[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quiche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
So I'm gonna be making a quiche (or 2) tonight for supper. Any ideas about what I should put in it?

I'm probably gonna fry up some bacon and chop it up, and saute an onion and some bell peppers to throw in too. But I was wondering what other things you guys like to put in your quiches? I have some chorizo and some breakfast sausage I could do as well. I have different types of cheeses also.

So, quiche ideas go!
>>
Oh an of course I'll be posting pics of the final products. Probably not during the assembly because I don't like to take the time to do that but I'll show it in the oven and what it looks like after they're out.
>>
Only thing I'd add to that list is spinach
>>
Emmental, cheddar, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms. Honestly, you can put just about any savory ingredient in a quiche and it'll work.
>>
>>7083044
>>7083048
Not a bad idea, i could wilt some spinach and chop it up and throw it on or both of them.

Also, thanks for reminding me. I do have some mushrooms in the fridge I want to use up so I'll probably saute those with the onions and peppers and put them in as well.
>>
>>7083018

So you prefer your scrambled eggs with a crust and triangular pie shaped?
>>
>>7083018
>Any ideas about what I should put in it?
Knorr® Chicken Stock Pot™
>>
>>7083103
Well now we know the kids are home from school at this hour.
>>
>>7083111

OK. But seriously, it looks like a scrambled egg pie.
>>
>>7083120
Shouldn't you be microwaving your chef boyardee for your after school snack?
>>
Onion quiche is my absolute favorite
>>
>>7083135

Same joke twice, you're so witty.

Anyway I said "seriously", so the rules of the Internet say you gotta tell me about your scrambled egg pie.
>>
>>7083154
Truth hurts eh?
>>
>>7083160

I've been done since before noon with my classes.

Yes, apparently the truth does hurt you seem quite buttblasted when I identified you like scrambled egg pies.
>>
File: 20151117_171017.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151117_171017.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Ok i lied here is everything prepped ready to cook
>>
>>7083437

Where's the EGGS!

Can't make scrambled egg pies without them.
>>
>>7083154
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiche

It's closer to custard than scrambled eggs.
>>
>>7083018
Sounds like you are just forcing an amateur omelette to be a pretend quiche. Read up on quiche. Light, custard textured pie with subtle hints of complimentary ingredients... Not greasy meme sausage, 3 servings of vegetables (fried), MoAr cheeze. Next thing you know you're reaching for the hot sauce.
>>
>>7083527
Damn. It's almost like he can cook whatever he wants... Isn't that the beauty of making something and not sitting there shitposting?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 337x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 337x272
Broccoli, Zucchini, tomato, cottage cheese and some chilli flakes maaaaaah niggeeer

Also if you're after a nice crunch on top without over cooking your cheese, spread a thin layer of bread crumbs..
>>
Sorry no pics of cooking everything but it's just basic sauteing and caramelizing. I have everything cooked and the bacon and chorizo in one bowl and the onions, peppers, jalapenos, and mushrooms in another. Quiche will be in the oven cooking soon.

>>7083587
I LOVE broccoli but don't have any on hand, and I'm not a huge fan of zucchini. I never actually thought to top the egg mixture with cheese or crumbs before. Hmmm.... Maybe I'll grate some cheese on top of one and see how I like it? I'd assume you would grate the cheese on top close to the end of cooking so it doesn't burn.
>>
broccoli is excellent in quiche
>>
File: 20151117_190731.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151117_190731.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
In the oven. About 40 mins to go. Gonna top with some parm I grated a few mins ago.
>>
Missed the boat on this one but I like the acidity tomatoes give a quiché.
>>
broccoli / goat cheese
or
broccoli / salmon
or
zucchini / goat cheese
>>
I buy a really good quiche from a deli out here that has onions, feta and tomatoes in it
>>
File: 20151117_195234.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151117_195234.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Put of the oven. Just letting it cool down a bit. The parm was sprinkled on before I turned it off. I'll post a cut shot in a lil.
>>
>>7083641
Based. Add some Portabellas or Hen of the woods and you're in bidness
>>
>>7083887
Looks good.

I fucking love quiche.
>>
>>7083887
Not deep enough :(
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.