[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is your food assholes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 516x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 516x516
This is your food assholes.
>>
>>7086748
So where is the study

Also why is the farmer in a stupid suit
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1060x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1060x1000
This is in your food assholes.

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/11/06/first-review-of-secret-monsanto-studies-shows-glyphosate-cancer-cover-up/#.Vkuxst1OKrX
>>
>>7086752
The farmer is in the stupid suit to protect himself from Monsanto carcinogenic pesticides.
>>
>TEN MILLION ENTIRE DOLLARS
>WHY WOULDN'T MONSANTO TAKE THE BET?!

Probably because they wipe their asses with more money than that.
>>
>>7086759
They are chickenshit.
>>
>>7086769
I'm sure Dr. Ayylmao put money in his piggy bank every single day for a really, really long time, but it's still not enough money to justify humoring him.
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 775x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 775x667
>>7086791
They will lie their way out of this just like every other lie they have been telling the world. They will try to buy Syngenta again to change their name and hide overseas and not pay taxes here.
Then again Europe isn't putting up with their bullshit.
>>
>>7086754

>Delaware

302 AHAAT!!!
>>
>>7087031
This is now a 302 food thread, where you fuckers like to eat and drink? I like getting drunk in Newark mostly
>>
>>7086861
>Switzerland plants GMO
>U gon get raped
>>
>>7086748
lol gmos are natural, your study is irrelevant

also nice source nerd
>>
>2015
>still afraid of the GMO boogeyman

shig
>>
>>7087087
GMOs natural? You are a true fucktard. You must work for Monsanto saying that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 866x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 866x960
>>
Monsanto has a policy. They don't want to be confused with facts.
>>
>>7087155
no man humans have been genetically modifying crops for thousands of years

you're the fucktard here
>>
>>7087155
>BAWWW I WANT ROTTEN VEGGIES MOMMIE
>>
>>7087164
>organic
>big as shit vegetables

Pick one
>>
>>7087209
You're confused if you think breeding is the same as the genetic modification done in labs. Also modern crops have been bred in such a way that they're lacking in nutrients compared to their wild counterparts. Just look it up if you don't believe me. Modern crops are bred for size, color, and pest resistance, not nutrition.

Both kinds of modification have bad results. Not to mention 30 some percent of crops don't even make it to the store because of cosmetic issues. Then half of wasted produce is good food that people let go rotten in their own fridges.

We have a surplus of food, and a bunch of idiots wasting money tossing out good food. Why the fuck do we need gmos?
>>
>>7087250
its the same thing except one is done in a lab and the other uses pundt squares

fucking loser

Oh, and to answer your question seriously; we need GMOs because Monsanto wills it.
>>
>>7087268
Now I know you're just full of shit. Stop leaking it everywhere.
>>
>>7087275
eat some gmos faggot

patents are good for your health and your food
>>
File: Tomnook_tax_evasion.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tomnook_tax_evasion.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
This is your food, assholes.
>>
>>7086748

>peer reviewed

You mean, "My liberal university colleagues looked at my anti-gmo study and gave it good reviews."
>>
>>7087324

What does racoon taste like?

I'd imagine it would be greasy, they tend to have poor diets.
>>
File: meatprocessing.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
meatprocessing.webm
2 MB, 640x360
This is your food, aasholes.
>>
>>7087335
Nigga doesn't realize that the peer reviewers are not known to the person who wrote it. I'm pretty sure that the reviewer can't personally now the person who wrote it either
>>
>>7087324
Fucking EU fags
>>
>>7087340
>implying this isn't fucking awesome

Fucking robo-food man
>>
cooking pork tomorrow, slow roast, gonna be so good
>>
>>7087340
Is there absolutely anything wrong with that besides putting a few butchers out of work?
>>
>>7087368

Man fuck industrial meat processing.

I love my local butcher, he's a huge autist for good meat and always picks up the real pick of the litter for beef and lamb. I love being able to choose the thickness of my steaks and he always gives me good recommendations for beer.
>>
>>7087340
That's actually pretty cool.
The amount of engineering that must go into a production like that is mind blowing.

Plus robots won't have dirty piss & shit covered hands that Pablo Juarez would have if it were humans working in that factory.
>>
>>7087340
Holy fuck that's amazing.

Too bad I buy my meat from local farmers in the middle of Illinois. I think I might of ran into my pig supplier on /an/ even. The cow guy I know is a boss and names all his cows for his own autistic reasons. It's pretty cute. Neither of them do their own slaughtering so I don't know how that goes. My meats pretty guilt free.
>>
>>7087164
"Organic" doesn't even mean anything.
>>
>>7086748
10 million would not even cover the costs of organizing a study large enough to definitively prove one was other if GMOs are harmful or not. But to specially disprove the claim they accumulate formaldehyde because of them being GMO would not even take a study. They're not magical they're not making the stuff.
>>
>>7086748
>GMO's (with an ' because why the fuck not) produce formaldehyde
>naturally occurring plants apparently don't

maybe DR. Ayyadurai should poo in the loo and leave research to competent people
>>
>>7087444
trips of truth to be frank, familia
>>
>>7087382
>Robots can't cut meat at different thickness
>>
>>7087482
nigger don't even start with these autists, we literally had literally the same "discussion" literally 10 hours ago.
>>
>>7087482
I think what anon is saying is that he likes shooting the shit with his butcher rather than going to the supermarket (or even right next to meat area) and grabbing some pre-packaged shit thats for introverts who dont know how to communicate to the delicatessen man
>>
just ignore the anti-gmo nuts

we are winning this war, their misinformation isn't going to change the minds of anybody important
>>
>>7087087
computers are natural because humans made them, humans are natural, and the things that natural creatures do/create are natural
>>
>>7087164
>organic vegetables
>not bitter as shit
pick one
>>
> vague claims
> no citations
> no links
> stock images

I'd tell you to gb2 /pol/, but I don't want you to ruin an otherwise good board.
>>
>>7087324
that's fucking brutal holy shit
i can feel my skin being pulled off and then having no skin
>>
>>7087346

>he believes this

If I knew you well enough, I'd be able to know you're writing style.

>inb4 "dummy they aren't hand written"

You know what I mean, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>7087087
So more pesticide in our food is also natural?

Because a gmo plant produces its own pesticide and is tolerant to pesticide.
>>
>>7087800
If you're so sensitive to bitterness you literally have the taste buds of a child. Antioxidants are bitter. That's why they've been accidentally bred out of factory farmed fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>7087805
Google is right there. If you're in college, the online library is right there. Wtf are you bitching about?
>>
>>7087209
>>7087250
Also modern crops like fruits (bananas, apples, etc) are selectively bred to be more sweeter. And as you all know, too much sugar = many diseases and lead up to cancer.

So is genetically modified food any worse?
>>
>GMOs accumulate formaldehyde
This doesn't even make sense. How does he propose this even occurs?
>>
>>7086861
Why do europeans allow scaremongering and organic food corporations decide their science policies instead of actual scientists? No wonder almost all of the worlds best universities are in america
>>
>>7087250
We need GMOs because a lot of our crops will succumb to disease. This is because we plant cultivars and they are all genetically identical. They will not be able to fight a new disease that appears (virus mutates alll the time). Bananas are one good example. Just look up the history of the Gros Michel banana. GMO banana will eventually be the only banana available in mass produce.
>>
>>7087155
>GMOs natural?
Natural is a meaningless words. GMOs are no more or less natural than any other crop or livestock we eat
>>
I buy my veggies from the local farmers market since I'm not literal human dirt
>>
>>7087324
Brutal, fuckin Chinese man. I love it.

>>7087340
Efficient; fast; precise. Edible/10.
>>
>>7087903
That's so dumb. Continued use of plants that aren't environmentally robust will just continue the cycle. Breeding wild cultivars and having genetic vareience will produce robust crops. Like I said earlier, current factory factory farming practices produce tons of waste and fruit devoid of nutrition.
>>
>>7087904
But natural selection is different than the gene replacement done in labs. Both can easily be bad for the nutrition of humans. There is no argument here.
>>
>>7087942
>But natural selection is different than the gene replacement done in labs
Sure its a different process, but neither are "natural"

Its like comparing starting a fire with a bow to starting one with a match, but fires are the result of human intervention (so not natural) and the fires are not qualitatively different
>>
>>7087936
You're missing the fact that some plants we grow as crops are sterile cultivars. And producing a robust variety that is resistant to disease and other environmental factors AND has desired traits (like taste, seedlessness, productive value, appeal) are very difficult to find in one variety. This is where GMO can help greatly.
And with bananas, trying to produce that right variety from wild sterile bananas is VERY difficult. The ones we eat are just happenstance mutations that happened over thousands of years. But disease is catching up to these bananas.
>>
>>7087838
>I'M NOT GOING TO EDUCATE YOU

Ironic, considering doing actual research would only solidify the stance against you.
>>
>>7086748
not all gmos will, it's a wide spectrum what counts as gmo but I could see many varieties doing weird shit like that
>>
>>7087164
>organic
>still covered with pesticides and filled with them due to such regular usage that even the soil is fucked
yeah, no
>>
why are gmo animals not a thing yet. It's not like animals for food production are shown any ounce of care so why not just let there be experimentation already.
>>
>>7088498
Because GMO's are treated the same way as new pesticides/hormones in America; they need to get FDA approval.

So, they do produce GMO stocks of domesticated animals, but need more time to get them to market and through trials.

Also, what I always found fun in this entire deal was

>Live in a country that bans GMOs
>Imports organic produce
>Prices in the domestic market are shooting up in these countries
>Organic food companies are literally making poor people poorer in developing nations by raising the price of food for them while very few are actually profiting off the agriculture
>>
>>7086759

Monsanto owns an entire food based monopoly in the high trillions

Why is this >designated bidding so low?
>>
>>7087340
They should design slaughterhouses like this.
The animals is positioned and has its head scanned and a helmet comes down and bolts the brain repeatedly until it's pulse stops.

You could turn all slaughterhouses into something humane, clean, safe AND you could join the butcher machine to the slaughter machine and attach that to a packing machine.

It would be a win for everyone. Beats the fuck our of some retard using a single bolt (or completely foregoing it) and only making the animal logie, stringing it up, bleeding it out and throwing his back out or getting kicked in the face.
>>
>>7087403
Yes, the earth is organic. It is naturally organic. Humans are naturally organic.

Synthetic chemicals are inorganic. It's just that simple. If you want to argue go drink your "natural" engine oil first and tell me it's organic. Stupid. Organic means what natural means but in the United States..... The word natural is not regulated but organic certification is.
>>
File: image.jpg (876 KB, 800x4200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
876 KB, 800x4200
Meet your oppressors.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3434x2959) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3434x2959
If you connect the dots with famalies, monopolies, and taxation.... You get this.... Below is the representation of how and why the United States food supply is raped unknowingly by most, via one hand greasing the other!

>Monsanto employees are directly drafted into US government positions. It's disgusting and will ultimately lead to the worlds worst condition considering TPP, monsantos efforts(GMO's,lawsuit dodging, propaganda, monopoly) and the funding from governments like the United States.

Fuck the FDA, EPA, and the rest of em. Bayer, Pfizer, DuPont, BP, EXXON, and all the other media pushing these businesses on humanity. I wish they would fall out of power and be stoned to death honestly.
>>
>>7086748

A scientist asking anyone to 'prove' a negative is retarded. He didn't make that offer, no evidence he did.

Though, study looks interesting, good reading material for work tomorrow. But. From what I've seen (the title and some graphs) his study only measured this in soy, likely vs nonGMO soy, nlah blah blah.

Anyway. Important shit. It's known that formeldehyde occurs naturally already in tons of foods (produce and meat), at some high levels too. Also it can be mostly cooked out with safe cookig temps. Also it's water godammed soluble.

Basically this turd burglar has found evidence for a problem that will scare a bunch of people for no reason. Granted, possibly not his fault but whatever media outlet started humping the study themselves.

In summation, I huess, great b8. Really. I replied like hell, tired. Delicious GMO food dreams.
>>
>>7087041
>Delaware
My nigga. Ever been to immediatto's?
>>
>>7089305
Also Helen's. I'm going there today to get their porkchop its fucking heart attack teir but so good
>>
>>7087368
As a butcher, fuck you.

But goddamn, it is really fucking cool.
>>
File: 12lensflaresstudy.jpg (315 KB, 709x647) Image search: [Google]
12lensflaresstudy.jpg
315 KB, 709x647
Here's your moon assholes
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.