[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's teatime, /ck/. Do you have a favorite kind, or brand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: teapot.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
teapot.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
It's teatime, /ck/. Do you have a favorite kind, or brand? Tea bag or loose leaf? Hot or iced? Who #tea here?
>>
Starwest Botanicals Gunpowder Green is my favorite right now.
>>
>>7090605
I try different kinds all the time but just almost every kind of straight black tea is what I always go back to. Hot and unsweetened.
I like both bags and loose leaf but it depends. Bags are better when I wanna be lazy or I need to go to work or school (which are the main two times I drink tea). But its easier to find more diverse flavors in loose leaf form it seems. So when I wanna try new flavors I'll do that.

If I'm going out to eat, I'll usually get a sweetened ice tea.
>>
>>7090606
I'm all about that Traditional Medicinals right now. All of their products are actually really good.

>>7090641

>black tea

I can't bring myself to like it, anon. Is it just one of those acquired tastes or am I shit?
>>
>>7090605
I only drink the finest aged and fermented black tea from the Zingjang province using original tea making methods.
>>
>>7090667
>acquired taste
I really don't know. I think I just like it because I have a really shitty sense of smell, so a lot of tea is difficult to taste and smell. But black tea already is very bitter (which I weirdly like) so I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>7090700
I dunno, I love tea and I've got a pretty good sense of smell. It's not bitter tastes either, I like straight black tea, but I can't stand coffee, which is pretty bitter as well.
>>
So,what kind of tea pots do you guys use? I recently broke mine and am shopping for a new one.
>>
File: contemporary-kettles.jpg (73 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-kettles.jpg
73 KB, 640x640
>>7090709
I use pic related. I love it, works pretty great. Before I got it though, I asked for one for Christmas. My mom got me an overpriced fancy ass Teavana one that you can't even boil water in because its "just for serving". I don't know what to do with it.
>>
Anyone know how often I should clean my teapot? I don't put sugar or anything in it. Just water and tea.
>>
Rooibos with a hint of chamomile and honey, milk and 2 1/2 spoons of brown sugar... shit now I gotta get up and make some tea. Thanks di/ck/s
>>
>>7090751
That sounds fucking soothing as hell.
>>
>>7090754
I literally cannot stress after drinking that.
>>
>>7090749
tbqh famille, I never really wash mine: just swish some soapy water around in it and you're good

Unless you're using one of those clay/terracotta/whatever ones. Just use water with those
>>
PG Tips, water first then milk and leave the teabag in so it gets better as you drink it.
>>
>>7090606

great taste

>>7090667

>I can't bring myself to like it, anon. Is it just one of those acquired tastes or am I shit?

maybe you just never had good one? how long until you remove the teabag?

>>7090605

I mostly drink green tea, but also a lot of herbal teas and fruit mixes in the night time.

favorites are sencha, especially korean variants at the moment. looking to step up my game from loose-leaf to in-season tea, finna buy some online once I get more money.

almost every evening I cook tea, add a little honey and just let it cool down overnight, so I have iced tea for uni.
>>
>>7090855
>how long until you remove the teabag?

5-10 minutes. Am I doing it too long?
>>
>>7090875
Yes.
>>
>>7090875
>>7090881
I don't think you can do it for too long, guys.
>>
File: xi jin ping.gif (931 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
xi jin ping.gif
931 KB, 400x225
>>7090695
lol, swag
>>
I drink this all the time, get mad britbongs
>>
File: 1447943455195.jpg (51 KB, 826x667) Image search: [Google]
1447943455195.jpg
51 KB, 826x667
>>7090901
>lipton
anon pls put a trigger warning next time
>>
>>7090875

what the fuck. did it take you that long to figure it out?

I do mine between 90 seconds and 150 seconds, depending on temperature. mostly 90 seconds and boiling water, sometimes I'll go for 90 degree celsuis and two minutes.
>>
How do anons feel about Rooibos? i know it's not a tea technically but I still like it, pleb tier?
>>
>>7090901

>lipton
>diet lipton

you have the most severe case of shit taste I've encountered in my entire life. jesus christ.
>>
Who else /lemongingerbeforebed/ here
>>
>>7090605

Iced for me, f/am.

>russian earl grey
>zest of a lemon
>couple of dashes simple syrup with a light cardamom infusion
>>
>>7090784
#Pyramid #SqueezeTheBag #cha
>>
>>7090745
Is this your way of coming out of the closet?
>>
I am looking for a really nice peach tea. any suggestions?
>>
File: 1312177605986.jpg (4 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1312177605986.jpg
4 KB, 126x126
>>7091331
lipton iced tea
>>
>>7091340
very funny, but no, I'm looking for hot tea.
>>
>>7091347
>very funny
Yeah, I thought so. Very original as well.

No, but seriously, idk any major brands for this one. My local shop has a very decent green tea with peach and lemongrass. I've also made hot peach tea at home, basically just took a smoother, more neutral tea (Darjeeling, as I recall) and then used a small amount of peach reduction that I made. Worked well IMO, but not really a peach tea.
>>
>>7091373
hmm... How do you make a reduction?
>>
>>7091403
Just like how you reduce a sauce.

Make some peach juice, strain etc so it's a smooth liquid with no real pulp. Then just simmer it until it gets a less viscous consistence (you want an unsweetened peach concentrate here). Keep in mind that since it's not sweetened, it won't last as long as a syrup would.
>>
>>7091419
Thanks, anon. I genuinely appreciate it.
>>
File: st.jpg (19 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
19 KB, 450x450
>>7090605
I go through about a gallon of this a week in the wintertime.
In the summer if it gets hot enough I'll drink up to that much in a day.

Surprisingly I am underweight and I don't have diabetes (yet).
>>
>>7091427
I'm legitimately asking and this is the only way I really know how to put it but is sweet tea supposed to taste like a shitload of just sugar in liquid form. thats quite literally all I taste every time.
>>
>>7091443
More or less.
Some like a little lemon, some like a little peach, some like the tea to be a bit stronger.
Its a simple recipe and thus easy to change for subtle differences.
>>
>>7091448
>More or less

Ah.. Yeah, sorry but that probably means I just don't like it. Oh well, beggers cant be choosers and all that
>>
>>7091427
>not zero green
come on now
>>
>>7090605
Right now?
Drinking some loose leaf sencha green tea. Will move on to some genmaicha and hojicha once I finish off the sencha.
>>
>>7090606
>Starwest...not Frontier
Yeesh. Git gud.
>>
Who golden milk in here?
2cups coconut milk
1tsp of turmeric
1tsp of ginger
A little black pepper
As the dry to the wet when it gets hot and stir.
Add 1 tbsp raw honey

Motherfucking yum. You whole body will thank you.
>>
>>7093938
where's the tea though
>>
File: B12-KO8CcAAKL1Q.png (235 KB, 555x381) Image search: [Google]
B12-KO8CcAAKL1Q.png
235 KB, 555x381
I have been purchasing from Adagio and Teavana and Twinings loose leaf for quite a while now. I also buy shittons of teabags, cheap or otherwise from various places.

I am pretty pleb even with many taste buds; I think I like the ritualistic aspect of it the most. I don't mind dull flavour, but I'm wondering if I am missing out on a good place, and I probably am. I have been considering Kusmitea as well because I am attracted to those damn adorable tins. Is there any store or brand in particular that you guys would recommend? I am more typically inclined to oolong and tissanes, but I'm easy to please and I'll try just about anything even if it tastes like dirty twig water.

I just recently started adding splashes of milk to things aside from rooibos and chai or spicy blends. It really helps to cancel out the bitterness if I accidentally oversteep, which is all the time. I have a temperature kettle but I pour the water into the teapot and then wander off for too long looking for tea snacks.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.