[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideal breakfast for /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: belly.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
belly.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Hey there friends of the internet i'm planning on making a pretty big breakfast on sunday since I've seriously cut back on drinking and can no longer sleep for more then 3 hours at a time, so whats your ideal breakfast /ck/?

I'm going to make hash browns, breakfast sausage, seared oyster mushrooms with roasted shallots, toast, salad with lemon vin, and 3 poached eggs. One cup of coffee and 2 cups of orange juice.

I'm hoping the food coma will dominate the caffeine from the coffee and I go right back to bead.

pic unrelated but still food
>>
Since this thread is about breakfast, I figured I'd ask here

I've been trying to learn fried eggs for a while, adn even with some tricks like throwing a little piece of bread to know when the oil is ready to fry, i can never do decent fried eggs. I just tried with 4 eggs and no success.
Whats the trick ?
>>
>>7092405
No trick, just gotta git gud and develop a feel for it. Each time you make eggs, determine what the problem is and try to correct it, eggs are like babby's first finicky food, in that they're simple but it requires you to understand what you're doing rather than just following directions.

Just make sure you're on medium, medium low heat, and be generous with the lube
>>
>>7092405
wait for the oil to let heat rise up to 4-5 inches from the pan. drop the eggs and wait for 1 min then drop a spoonful of water in the pan not directly on the egg and cover. wait for 1 min 30 secs and voila runny yolk without snotty whites.
>>
File: spam-and-egg-musubi1.jpg (149 KB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
spam-and-egg-musubi1.jpg
149 KB, 525x295
>>
>>7092405

here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42dbuhteL4o

the secret is just to have patience, use very low heat, little oil and a non-stick pan.

>>7092381

to me a perfect breakfast would be:

*bread fresh out of the oven
*avocado
*yoghurt with bananas, grapes, melon, physalis, [insert fruit here]
*salchicha, goat cheese, proscioutto, [insert preferred sausage here]
*eggs fried on top of bacon
*hot black beans in tomato stock
*creamed spinach
*toasted croissant with goat cream cheese [if you haven't tried that you haven't lived]

*green tea
*blood orange juice

I have to say though, yours sounds incredible.
>>
>>7092414
yeah but i dont want to make eggs everyday you know.. this time around the first 2 were total garbage and the last was almost good but the yellow thing got out :(
whats the best method for taking them out of the pan when they are done? i use a frying pan and a spoon. to open them i use the spoon too and sometimes get my hands pretty messy if i dont do it correctly
>>7092415
what? putting water on frying oil? i dont want burns on my face! if this is not a joke, its not the kind of eggs i want to make...
>>
>>7092426
>emoji enthusiast
>>
>>7092381

Whole wheat toast,1 slice with avocado and salt, 1 slice with jelly or jam

Big cup of coffee
>>
I usually end up eating all my eggs and sausage for dinner. Nothing better than frying eggs in the sausage grease.
>>
>>7092381
A bowl of oats with whole milk and a cup of coffee.
>>
>>7092433

>what? putting water on frying oil? i dont want burns on my face! if this is not a joke, its not the kind of eggs i want to make...

Nigga, as long as you don't use a shitload of oil nothing bad happens. That anon is giving you good advice.
>>
>>7092669
'cept maybe the Indy 500.
>>
sausage, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich with a coffee with cinnamon dulce syrup. I have this on fridays
>>
It's 2015. How did you manage to take such a shitty picture?
>>
For me, smoked salmon is GOAT breakfast. I normally go for one of either

>Eggs Royale (like eggs benedict but replace the ham with smoked salmon)
>Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and toast
>Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel.

Add a fresh squeezed juice, preferably apple or orange but im not fussy, and maybe an espresso and
>>
>>7092381
2 Eggs over medium
Fried sausages, potatoes, bell peppers and shallots.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.