on an item only to cut it, like an ax!

i can't wait for one of those shitty little wheels that hold the blade in place to snap, rendering the entire thing useless.
>>
>>7092617

bad name choice. there are already bolo knives.
>>
>>7092617
one of the most idiotic devices ever to integrate a sharpened steel blade.
>>
File: 41RNNK9NW6L.jpg (28 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
41RNNK9NW6L.jpg
28 KB, 500x460
already exists

find something else to piss away your money on
>>
>>7092850
awful design
how would you clean up inside that fucker?
I bust out my roman broadsword to cut pizza like a real man
>>
File: zyliss-pizza-cutter-5.jpg (40 KB, 337x300) Image search: [Google]
zyliss-pizza-cutter-5.jpg
40 KB, 337x300
>>7092861
>how would you clean up inside that fucker?
>>
>>7092861
It disassembles
>>
>>7092861
>awful design
great design, a normal pizza roller is a shit design. the leverage points are all to fuck.
>>
File: 1394669040672_zpsae06f300.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1394669040672_zpsae06f300.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>7092861
>I bust out my roman broadsword to cut pizza like a real man
>>
>>7092861
> Roman
> broadsword

Uh
>>
>>7092617
this looks extremely useless
and stupid
and gay
use a real knife, fag
>>
>>7092617
>dull it quickly

It will probably dull more slowly actually assuming the steel isn't shit because you're using less force and the blade is always turning so you don't concentrate on any specific area for cutting.
>>
>>7092872
>leverage points are all to fuck.
wat
>>
>>7092966
DONT SAY FAG RAPIST GO GO POWER RANGERS DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>7092617

Is that a carrying case for Xenas throwing ring?
>>
>>7092617
Is this a joke? It's fucking awful.
>invented by a woman

What a surprise.

Also, there's already a knife called a bolo, good job idiots.
>>
>We won’t have inventory until March 2016 but you can still give a bolo for Christmas! Once we reach our goal, email us at [email protected] and we’ll send you a beautiful gift certificate that you can print out and give to a lucky someone on your Christmas list. We’ll ship your bolo to you as soon as it arrives.

Holy fuck, if someone in my family did that to me I would disown them.

>Merry Christmas, here's a voucher for a piece of shit!
>>
File: Chef's Knife.jpg (31 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Chef's Knife.jpg
31 KB, 1000x1000
>>7092617
Anon save your money and get your self a good chef's knife
>>
>>7092617
>doesnt post the kickstarter
>>
>>7092617
like most infomercial shit, this is useless for normal, able-bodied people, but would be great for old and physically disabled people.

so unless you've got a fucked body that makes it difficult/painful to use a normal knife, don't buy it ya dingus
>>
bolocks
>>
>>7093129
makes way too much sense
>>
>>7093129
>posts wusthof
>>
>>7092623
... but theyre selling things, not begging for money
>>
>>7093536
That's not how kickstarter works.
They're asking for money so they can even begin making them.
>>
>>7092617
I like the idea of the tenderizer blade. It seems like a silent option to hammering the meat.
>>7093129
That's what I was thinking. My knife skills are slowly improving and i can still chop faster than the people in that video. Maybe it would be a good gift for a family member that refuses to learn good knife skills and likes pointless gadgets.
>>
File: meat tenderizer.jpg (13 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
meat tenderizer.jpg
13 KB, 300x200
>>7093556
Thing is, rolling meat tenderizers have been around forever.
>>
>>7093536
They're begging for seed money to get their product made. Bad things happen often, though:
1. They don't make the goal and you get ripped off
2. They make the the goal+ and you still get ripped off.
3. They make the goal and it takes a ridiculous long time to ship the product (years)

They way I see it, if their product was so great, they'd already have VCs or a company willing to buy it.
>>
>>7093609
>1. They don't make the goal and you get ripped off

This doesn't happen. If they don't make the goal, they don't collect the funding and no one gets ripped off.
>>
It looks cool.

But doesn't a pizza cutter do the same thing?

>>7092623

>I wish I had no ethics so I could fleece the mentally disabled on a cyberbegging site with a clean conscience

They're offering a voluntary exchange of goods and services; only difference is you're paying in advance.
>>
So I actually like kickstarter and have backed things on there. All of the projects I've backed delivered. Yeah I know there's been horror stories, even 2 of the projects I backed had serious issues. It helps to do your due diligence and take around 10 minutes to look up the people involved to see what, if anything, they have produced in the past.

Even then you have to realize that production of anything can be held up easily and it might be long after a projects deadline before you see the end product. And very rarely a project doesn't get made at all, in this case the backers, or one of them, can take the person(s) behind the project to court to force them to give refunds. The times this has happened, courts have sided with the backers.

That said there is a lot of infomercial tier shit that gets put up there. This knife being one of them. Its sad that something like this will probably make and surpass its funding goal.

If someone had arthritis it might be useful, but even then I would suggest they look for one of the already available knives that have a similar form factor.
>>
>>7093620
>what is star citizen
>what is occulus rift

And there's thousand more like this. I read a Huffington post article that cited 9/10 kick starter funds are just money grabs with no intention to reach their final goal
>>
>>7092623
I wonder if it will cost 0.1$ or 0.2$ per finished knife.

>>7092850
Gripping those are a bitch.
They are also smaller.
>>
>>7093609
>1. They don't make the goal and you get ripped off
No such thing anon. Goal is to get funded. Not to ship product.

>2. They make the the goal+ and you still get ripped off.
If you by "goal+" mean "funded", then yes. That can happen.
The chance depend on what kind of product, and how manufacturing is done.

>3. They make the goal and it takes a ridiculous long time to ship the product (years)
Horror stories include OpenPandora, IE. That predates Kickstarter by several years.
Kickstarter hasn't been around long enough for the "it took years to get the stuff" thing to happen yet
>>
>>7094168
>huffington post article
you're just as much of a sheep as the people who use kickstarter
>>
>>7092637
/thread
>>
>>7094168
I was talking specifically about projects that DON'T reach their funding goal.

Star Citizen and Oculus Rift both well exceeded their funding goals. They are also both still in development and have some tangible results, they weren't straight up money grabs with zero intent or signs of reaching a finished product.
>>
>>7092617
OP, you're a retard. Get a set of good quality knives and learn to hone and sharpen them periodically.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.