[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make your grilled cheese a ticket to Flavortown?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: GrilledCheese-jam_large.jpg (67 KB, 480x346) Image search: [Google]
GrilledCheese-jam_large.jpg
67 KB, 480x346
How do you make your grilled cheese a ticket to Flavortown?

I like to add dijon and a little sauerkraut.
>>
Mayonnaise instead of butter, and a splash of LP sauce
>>
>>7088273
>Mayonnaise instead of butter

wot
>>
>>7088266
> GrilledCheese-jam_large.jpg
I've had cold cheese and jam before and I like it, but warmed up sounds weird.

Anyway, I usually add tomatoes to mine. I also like mixing different cheeses.
>>
>>7088266
caramelized onions and tomatoes
>>
Put ketchup on the inside. No need to dip then.
>>
>>7088273
This actually works. Mayo makes a better crust than butter. I tried to tell ck and got called retarded.
>>
>>7088298
I mean it is just oil and egg yolk so I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well
>>
Cranberry sauce
>>
File: 1419406065823.jpg (92 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1419406065823.jpg
92 KB, 497x732
>>7088266
You people make me sick. A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). When you start adding other items to it it becomes a "melt". Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over 4chan and it's been driving me insane. You god damn heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.
>>
>>7088266
I'll put some thin sliced green apples and mix a little mayo and vidalia onion dressing together to make a spread
>>
>>7088331
whoa there, armstrong. don't have a melt... down.
>>
>>7088273
>Mayonnaise instead of butter

I think you misspelled filtered bacon grease anon. Seriously, though. It is much less greasy than butter and leaves the bread crispier.
>>
Velveeta and sliced pickles
>>
File: 1447375692413.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1447375692413.png
75 KB, 348x301
>>7088266
Pickles and onions.

The burger joint I went to had a list of free ingredients you could add to your burgers. The cashier made the mistake of asking me what free ingredients I wanted on my grilled cheese one visit. And the rest is history.
>>
>>7088337
you win the internet for me today good sir! Touche!
>>
sunflower seeds
>>
>>7088331
is this pasta or just an autistic rant?
>>
grilled cheese, nigga please. ham&cheese toast ftw
>>
>>7088535
...Don't mention pasta, or he's flip the fuck out again...
>>
>>7088563
like a...meltdown?
>>
>>7088535
>>7088563
>>7088572

>pasta
>autistic
>meltdown

THAT'S IT. WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS WHOLE TIME. TO MAKE A MELTDOWN SANDWICH BUT WITH PASTA INSIDE. SO AUTISTS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DECIDE BETWEEN PASTA AND A MELTDOWN CAN GET THAT.

thanks.
>>
>>7088572
like... using the same joke? Nah senpai. I ain't about that life.
>>
>>7088690
Senpai is now senpai? Dafuq?
>>
>>7088706
desu senpai I'm gonna kek your senpai with my own senpai you fucking kekold
>>
>>7088714
baka
desu
senpai
kek
>>
desu
senpai
kek
>>
>>7088331
this is a reddit copypasta from /r/grilledcheese
>>
ham or bacon, that's it, you don't need anything else, especially anything that would make it soggy or anything rich.
>>
I like to put bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, and a big hamburger patty in my grilled cheese
>>
>>7089619
Minus the patty and swap the lettuce for spinach, I'd eat this.
>>
Tomatoes
2 types of cheese
Panini Bread
Pesto
Splash of Worcestershire sauce
>>
Tomato chutney
Now that's depth of flavor
Additionally, a little worcestershire splashed over the cheese for dem glutamates
>>
>>7088296
Shit-tier taste. Tomato salsa makes a better grilled cheese.
>>
>>7088535
Pasta from /r/grilledcheese.
>>
Powdered Kraft Parmesan on the outside of the grilled cheese, it crisps up beautifully
Also, velveta American singles melt best
>>
>>7088266

Only ameritards could call something 'grilled' and then cook it in a pan.
>>
Normally ill just butter the pan and pepper it (poorfag atm)

Last night I put garlic salt in the pan, holy shit that was delicious.
>>
The instant you add more than cheese it becomes a melt.
>>
>>7088273
This. Used to work at Five Guys and we used mayo there for grilled cheese. Never stopped using mayo on them since.
Also grilled cheese is pretty good with a hamburger bun.
>>
>>7089921
>what is a plancha
Get fucked foreigner
>>
>>7088266

So.... a reuben basically without the cornedbeef and russian dressing?

How original....
>>
>>7089921
Yuropoor detected.
>>
>>7090739
>basically a 4 ingredient item without two ingredients

Yes. Are you proud of yourself?
>>
>>7090739
It's actually more of a cheeseburger without the meat, or most of the toppings, and the bun is square and not a bun.
>>
>>7088275
You can use mayo on the outside of the bread, instead of butter. The high fat content in mayo makes it fryable. Yes it's disgusting.
>>
>>7090731

Still not a fucking grill you lard 'tard.
>>
File: Grilled Cheese for ants.jpg (11 KB, 223x167) Image search: [Google]
Grilled Cheese for ants.jpg
11 KB, 223x167
>>7088266
>How do you make your grilled cheese a ticket to Flavortown?

I like the Country Grilled Cheese at Royal Oak Brewery, (Michigan) though the apples ought to be sliced thinner;

Fontina and white cheddar cheese, smoked bacon and sliced granny smith apples grilled on fresh french bread. served with a cup of tomato bisque soup.
>>
melt your main cheese inbetween 2 slices of bread with a different cheese fried to the insides

then you eat with a bucket of tomato soup
>>
>>7091758

fuck yes this is pretty much what i was going to post. minus bacon. i don't care for the stuff.
>>
>>7088266
I make it as normal, then rub a Knorr Stock Pot all over the cheese
>>
Kraft singles
>>
I add oregano and sweet paprika to mine, makes it taste like a pizza.

Also if you ever get the chance, combine sharp cheddar with double cream brie that's had the rind cut off.
>>
Using cheddar and mozzarella because I'm a cheese pleb. Fry up some bacon and half an onion in whatever fat renders off.
Heart attack on a plate but it is goddamn delicious.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.