[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just made croissants for the first time using a recipe that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 59103-3.png (379 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
59103-3.png
379 KB, 900x600
I just made croissants for the first time using a recipe that took 6 hours total, and they came out nearly perfect. What the hell is the point of all those recipes that have you folding it for literally 3 days?
>>
>>7090662
>made croissants for the first time
>I am a reasonable person for believing I am a good judge of perfection on the subject
>>
File: suckmycock.gif (1 MB, 350x191) Image search: [Google]
suckmycock.gif
1 MB, 350x191
>>7090662
they take 2 days to make well.
They are very hard to make well by hand
they require a steam oven to come out perfect.
you can make ok ones at home in your shitty oven
>came out nearly perfect
mfw
>>
>>7090830
I mean I've eaten hundreds of them, I know what a good croissant entails.

I've never built a car, but I know your Lada sucks.
>>
I wish we still lived in the days where you had a local baker who would have all kinds of fresh bread in the morning. My city in Oregon of about 50k people doesn't even have a local butcher.
>>
File: shitposting.gif (31 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
31 KB, 432x288
>>7090839
HUNDREDS
>>
>>7090839
>I've never built a car
>I can tell which race car is tuned to perfection
for any given day on any given track
>>
>>7090866
That's an easy one: HAM ROS VET
>>
Post this magical recipe, OP.
>>
>>7090847
>west coast
We still have that stuff on the east coast.
>>
I've made croissants too anon.
It only took me 20 mins.
I opened the can, then ripped off some triangles, then rolled them up.
Throwem in the oven and wa LA!
>>
>>7090847
My town has 2300 people and has 6 bakeries and 1 non supermarket butcher
>>
>>7091275
america has shitty bakeries.

there are two types of them:
1. bakeries that use mixes and pre-made stuff
2. bakeries that are owned by hipster faggots and make dumb shit like cronuts, cupcakes, dick-shaped donuts, red velvet cake pops, etc.
>>
>>7091564
LOL!
>>
Presumably OP means pastry croissants, not the yeasted variety. The former do take a mere matter of hours to make from start to finish (and that time is mostly spent waiting for the dough to relax before you can fold it again).
>>
>>7091564
Shit im glad i live in LA shit load of ethnic bakeries who make their specific cultures bread along with some European bread.

But the Thai's got croissants down they usually own donut shops and their croissants are always on point.
>>
>>7090662

Solar Hands
>>
>>7090662
Can you give the recette please;-)?
>>
>>7090839
>I've never built a car, but I know your Lada sucks.

That really depends on your metric. A Lada might handle like crap but you can't kill them which is pretty remarkable.

See the point I'm making here?
>>
>>7091895
Croissants never break down?
>>
Here's the recipe:

Makes 8 to 10 croissants,

Ingredients :
- 250 gr flour
- 75 gr water
- 75 gr milk
- 25 gr sugar
- 25 gr butter (softened)
- 1.5tbsp instant yeast (recipe recommended 10g fresh yeast but I couldn't be bothered)
- 5 gr salt

- 150 butter

- Eggwash: 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water

Make dough, rise to double. Make a square with the butter. Punch down dough and put it in the fridge, put butter in fridge 1h.

Roll out dough to a rectangle, put the butter in the middle and seal it in.

Roll out and double fold. 30m in fridge.
Roll out and single fold 30m in fridge.
Roll out and single fold 30m in fridge.

(roll out in the opposite side you rolled the last time)

Roll out to 20x60cm, cut out triangles with a 12cm base. Make small incision in the middle of the base. Pull them out a bit with your hands and roll em up.

Glaze with eggwash and let rise for ~2h. Glaze with eggwash again and bake ~15-20m at ~200C.
>>
>>7092771
that's tsp, not tbsp on the yeast
>>
File: 1445752231105.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1445752231105.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>7092771

>150 butter
>>
File: 4567.png (377 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
4567.png
377 KB, 576x432
>>7092822
>he doesn't have 150 butters
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.