[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made some chicken stock as we had some veggies to use up and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images (25).jpg (19 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
19 KB, 470x313
I made some chicken stock as we had some veggies to use up and I'd stored up some chicken bodies and wing tips. Any ideas on a good way to use it? Im looking for a dish where the flavour of the stock will not be masked too much.
>>
chicken soup, clearly
>>
>>7088114
If it's winter where you are, you could make a soup.
>>
>tfw chicken stock in vegetable soup and vegetarians say it tastes great

(y)
>>
I like to use stock to cook rice.
>>
>>7088122
Summer unfortunately but our place is pretty insulated so its still an option I guess.
>>
>>7088127
Why wouldn't they? You could probably put a bunch of stuff in peoples' food and they wouldn't notice.
>>
If you can freeze it in portions and save some, I used my chicken stock to make a great from-scratch stuffing that I brought to Thanksgiving last year. It involved baking my own bread, cutting it into cubes, seasoning and toasting it to croutons, putting it in a roasting pan with some sausage, sage, cranberries, and some of the stock. Fan fucking tastic.

http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2011/11/sausage-and-sage-stuffing-with-dried-cranberries-and-toasted-hazelnuts/
>>
Make french onion soup
>>
>>7088114
Chicken tikka masala.
>>
Quick question on stock, is using bones from chicken that was not roasted acceptable? I have a carcass from a slow cooked meal I made a week ago, will it affect it that much?
>>
Coq au vin
>>
>>7089360

yes it's completely acceptable. you can always roast the bones. the stock will be less potent but it will still be stock. just don't expect a high yield, use only enough water to barely cover.
>>
>>7089105
That's beef stock
>>
A nice risotto
>>
>>7088114
Is it really good stock?
Reduce it and clarify to make a sauce or amazing soup base. Of course I don't mean just reducing and clarifying stock to make a sauce or soup base, there would be additional steps, but what those steps are depend on what you want to make. Could continue on the path to patricianism and make a consomme.
>>
File: fondantpotato.jpg (261 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fondantpotato.jpg
261 KB, 1600x1200
You might try making fondant potatoes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.