[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When making eggs, is it ok if a few shells get in there? getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg (81 KB, 513x444) Image search: [Google]
Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg
81 KB, 513x444
When making eggs, is it ok if a few shells get in there? getting them out is so difficult, sometimes i just leave them in. They won't hurt me, will they?
>>
nah free Calcium

but they touched a chickens asshole so you should wash them
>>
you should learn to crack eggs properly
>>
Is it better to pepper the eggs right away after cracking or halfway through the cooking process?
>>
>>7087630
Protip use a bit of shell to get out shell fragments
>>
>>7087640

so it wont like hurt my throat or anything? i feel this weird thing in my throat now, like it was scratched or theres something stuck in it. maybe im just paranoid

also if it cooked along with the egg then is it really that dirty? now im worried im contaminated..
>>
>>7087714
It could be syphilis or mouth herpes. Get yourself tested.
>>
>>7087714
this cant be real
everyone can crack an egg
even those people who are terrible at it have their own methods
>>
>>7087654
It doesn't matter. You shouldn't salt the eggs too early before cooking, though.
>>
>>7087630
I don't understand how you'd get any mixed in there since the film covering inside of the egg's shell keeps all the shards attached to the rest of the shell pretty well, but yeah I guess.
>>
>>7087725

I can crack an egg, just a few tiny egg shell fragmants fall into the pan along with the yolk
>>
>>7087733
It happens to me once in a blue moon, and I feel like I cook eggs pretty well.

I just pick it out though. It's not that dramatic.
>>
If you get a shell in your eggs wet your fingers than its easy to pick out
Pepper and salt eggs at the end of cooking so it can't be burned from retardation
>>
>>7087764
then you are unable to successfully crack an egg. something that statistically, close to 100% of human adults can do. you should probably just drown yourself.
>>
>>7087728
You should salt scrambled eggs and leave them for awhile before cooking them. Helps them retain moisture. Look it up. It's science, not folklore.
>>
LOL O MAN EPIC WIN

HILARIOUS OP U RLY MADE US CHUCKLE

WHO WOULD DO DAT???!!!11 XDDDDD
>>
File: fatfuckinglenny.png (419 KB, 606x914) Image search: [Google]
fatfuckinglenny.png
419 KB, 606x914
>>7087630
Egg shell membranes are actually very good for your joints.
>>
>>7087786
>close to 100% of human adults can do

You'd be fucking surprising famille, I've seen some shit in my life...
>>
File: 3003a20.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3003a20.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>7087630
Quit cracking your eggs on a sharp edge or corner. If you crack them on a flat surface, you won't get any bits of shell in your eggs. That's one of the few things I actually learned from this board.
>>
>>7088105
I thought that was aspic
>>
>>7088105
wtf are you talking about? one hard tap on a sharp edge of a bowl always works perfectly for me
>>
>>7088085
Certain eggshells shatter differently, are more brittle and thinner, I've noticed
>>
>>7087796

Im serious. Im actually a hypochondriac and I worry about shit like this. So if Im eating a cooked, sunny side up egg, and theres some pieces of shell in the egg white, its not harmful, right? I have this weird feeling in my throat, but that may just be anxiety. I wouldn't want an egg shell to get stuck in my throat, or scratch it.
>>
bear grylls eats whole raw eggs in the wild, man the fuck up. you need stronger bones anyway if you can't crack an egg properly
>>
>>7088082
OGRE GET YE GONE!
>>
File: 3003a1b.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3003a1b.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>>7088140
Not aspic, frozen chicken noodle soup

>>7088171
Most people do it too hard to where they create a slit instead of a crack. If you're gentle enough to create just a crack, then it's fine.
>>
OP are you smashing your eggs into the pan? How do you manage egg shells in your egg?
>>
use shell to get the shell out cos shell magicaly atracts shell :)
>>
>>7087786
Yeah this also varies when you go from cracking commercial eggs and then try out a backyard egg. Eggs from backyard chickens are FAR more difficult to crack and have much tougher membranes in my experience. I've had the egg crack and the membrane still not punctured.

Pro tip OP: Crack your eggs into small small bowls first and if you get shells in them use a spoon to get them out.
>>
>>7087630
I crush my shells up really fine and eat them in the eggs. good source of calcium.
>>
>>7087654
pepper the eggs in the beginning let the spice infuse. If presenting to someone else don't salt till plating as it will darken and dull the colour.
>>
>>7087714
I bet you're a girl.
>>
>>7087787
It's the exact opposite, you salt at the end, otherwise it breaks down the protein and draws out moisture and they get runny.
>>
>>7091544

no, that's what was commonly believed, but it is actually incorrect. salt lowers the temp at which the eggs coagulate making them easier to overcook but also resulting in a softer gel at low temperatures.
>>
File: jail-kitchen-600.jpg (63 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
jail-kitchen-600.jpg
63 KB, 600x336
A buddy's now deceased older cousin, who was in and out of jail and prison his whole life, said while prison food was pretty good, as the cooks were in there for a long time and took some pride in their work.

Food in country jails on the other hand, was the absolute worst, as nobody was in there for very long and nobody give a single fuck.

He said he _never_ ate the scrambled eggs in jail, as the cooks would simply smash whole eggs, shells and all, into a bowl before frying them up...
>>
Most eggs are pasteurized nowadays, so salmonella is unlikely. Egg shell is just gross. Git gud.
>>
File: 1446911724300.jpg (75 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446911724300.jpg
75 KB, 768x1024
>>7091513
Nah, girls are gross. They resonate with the chicken period and understand it, men are intimidated by it.
>>
File: hawking.jpg (84 KB, 634x541) Image search: [Google]
hawking.jpg
84 KB, 634x541
>>7087786
he can't crack eggs ;_;
>>
>>7091330
bad move, use part of the egg shell to get out cracks, shell sticks to shell.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.