[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we ever talk about gins, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 269x187
Why don't we ever talk about gins, /ck/?
>>
>>7082849
Because gin tastes like drinking a pine tree.
>>
>>7082854

what, you hate Christmas?
>>
File: Napue-IWSC.jpg (134 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
Napue-IWSC.jpg
134 KB, 600x469
Just a reminder that the world's best gin is Finnish
>>
>>7082857
I enjoy Christmas. I dislike drinking pine trees.
>>
File: ginto.jpg (9 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
ginto.jpg
9 KB, 259x195
>>7082849
My favourite alcohol !

Gin (preferably Hendricks) thin slices of cucumber, black pepper and tonic is the real shit
>>
File: martini-madness-bg.jpg (11 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
martini-madness-bg.jpg
11 KB, 250x326
damn I like gin on the side with beer or a martini or a gimatomic

stuff can get you in to trouble but it's soooo yummy
>>
File: The-Botanist-Gin-Bottle.jpg (33 KB, 400x822) Image search: [Google]
The-Botanist-Gin-Bottle.jpg
33 KB, 400x822
>>7082849
I currently have two bottles of gin opened. Here is the first. Its a Scottish (Islay) gin.
>>
>>7082849
I'm feeling supersonic......
>>
>>7082873

I've been dying to try that Botanist gin, damn. Is it like you would imagine? Scotchy? Ginny?
>>
>>7082868
I've never tried it with black pepper?! How the hell does that mix?
>>
File: Monkey-47.png (36 KB, 745x483) Image search: [Google]
Monkey-47.png
36 KB, 745x483
>>7082873
And the second is Monkey 47.

Both are excellent gins. Typically drink martini or gimlet. However it isnt really the season for gin right now.
>>
File: tanqueray.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tanqueray.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>7082849

here's the stuff
extra dry martini time!
>>
File: negroni master.jpg (6 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
negroni master.jpg
6 KB, 197x255
Negroni master race reporting
>>
>>7082876
give me scotch n soda

.......oh shit
>>
>>7082849
do love g n t in summer............really love bombay sapphire but not sure its optimum for gnt...........been meaning to try others out.........any recommendations?
>>
>>7082879
Im no expert on the subject, but Id probably say its quite a complex gin, with a long finish. Plenty of the cheap gins leave no flavour after you swallow it, but this lingers for a while. They have a new designed bottle to look out for, but I would really suggest buying it.
>>
>>7082883
Better than you'd think. Gin is one of the most savory of all spirits. The only one moreso I can think of is rhum agricole blanc. Stuff can almost smell like chicken stock if you're really paying close attention.
>>
>>7082890
I tried this, and it wasnt at all what I was expecting. I guess I thought it was going to be sweet, just because of the colour of the Campari. I didnt realise it was so bitter and herbal.

I enjoyed it, but Id proably have to have another 2 or 3 to really make my mind up.
>>
>>7082890

Why don't you just write "I SUCK DICKS" on your forehead with a sharpie. Negroni, you faggot niggeroni.
>>
>>7082914
>>7082916

I would suck dicks 24/7 if cum tasted like Campari. Try it a few times and an Americano and it'll get you one day.
>>
>>7082890
>go meet up with friends for drinks
>loud bar
>order a Negroni
>Bartender is black

>Curb your enthusiasm theme starts playing
>>
>>7082896
Idk man, try the usuals like Tanqueray, Beefeater, Bombay (not sapphire), and then try some Plymouth and Old Tom gin and then like modern ones such as Hendrick's
>>
Gin is shit unless your mixing it, in which case it is pretty good. Most of the alcohol threads on here are for alchys though, and a lot of us just drink shit straight which I believe is why we don't talk about gin.
>>
>>7082927
>Larry David yelling about how maybe they should've changed the name when slavery was outlawed and maybe it wouldn't be awkward ffs
>>
Doctor Pepper and gin is a great drink in the morning
>>
>>7082931

Alcohol is discussed on this board to the same extent that all the fucking pizza threads represent actually fine cooking.
>>
why don't any bars carry hendricks? the objectively best gin

I have come across it maybe twice
>>
>>7083030
Most bars I've been to have it, except a few really trashy dive bars. It's one of the most common gins.

Where do you live?
>>
>>7083030
go to better bars
>>
>>7083035
new york, which is why its weird. This is supposed to be a drinking town isn't it?
they all just have shit "premium" spirits like smirnoff and bacardi, like they only care about what highschool girls are drinking
>>
>>7083070
Sounds like you're going to college bars

I live in Columbia so it's a rare sight to see anything other than Gordons or Tanqueray
>>
>>7083070
Yeah I live in NY too, what the other guy said sounds like a good theory. You're going to dive bars. Even a lot of dive bars have Hendricks so you must be going to some really scummy places.
>>
>>7082927
I've had this happen to me. It's just the usual thing I order when I can't be assed to look at the menu offering quirky and original drinks. I guess I should look at the skin colour of the bartender before ordering.
Or not.
>>
>>7083553
>how would you like your coffee?
>uhh.. b-bl... p-plain
>*black deli lady gives you the evil eye*
>>
>“When I have neither pleasure nor pain and have been breathing for a while the lukewarm insipid air of these so called good and tolerable days, I feel so bad in my childish soul that I smash my moldering lyre of thanksgiving in the face of the slumbering god of contentment and would rather feel the very devil burn in me than this warmth of a well-heated room. A wild longing for strong emotions and sensations seethes in me, a rage against this toneless, flat, normal and sterile life. I have a mad impulse to smash something, a warehouse, perhaps, or a cathedral, or myself, to commit outrages, to pull off the wigs of a few revered idols...”

literally me whenever I drink gin
>>
File: boodlesginbottle.jpg (619 KB, 2028x3476) Image search: [Google]
boodlesginbottle.jpg
619 KB, 2028x3476
Make room!
Best GIN reporting in!
>>
because it's hard to build an aromatic basket into your still.
>>
What's the difference between an old tom gin and regular dry gin?
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 567x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 567x850
>>7082849
I would drink gin more, but I always end up blacking out. Don't even notice it coming either, anyone else experience this? I can know when I've had enough with other booze and can stop myself, but holy fuck gin is sneaky as fuck
>>
File: 2014-10-14-02-23-35.png (2 MB, 1032x1628) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-14-02-23-35.png
2 MB, 1032x1628
>>7082870
>mother drinks a bunch of gin and tonic last new years and gets blasted
>keeps wondering out into the kitchen with the empty glass
>"anonnnn will you make me another one"
>fill it with just tonic water and throw a lime in it
>comes back at least 6 times before passing out
>>
>>7084166
It seems like it's the opposite with me. Plus usually my hangover isn't as bad.

But give me rum and I'll fucking be fighting a random stranger in front of my house in the street naked
>>
>>7084212

There's no product in a particular alcohol that makes this happen. It's pure ETOH that matters. Some booze has ethyl acetate or some aldehydes in them at different amounts but that should effect mood really.
>>
>>7084221
But the tonic water I think keeps the worst of a drunken episode at bay by it mostly being water.
>>
>>7084227

Yeah if you simultaneously dehydrate and hit your brain with ethanol you'll probably get out of context reactions.
>>
File: 1685028f.jpg (20 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
1685028f.jpg
20 KB, 220x293
>>7084227

It also alleviates the swamp sickness
>>
>>7084248

It does wonders for poor man's gout, and scrofula.
>>
>buy gin
>drink like 1/3 of a handle of gin on my like third time drinking ever and hated the taste of it even before I had that much
>do everything in my power not to throw up sitting over the toilet for an hour and a half
>can't think of it without feeling sick
Ya no fuck gin
>>
>>7084263

you know you always sound like trailer garbage, right? Like some barefoot disgrace to humanity every time you type.
>>
https://gyazo.com/f01da11ac2788f461b83f4f03c0b0e4d

watchu all talkin' 'bout gin fo?
>>
>>7085117
forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5owzfuvE2k&feature=youtu.be&t=3m45s
>>
>>7082868
fuuuck that sounds delicious
>>
Junipero Gin is best gin
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.