[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cholesterol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: egg-yolk.jpg (8 KB, 350x304) Image search: [Google]
egg-yolk.jpg
8 KB, 350x304
How many eggs are safe to eat per day if you're trying to lower your cholesterol? I've searched around online but I see several contradicting views on the matter.

In February the gubmint said cholesterol from food isn't as bad as they previously had thought, is that true?

For now I've limited myself to 1 egg a day, 3 days a week max because my LDL is slightly higher than normal (135, should be under 130 doc says)

Anyone else watching cholesterol?
>>
>>7083134
>cholesterol
>eggs
1994 all over again
>>
My doc said egg cholesterol is beneficial and I can have four a day
>>
>>7083134
Eat as many as you wish.
Perfectly safe.
>>
I weight close to 300 lbs and have zero problems with cholesterol. wtf are you doing wrong?
>>
Eat as many as you like
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/dietary-cholesterol-important-idm-4-2/
>>
>>7083134
If it's one of your only sources then I think you could eat a lot and be fine. Granted I'm the furthest thing from a nutritionist. so don't even take me seriously. I love eggs and go stretches where I'll have at least 2 daily and I'm a fairly healthy person.
>>
>>7083169
Over 80% of the cholesterol is made by our livers anyway and dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol.
Besides cholesterol isn't some bogeyman and doesn't cause cardiovascular disease. It's a much more complicated issue than that. The most important factor from what I have read are blood triglycerides, of course also LDL and HDL ratios along with particle size which is measured by apolipoproteins.
>>
Eating cholesterol heavy foods will spike blood cholesterol levels a bit but will quickly return to normal levels. Saturated fats will raise your levels a bit, as well, but excess consumption of sugar is much worse. If you're really worried about direct cholesterol ingestion, you can use less whole eggs and more egg whites.

>>7083158
Hypercholesterolemia has a strong genetic component. Also, just because your lipid levels are fine now doesn't mean that will always be the case.
>>
>actually falling for the cholesterol lie

good goy
>>
>>7083179
Eating more egg white is bad if you are trying to eat healthy. It's just pure protein which your liver just grinds into glucose and spikes up your insulin levels and leads to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. Fat and fiber dampen the insulin response.
This whole idea is just fucked anyway. Humans have been eating real food like eggs, meat, vegetables, roots and so forth for thousands of years.
Then humans start to eat processed shit like white flour, pasta, sugar, processed lunch meats and the like and start to get heart attacks, obesity, diabetes and other diseases.
The conclusion? It was the eggs. lol at this stupidity. It's not even backed by science.
Blaming new diseases on prehistoric food
>>
About 100g of oats is a good amount of eggs per day to lower cholesterol
>>
>>7083199
They want to keep us sick so they can sell us the medicine to keep us alive but not get healthy
>>
>>7083187
I'm not saying you're wrong, but pre-modern humans should not be held up as models of health and nutrition. The reason that so few of them had the "diseases of affluence" was because the diagnostic standards were much poorer and people usually died of communicable diseases and infection before the cancer, heart disease and diabetes got to them.
>>
>>7083179
Yeah, cholesterol problems run rampant on my dads side of the family.

I've been eating a lot more fibrous foods, like vegetables and fruits. I've also switched to fish for most of my meat consumption.
>>
>>7083187
Look guise, I found the paleo!
>>
I eat a dozen a week
>>
>>7083187
>protein turns to glucose in your body

Please don't tell me that you actually believe this shit.
>>
>>7083187
>le protein and insulin are bad meme

shoo shoo gains goblin
>>
Dietary cholesterol intake =/= blood levels of cholesterol
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.