[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eyy this is my first time starting a thread here; I'm super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1447523648235.jpg (233 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447523648235.jpg
233 KB, 900x900
Eyy this is my first time starting a thread here; I'm super fucking new to cooking and can't do any fancy shit yet, but I can try. Anyways, got invited to a potluck thanksgiving party, so I wanna bring something tasty! Please help me out: what's something that will taste good even if it wasn't made right there and had to be transported/reheated?
>>
Deviled eggs. Foolproof. No reheating.
>>
two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese you get the picture big mac
>>
>>7092024
Red cabbage, great side if there's some kind of roast with gravy and doesn't get worse from reheating in a microwave.
Also tastes better if it was made the day before.

http://www.daringgourmet.com/2014/07/23/traditional-german-rotkohl-sweet-sour-red-cabbage/
>>
>>7092030
I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but how do I make deviled eggs? Any recommended recipes I can look up or just Google "deviled eggs" and do whatever I find?
>>7092034
Wut
>>
>>7092037
>Wut
big mac is a meme here, newfriend.
try making carbonara which can be reheated in a microwave, maybe.
>>
>>7092035
Wait so this is eaten hot? What is the taste comparable to? I have never had anything like this
>>
>>7092037

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BzqoTuZYC0
>>
>>7092037

dear god, are you a woman?
>>
>>7092042
I see. Visiting a new board is always filled with such mysteries and discoveries. Carbonara? I will look it up, thank you!
>>
Could you not buy something like a cheesecake or something?
>>
>>7092037
Boil a dozen eggs. Apply the power of Satan. Sprinkle with paprika for color.
>>
>>7092045
Thank you! This looks delicious!
>>7092051
No, sorry m8
>>
>>7092042
Big Mac is not meme you moron.
Do you know what a meme actually is?
>>
>>7092052
Carbonara is a simple pasta sauce that has also become a bit of a meme here.

Meh, I'm a meat&veg guy so can't offer a suggestion. Just trying to add some life to your thread.
>>
Hard boil eggs. (Google)
Cut eggs in half
Separate yolk from whites
Add mayo
Mustard
Relish
To yolk. Stir until fully incorporated
Spoon yolk back into whites.
For a bit of creativity and class feel free to garnish with whatever you want. Carrot and radish for color. Green onion and celery for a bit of crunch. Top the whole thing off with a dash of paprika.
>>
>>7092053
But I want to make something! I'll get to finally practice some cooking on someone other than myself, and maybe they'll like it who knows? I also think they are making things too, so I would feel like I copped out bringing a premade cake lol
>>7092055
Ah yes thank you
>>
>>7092058
if it's popular it's a meme. you look silly now.

but i'd advise against continuing this line of discussion. it's starting to cross over from funposting to shitposting.

sorry i even mentioned it.
>>
File: wild-rice-salad.jpg (15 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
wild-rice-salad.jpg
15 KB, 360x240
This:
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/wild_rice_cranberry_pecan_salad/

the only cooking you have to do is to cook the rice. You can find wild rice at most major grocery stores; just ask an attendant where it's located.
This pairs really well with thanksgiving food, and its more of a midwestern, especially Minnesotan type thing so if your not from there i'm sure everyone would be thrilled to try something new and 'exotic'
>>
>>7092058
>>7092059
Okay, you guys are clearly dank maymay masters beyond my level. Thanks for trying anyways

>>7092061
How would I transport these? I feel like they would just roll around and spill everything in a Tupperware no? Unless I packed them in very tightly I guess
>>
File: dscf4142.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
dscf4142.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>7092043
Hard to describe, slightly sweet braised red cabbage
>>
>>7092066
>if it's popular it's a meme
Fuck me........
>>
>>7092069
Thanks anon but... can you vouch for this personally? Because honestly it does not look very apetizing to me, but I would be willing to try it on my own. Maybe not as my first dish to my friends though
>>
>>7092074
london?
>>
>>7092070
Some simple disposable tin foil pans they sell with plastic lids at the grocery store.

Some easy practice type hot foods you can Google :
Potatoes Au Gratten
Mexican pie
Sheppard pie
>>
Would recommend you stick to baking stuff. Hard to sew up as a newb.
>>
>>7092084
Thanks anon
Holy shit the potatoes au gratten made my mouth water, they look delicious! Is this an easy dish to fuck up? I would definitely want to try making this
>>7092087
If you could add a suggestion to the growing pile it would be very appreciated anon. I'll probably get around to making everything you guys are suggesting eventually
>>
>>7092095
It's easy. Also it's gratin not gratten, /ck/ please
>>
>>7092101
Nice, I might go with that. My bad
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.