[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Next Big Thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: photo2.jpg (285 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
photo2.jpg
285 KB, 540x540
What will be the next hype food like craft beer, third wave coffee or fancy burgers?
>>
$15 hotdogs
>>
Mead. It's not just for SCA losers anymore!
>>
>>7086119
You can already do that at every major sporting event
>>
Maybe we will see a return to older European recipes mixed with one or two modern ingredients (and probably some kind of meat to traditionally non meat dishes) to give it a taste that would be familiar to most.

Restaurants would market it as a rustic return to the food that sustained our ancestors for years. They'd probably also claim how its super healthy for and tastes amazing because it relies on the foods and spices that people had on hand so they had to make their food taste good or they'd just be eating slop

They would also sell this food in small portions for large amounts of money and claim that it takes years or training and expertise to make peasant food.
>>
File: 19_sotwgreenpoint_lg.jpg (48 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
19_sotwgreenpoint_lg.jpg
48 KB, 560x375
Seems to be that when a country takes off economically there's a global fad for its food and culture. Vietnam is probably next in line.
>>
>>7086144
but all the fads mentioned by the OP are driven by the USA.
>>
>>7086115
Please answer this question honestly: WHO FUCKING CARES?!

Why do you care what the next fad will be? Are you trying to get ahead of it, so you can pretend to be more advanced than people who jump on the bandwagon after you do?

Whether you were first or last to embrace the latest fad, you are still a fucking zombie who cannot think for yourself, and relies on /ck/ of all places, to tell you what to like, before other people (faggots) like it!

Absolutely fucking pathetic.
>>
>>7086115
Craft beer is staying, good burgers are staying, and Mexican food is the next thing to be everywhere at a decent quality.
>>
>>7086266
>Why do you care what the next fad will be? Are you trying to get ahead of it, so you can pretend to be more advanced than people who jump on the bandwagon after you do?

Yes, of course.
>>
>>7086266
What if they are just looking to earn a few extra shekels from the dirty goyim?
>>
>>7086266
>Are you trying to get ahead of it, so you can pretend to be more advanced than people who jump on the bandwagon after you do?

This and also i want to get so good at it that by the time the mainstream catches on i will be already burned-out and over that shit, that patrician life
>>
File: 1432259439288.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432259439288.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>7086266
>>
>>7086115
I think gourmet pizza is going to pick up (again)

>>7086121
As long as it's done well, I am perfectly ok with mead being the next craze. It has been popping up at the craft brewers around here, and I guess the sales are alright, because they're doing weird shit with it like juniper mead and bochet (which I guarantee at least one the breweries fucked up and bottled anyway).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.