[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good midwestern foods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: mainstreet in flyover country.jpg (174 KB, 1600x815) Image search: [Google]
mainstreet in flyover country.jpg
174 KB, 1600x815
What are some good midwestern foods?
>>
Where are the damned sidewalks? I see a half assed attempt at the top, but fuck...
>>
>>7087292
in mercia we don't need no damn sidewalks cause everyone can afford cars!

>europoors btfo
>>
File: taco-johns.jpg (1016 KB, 2044x1392) Image search: [Google]
taco-johns.jpg
1016 KB, 2044x1392
>>
Considering that OP's picture was taken in Missouri, you should go to KC, Columbia, or St. Louis to actually get good food.

Barbeque in KC, random hipster shit in Columbia, and Italian food in St. Louis.
>>
>>7087301
It's sad but that's actually why lots of cities don't have sidewalks. They were designed in an era where literally everyone could afford a car and gas was really cheap. Nobody walked or even rode a bike anywhere, to walk somewhere was to endure miles and miles of huge ass empty parking lots. Younger people are realising how retarded that plan was because everything is so spread out by wasted parking lot space you are pretty much forced to drive to get anything. Same with the way subdivisions were designed, all the roads force you to enter and exit through one opening, you can't cut through to the store even if you live 100 feet from it you would have to drive a couple miles around to get there.
>>
>>7087280
I live in a chicago suburb and just don't get these threads. There's authentic Indian, Korean, Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, and Vietnamese all within walking distance of my home. More than one option for most of those as well.

Many people move to this suburb as first generation immigrants. We're middle class surrounded by boring upper class so all the culture ends up here. Surprisingly enough, the restaurants are all owned by people of the ethnicity and some, like the Korean Indian and Japanese, have grocery stores attached to them or next door. It's quite nice.

What really sucks is the only bars around here are sport bars and Starbucks. The sports bars are full of old guys and the Starbucks is overpriced and it's just strange to buy beer and wine there. At least they're both less than a mile from my house.
>>
>>7087365

Chicago =/ "Midwest"
>>
>>7087365
It's just shitposting. Pretty sure the license plates in OP say Mississippi, anyway. And honestly you can find strips that look like that in every state of the country.
>>
File: skyline.jpg (58 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
skyline.jpg
58 KB, 640x430
>>
>>7087384
Chicago is definitely part of the Midwest.

Midwest = Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota

If you're not bordering a great lakes state, you're not part of the Midwest. Parts of Pennsylvania and even New York state are culturally part of the Midwest.
>>
>>7087303

U N D E R A T E D P O S T
>>
Why are flyovers so easily triggered?
>>
>>7087518
The posts aren't even mad sounding. This post sounds like damage control from someone who has nothing better in their life than trying to shit on paces he's never been to and knows nothing about. I'm posting this shit post because I'm drunk and already finished all my college work and my part time job for the day. At least put in some effort or something. Your post has been posted word for word far too many times. Gimme da effort.
>>
File: roast-beef-sandwich-close-up.jpg (23 KB, 190x142) Image search: [Google]
roast-beef-sandwich-close-up.jpg
23 KB, 190x142
I recommend egg rolls, General Tso's chicken, an Lo Mein. Avoid the fortune cookies.
>>
>>7087280
Hey that's Noland Road in Independence, MO!
>>
Kansas city fag here.
We have the best barbeque. Meat is tender but still charred the outside and copious, I mean extreme amounts of bbq sauce.

Bbq is about the only thing we've got going for us, anything else I would consider American food in general
>>
>>7087616
OH MY SWEET FUCK IT IS I AM 5 MINUTES FROM THERE

This does not surprise me at all.
>>
File: 26hg.jpg (18 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
26hg.jpg
18 KB, 500x323
>>7087619
>>
>>7087292
It's a horrible place called a suburb
It's where they only use cars and space everything inconveniently far away from you
>>
>>7087636
suburbs are great. I Was actually just thinking about this on the way home, I feel kinda bad for europeans that they have to live so crammed together with others, no open public spaces to enjoy

the suburb is awesome because you get the community benefits of a neighborhood but are far enough away from your neighbors that you don't have to see or hear them when you don't want to.
>>
Kansas City BBQ
>>
>>7087334
There are other reasons too. Sidewalks are expensive and most people will fight any move to have them installed. For good reason too... The average person out Walking or riding a bike is either a kid, some derelict fuckhead that has a license because DUI, middle age twat out shitting her dog and trying to tone those cottage cheese legs, or asshole kids. None of these groups bring a lot of revenue to the businesses, and in residential areas the just bring nogs, bus riders, dog shit around your mailbox, or idiot kids you have to worry about running over on your way to and from your house.

It's the same with bus stops. It just delivers shit to your neighborhood that you specifically paid extra to avoid when you bought your house.
>>
I had a below par lasagna once on a NY-LA flight. Does that count?
>>
>>7087761
true fact: the person who designed the parkway to get to the beach here specifically made it with low clearance arches to stop black people from getting to the beach because they would more than likely have to take a bus instead of drive themselves.
>>
>>7087636
>It's a horrible place called a suburb
What the fuck place are you from that the suburbs don't have sidewalks?
>>
>>7087738
Suburbs suck for single people in their 20s, but if you are a halfway decent person you better fucking move there once you have school aged kids, its pretty much negligent to raise kids in an urban area
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.