[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? https://youtu.be/psNGoGb8ykw?t=103
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 12
File: chef-Marco-Pierre-White-008.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
chef-Marco-Pierre-White-008.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
What went wrong?

https://youtu.be/psNGoGb8ykw?t=103
>>
people need to make a living. also, i hear knorr products are good.

your move.
>>
>>7091776
What the fuck is Knorr?
>>
>>7091776
"World class" chef needs to make a living?
He already has how many restaurants?
It's not making a living, it's selling out.

Your move.
>>
>>7091773
The second he smelt the sage then neighed like a damned horse, I lost it.

I also kept waiting to see if a Knorr Stock Pot is going to be used.
>>
>>7091788
its making money. most people who have tried knorr products think theyre good. i see nothing wrong with what marco did.
>>
>>7091788
He used Knorr when he held 3 michelin stars senpai
>>
its just great how terrible he is at giving instructions
the whole video is
measurements and cooking time? I dont give a shit, dont even bother peeling the onions you fucking animal, what are you some kind of prick? just eat out of the garbage for all I care, fuck you.
>>
>>7091807
It's about the tips and tricks. If you want a recipe buy a cook book.
>>
>>7091796
Knorr Stock Pot posting is my favourite meme
>>
>>7091788
fuck you faggot
your move
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jix3M0InCmo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWkcqTMgwuU
>>
>>7091773
Why does he always have the look of utter defeat on his face?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEnemqewtc
>>
does anyone else actually like his videos? the ones made by knorr. i think they're pretty cool, he has a calming voice and a neat personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEIjkr4QPFs

i could listen to him all day
>>
>>7091776
fucking faggot, watch the video before posting next time sheesh
>>
>>7091797
>>7091798
>>7091841
This is why Ramsay is king. He doesn't shill garbage tier ingredients for his recipes
>>
>>7091875
His advice is great, just autismals on this board can't get over Knorr stockpots
>>
>>7091852
I'm almost certainly sure he was a crippled fucking booze bag.
>>
Im an old romanticist. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3085235/Marco-Pierre-White-reduces-budding-MasterChef-hopefuls-Melita-Ashleigh-blubbering-wrecks-gets-choked-too.html
>>
>>7091878
Who uses salt? really?
>>
>>7091807

it's funny how much this reveals you know fuck all about cooking.
>>
>>7091877
Firstly, there is no king of cooking. Kill yourself.

Secondly, fuck you faggot. Look at this shit fuck sake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNy3HpbwAlc
>>
>>7091875

some of them are fine, they're reasonably well put together recipes. some of them, like this, are absolutely fucking shameful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPHTagllPoA
>>
>>7091773
That was a really nice vid. I've never seen him in such a good mood. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of vids with him. Saw an old one where he was young and a total douche, posted to /ck/ recently. Then I've seen a handful of the Knorr vids where he acts as if he is narrating an EA Poe novel or something - while using fucking Knorr.

I liked this cracklin one though. He was adequately informative, throwing some good commentary humor. And the food looks incredible!
And no god damned Knorr either.
>>
>>7091883

he never says not to use salt you enormous pleb he just shoehorns in knorr stockpots wherever he thinks is most appropriate in the recipe. there are restaurants where they cook their pasta in broth, for instance.
>>
>>7091889
>comparing flatware to FUCKING INGREDIENTS FOR COOKING
>Yeah, tell me to kill myself, jesus christ
>>
Don't use salt!
>use Knorr Aromat!
>use Knorr Stock Pot!

Why are you faggots defending this?
>>
>>7091907

because shitting on marco out of belligerent smallness is really boring. yes he's a shill, he's still a motherfucker. and telling a home cook to use stock cubes in their food is hardly diabolical.
>>
>>7091894
>Jamaican
Fucking what? It's just lazy US/UK housewife bullshit. I mean, it probably isn't terrible but that's about the laziest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>7091916

i actually think i would hate it. flaccid chicken, greasy rice, i hate the combination of brown rice with peas and no complexity whatsoever. i mean i would be really upset if i had to eat it. in any case why the fuck is he using actual peas in rice and peas, not even acknowledging it, does he have no shame?
>>
>>7091875
>why buy it when you can make it?
THAT'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW.
>>
Be sure to BUY Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
>>
>>7091905
Shilling continues - David Chang, http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7g9v/2015-audi-a3-dues-featuring-ricky-gervais
>>
>>7091932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLStos3Mb4
>>
>>7091773
Firstly, it's an ad, he wants more money for blow or whatever and expects people who aren't retards to be able to identify obvious advertising.

Secondly, how many times does this fucking thread have to be posted before you get tired of doing so?
>>
I have never seen one of these ads on tv and only found out that Marco sold them thanks to /ck/

used one the otherday and there was his face staring back at me from the packet

>wake me up inside
>>7091877
>Ramsay not a sell out
>meanwhile in bizzaro world
>>
>>7091887
>knowing about cooking
literally the easiest thing in the world to do. What kind of monkey needs to learn about cooking? just do it
>>
>>7091991

it's funny how much this reveals you know fuck all about cooking.
>>
File: Australian Chap.png (181 KB, 919x740) Image search: [Google]
Australian Chap.png
181 KB, 919x740
oy, might!
If yer not gonna finish that pickled pigface, ken oy ev it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1488mShbRY

Based fucking Marco, he's 100% correct
>>
>>7092044

he's pretty damn cool and genuine. yeah he can be a little cold but that's kinda just his personality, i don't think he's a mean person or anything.
>>
>>7091773
His philosophy is spot on. I've been to michelin starred restaurants and it's great food, for sure, but a nice solid meal at a pub is more enjoyable for me.
>>
>>7092044
Damn, that was a nice little interview. Honestly made me like him a lot more. I kind of get the whole Knorr thing, though I won't really support it. But like he said, Knorr has given him a bigger stage and that is why I know about him now. The good thing is we can just pass on the Knorr and take his advice on actually important parts of his videos. The tips, tricks, ideology, history. I really like his perspective on the pub thing. I'll bet he doesn't like those stock pots as much as it may seem. I'm sure part of the deal is that he must use them and find ways to, so he probably tries to pick the most applicable, even reluctantly I would imagine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bjQy0S6Un4
>>
>>7092139
Knorr stockpots are great, obviously he forces a bit but if you actually use them for stock it's great
>>
>>7092139
He claims to have use them in his 3 michelin star kitchen, in his sauces. /ck/ is very pretentious. Ultimately, you use whatever method, whatever ingredients to make the best food possible.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWAH3LQI_Y

lmao, Marco is a fucking riot
>>
>>7092158
"Some psychological bullies like to use Knorr stock pots in everything. But I prefer a different approach."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu90jsp6nkE
>>
>>7092172
I remember when I used to believe Jamie Oliver was a great chef, a good cook at best
>>
>>7092158
>gets called a bully
>proceeds to say he'll beat jamie oliver up and calls him fat
I love this guy
>>
>>7091773
>cooking shouldn't be a chore, if its a job get a takeaway

Jesus, how the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>7092190
>I misunderstand marco so just claim he has fallen

pleb
>>
>>7092044
Why does this seem 100% scripted?

Like, I'm pretty positive this is scripted. The fuck is this?
>>
>>7092198
Marco has thought deeply about all this, so it's scripted in his head
>>
>>7092198
>>7092158
Okay. listen to him talk in this one. Even this sounds scripted. Am I losing my mind
>>
>>7091894
>What a marriage!

It's fucking unseasoned chicken with flavourless rice and peas seasoned with some salty stock pot?
>>
>>7092210
If you notice in these videos he never really shows himself seasoning shit. I don't know if he just doesn't fuckin bother with these or if he's just skipping over the usual 'fucking put salt and pepper on it do I really have to tell you this shit' step
>>
>>7092210
>>7092266
there's no reason to salt the drumsticks when you braise them in broth

1 Knorr chicken stock pot is the equivalent of half a liter of stock, he put 3 in there
>>
>>7092266
No, he explicitly tells you not to use salt. In several of these videos he tells you that Knorr is much better for controlling the seasoning in your dish than salt. This is why he's a sellout. Not for shilling for Knorr, but for straight up lying.
>>
>>7091773
i hate his Yorkshire accent
>>
>>7092274
What if he's not lying?
>>
>>7092158
I would love to hear boss battle dialogue with MPW
>>
>>7092288

not him, but there are two points I wanna bring up from your question.

1. Salt is a flavour enhancer, plain and simple. If you want to make your pasta taste better, but still retain the flavour of pasta, you use salt. Same with meat and veg. It's been that way for thousands of years and it isn't going to change because it's a constant truth. If you want your pasta to taste like chicken, use a stock pot, but at this point it would be a matter of preference.

2. Knorr pays him very well to think up news ways to incorporate their products into areas of cuisine were stock isn't even used normally. Take the infamous carbonara recipe for example. He makes a very decent British version of the dish that would still be decent whether or not he used the stock pot for boiling the pasta. This is why he's criticised for shilling. It's gratuitous and unnecessary marketing for a product that wouldn't even be considered unless they had a big name behind it.

Anyway, I still think Marco is an incredible chef. Anyone that wants nothing to do with him at all just because he accepted a boatload of money is either butthurt or stupid or both.
>>
>>7091852
Because he was entirely eclipsed by his student
>>
>>7092602
Wrong
>>
>>7092604
Ramsey is far more well known than Marco nowadays
>>
>>7092609
By plebs. Since when did their opinions count?
>>
>>7091877
His personality is a shill, the yelling is what setting him apart from the competition.
>>
>>7092612
>I'm an elite patrician because I've heard of a slightly less famous, but still extremely famous chef
lel

you're like those neckbeards in /g/ watch threads who think they're elite horologists because they've heard of PP and they totally wouldn't buy a rolex even if they had the money (which of course they don't)
>>
>>7092618
;)
>>
>>7092601

stock pots have salt in them. they also have other flavour enhancing chemicals in them.

> It's gratuitous and unnecessary marketing

what the fuck does that mean?

>for a product that wouldn't even be considered unless they had a big name behind it.

hahaha what the fuck? knorr is a huge company.
>>
>>7092625
Don't listen to /ck/. They only know MPW because of le epic Knorr meme and know nothing about cooking
>>
>>7092625
it's not very well known in america, that guy is probably american. here we have mondelez (for home) and sysco (for the big night out). those are the only two sources of food here.
>>
>>7092626
>tips fedora
tell us about your patrician spaghetti sauce from scratch, you fucking sperg. I bet it's your greatest life achievement.
>>
>>7092630
idiot
>>
>>7092625

By gratuitous and unnecessary I mean that the use of a knorr stockpot in the boiling water would not have made a difference at all in the quality or flavour of a carbonara, and by product that wouldnt be considered I mean marketing it in a way that attempts to incorporate it's use in nearly all areas of cooking. It's not necessary and largely leaves cuisine and cooking as a whole not much better for it. Does that make sense?
>>
>>7092640

>I mean that the use of a knorr stockpot in the boiling water would not have made a difference at all in the quality or flavour of a carbonara

nonsense.

>I mean marketing it in a way that attempts to incorporate it's use in nearly all areas of cooking

look i get what you're trying to say, but stock cubes and broth and stuff actually do have a use in nearly all areas of cooking. home cooks have been seasoning all kinds of shit with them long before knorr stock pots. while it's depressing that marco is selling out so hard by pretending knorr stock pots are specifically the supreme seasoning that makes all food taste better than food seasoned with something else, the actual principle of seasoning with them is not offensively bad.

> It's not necessary and largely leaves cuisine and cooking as a whole not much better for it.

i mean that's hardly a profound condemnation of everything marco stands for is it?
>>
>>7092657

I'm not saying that he's a terrible person or anything, you should read my first post. But what I am saying is the Knorr advert campaign is a best a boondoggle and at worst damaging to his image.

>nonsense.

Like I said, if you want your pasta to taste like chicken, it's a matter of preference only.

>look i get what you're trying to say, but stock cubes and broth and stuff actually do have a use in nearly all areas of cooking. home cooks have been seasoning all kinds of shit with them long before knorr stock pots. while it's depressing that marco is selling out so hard by pretending knorr stock pots are specifically the supreme seasoning that makes all food taste better than food seasoned with something else, the actual principle of seasoning with them is not offensively bad.

No it isn't, I'm not knocking stock or stock pots at all. The advert campaign is just a bit unseemly to me.
>>
>>7092664

it's far from a boondoggle, it's very effective marketing and it gets him paid while also promoting his image to the general public while circumventing the fine dining world with which he has apparently become disillusioned.

>Like I said, if you want your pasta to taste like chicken, it's a matter of preference only.

well, yes, but the stockpots contain things like msg and vegetable extracts that will create a very savoury taste independent of the actual chicken flavour. that's what he's trying to do really. it bypasses the use of other ingredients that achieve that overall seasoning. simplifies it for the home cook and makes their food have a richer flavour in a way that seems elusively tied to the use of the stockpot. there is a deception there, but it's a small one.
>>
>>7092288
In one of those videos, as he's dumping a Knorr stock jelly into a pot, he says, "You can put in but you can never take out." That's exactly the point. You can always add exactly as much salt as you feel you need in your dish. You cannot do this with stock pots, you can only add in increments of however much sodium is in each pot. Or try to scoop out only as much as you think you need, but who knows what that is. Hell, even bouillon cubes are more controlled, as you can use a knife to shave off as much as you want from the cube. White knows this, but he still tells you to forget the salt and use Knorr pots.
>>
>>7091785
A range of shitty gravy and stock products of which Marco is their little bitch.
>>
File: happy-marco.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
happy-marco.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>7091866
I wish he'd smile more, I don't think I've ever seen the man laugh.
>>
>>7091894
Hot damn, that's /ck/ tier.
>>
>>7092198
The interviewer in the first video has re-recorded her questions after the fact, talking to a blank wall, so she literally is reading from a script. Amateur interviewers do it sometimes because they've only got one camera, or their original questions are unclear or stuttered.

The second video sounds weird because all of the pauses are edited out.
>>
Most people at home can't cook for shit.
At least with a stock cube/pot you can be consistent, which is very important for cooking.
>>
>>7093698
>you can be consistent, which is very important for cooking

Is it?
>>
>>7091773
He looks like an middle aged Edward Scissorhands in that pic
>>
File: 1448056580021.jpg (8 KB, 216x249) Image search: [Google]
1448056580021.jpg
8 KB, 216x249
I swear to fucking god I am sick of seeing this guy being posted because my fucking mum loves this guy and takes his advice about Knorr stock pots ridiculously seriously.

She puts them in every single dish she makes now.
Some dishes she has made

>Marco's Spaghetti Carbonara
>Stir fry with Knorr beef stock
>four cheese omellete with two Knorr stock pot flavours
>Jerked chicken marinaded with Knorr beef stock pot
>Cheesecake with Knorr stock pot in the filling
>Homemade beefburgers with Knorr chicken stock spread over the bread as a sauce
>I came home one day with a pizza from dominoes and she smeared Knorr beef stock pot over the pizza unevenly with a knife
>Oreos with the filling removed and replaced with Knorr chicken stock spread over

The worst part is that she doesn't seem to realise how awful it tastes and insists that because Marco does it she must do it as well. She also took all the spices out of the kitchen and replaced them with Knorr stock pots. I accidentally left some vanilla pods in the kitchen so she scraped out the seeds and spread over some Knorr chicken stock pot.
>>
>>7093788
>>
>>7091773
Holy fuck that crackling.

I swear every single professional chef has a "guaranteed" crackling method though, and it's all bollocks. 99% of it is the fact their slab of belly pork has sat around for half a day actually drying out in the cold store or wherever. Massaging, salting, vinegar rubs are all superstition.
>>
Knorr Stock Potsâ„¢ make your Oreo Cookiesâ„¢ and vanilla taste better. You should try it.
>>
>>7094374
Are you too afraid/cheap to disprove people who cook for a living and have literally received the highest accolades for cooking that humanity have ever bestowed?
Oh, wait I'm on 4chan, of course you are.
>>
>>7091773
>that sage sniffing

marco...
>>
>>7093719
It is if you are bad at cooking because you prevent catastrophes. If you are decent, then you can change stuff up each time and maybe discover something new.
>>
https://youtu.be/azQnqH_NC-A?t=30
>>
>>7091773

>salt and roast
>honey glaze
>doesn't skin the onion or mince th herbs

this is drunk cooking.

drunks do this
>>
>2015
>not finely chopping your onions MPW style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBj9H6z6Uxw
>>
>>7094412
What?
>>
>>7094480
Huh?
>>
>>7094439
>that bit at 3:47

I really wish we could see a bit more of Marco unscripted. He's so measured and practiced in everything he says normally it's incredibly difficult to sense any actual underlying emotion.

He seems like an absolute diamond geezer deep down, but the external persona is almost frightening in its sheer defensive strength.
>>
>>7094511
He has serious mother issues and insecurities, so he intellectualises everything to remove himself from the emotions
>>
https://youtu.be/dUZXvbYhSJ4?t=417

>so you take a little butter
>*thud*
>>
>>7094506
No, seriously. I can't tell what point that comment is so triumphantly supposed to be making.
>>
File: gordon-ramsey-2015-1024.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gordon-ramsey-2015-1024.jpg
65 KB, 1024x768
Ramsay in 2000
>>
File: gordon_ramsay_headshot.jpg (283 KB, 800x992) Image search: [Google]
gordon_ramsay_headshot.jpg
283 KB, 800x992
Ramsay in 2015
>>
>>7094554
>gordon-ramsey-2015-1024.jpg
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/comments/3j32pa/marco_cooks_for_1988_a_tv_crew_follows_marco/

The videos were taken down. Is there any way to gain access them?
>>
>>7091866
so that's why White Heat is pictures.

and now I'm feeling sorry for him :(
>>
KNORR KNORR KNORR
>>
File: marco pierre might.png (33 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
marco pierre might.png
33 KB, 2000x1000
>>
>>7095428

Knorr Stock Pot makes your pasta taste better. You should try it.
>>
File: 1447231360807.gif (530 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1447231360807.gif
530 KB, 497x732
>>7095501
Holy shit, you got me good.
>>
>>7095501
lol
>>
>>7095501
>>7097541
>>7097599
I don't get it
>>
>>7097872

It's a picture of a NOR gate.
>>
>>7097884
Huh?
>>
>>7098104
Don't worry about it
>>
File: 1448065609951.jpg (46 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
1448065609951.jpg
46 KB, 340x565
>>7094554
>Ramsay in 2000
>filename says gordon_ramsey_2015
>>
>>7093559
He laughs once they're all dead
>>
>>7098134
>Cooking board
>Racist Anime picture
>>
File: 1445490946816.png (684 KB, 810x720) Image search: [Google]
1445490946816.png
684 KB, 810x720
>>7098137
Tell me more.
>>
File: 1431987665024.png (821 KB, 1330x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431987665024.png
821 KB, 1330x1080
>>7098137
>>
>>7098279
Please have sex.
>>
>>7092277
He doesn't sound at all like a Yorkshireman

His accent is based 2bh
>>
>>7098279
>>7098235
>>7098134
>4chan filenames
>>7094554
>2015
>>
I've actually used Knorr stock pots occasionally. It's good enough I guess, when I'm too lazy cooking my own stock and it definitely beats stock cubes.
>>
Someone should make a pacman game, Marco is pacman, normal coins are Knorr stockcubes, super coins are Knorr stockpots, and the ghosts are Michelin Stars
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.