[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently world's best pan. I was searching for a cast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 32423143211.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
32423143211.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
So apparently world's best pan.

I was searching for a cast iron cookware in a store and my eyes stumbled upon this big black and very heavy pan.
Apparently it's some kind of cast aluminium with 7 different layers that heats up like a motherfucker even before putting it on the stove.

The saleswoman told me top chefs from embassies in my country came to her to thank her because she was the sole importer of AMT cookware.

Also the german team on the cooking olympics uses them. So supposedly they are the greatest piece of cookware ever created
but you would not think that based on the information you can (or rather can't - there isn't any) find online.

So.... any experiences? Should I go for it?
>>
File: amt pans.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
amt pans.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
>>7083113
The name is AMT I forgot to mention
>>
Looks pretty similar to ScanPan. I generally only buy cheap nonstick cookware, since you're just going to be throwing it out in a year or 2 no matter how tough it claims to be. Save the big money for something that's going to last a lifetime.
>>
>>7083178
The saleswoman told me it has 25 year warranty.
>>
File: 71WOE8hHiPL._SL1500_.jpg (74 KB, 1500x731) Image search: [Google]
71WOE8hHiPL._SL1500_.jpg
74 KB, 1500x731
>>7083178

>you're just going to be throwing it out in a year or 2 no matter how tough it claims to be

What the fuck are you talking about?

Maybe you just need to learn to take care of your shit?

I've been using the same Analon pan pretty much every day for almost a decade now and it doesn't have a scratch on it.
>>
>>7083113

it's OK, nothing really special, hard to fuck up a metal plate you stick on a fire after all

any users in public are sponsored, they are paid to use them.
>>
is there anything superior to scanpans in terms of cleanliness from harmful chemicals, coatings but also good inherent non-stickiness?
>>
this sounds like a load of total marketing bullshit.

just go with all-clad stainless steel.
>>
>>7083941
Carbon steel pans, well seasoned they are pretty much "non stick".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suTmUX4Vbk
>>
>>7084081
OPsdescription sounds exactly like All-clad's description bro: ferrous pan with many aluminum layers inside.
>>
>>7083137
Can you stick dem handles in the oven? If not it's pretty much useless.
>>
>>7083113

Never heard about them so I searched in Google. Results are a bit confusing, 5+ year old posts in German cooking forums say they're indeed the greatest pans ever, newer ones aren't that enthusiastic. There's a rumour of production quality going down and in a test they came in at 9 out of 17 pans with a good overall rating. Not a bad result but world's best, I guess not.
>>
>>7085913
The woman from the store said no but on their site it says its safe till 200 C
>>
>>7083113
Are you fucking advertising for this shit?
>>
>>7086103
Can you link me to that test you wrote about?
>>
>>7086337
Then they're crap.
>>
>>7086337
>can't outperform a seasoned cast iron pan

Intothetrashitgoes.jpg
>>
>>7083113
>Apparently it's some kind of cast aluminium
Already off to a bad start. Aluminum heats up quickly, but its heat retention is abysmal. That has it's uses, but they're essentially doing the equivalent of claiming a Smart Car is objectively better than a pickup because of its fuel efficiency. That's not even getting into the fact that the cheapest, shittiest teflon aluminum pan has essentially the same properties
>7 different layers
Marketing bullshit. Layers only matter when you vary up the materials, and this appears to be all aluminum
>The saleswoman told me top chefs from embassies in my country came to her to thank her because she was the sole importer of AMT cookware.
This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd expect a dishonest salesperson to say
>Also the german team on the cooking olympics uses them
Literally never heard of this. I suspect she only mentioned it because "Olympics" sounds impressive.
>>
>>7086974
Forgot to add:
Don't buy expensive meme pans, senpai. It's a fucking slab of metal you stick in fire. This thing can't do anything the cheapest, shittiest coated aluminum pan can do, and it does considerably less than a $15 cast iron skillet. If you're going to be blowing loads of money on kitchen gear, at least make it a fancy chef's knife, or better yet something that will actually make your food taste better or do things you can't already do instead of doing the same job slightly better.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.