[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
went my whole life thinking white bread didn't taste good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: product-classic-white.png (403 KB, 736x607) Image search: [Google]
product-classic-white.png
403 KB, 736x607
went my whole life thinking white bread didn't taste good because this is the brand my mom always bought
why do people eat this stuff?

I have recently tried arnold and bimbo white breads and its like they aren't even the same product.

has this kind of thing ever happened to you?
>>
>>7082845
Bimbo is shit, Wonder or bust
>>
>>7082845
no
>>
>>7082845
Wonder is amazing with fried bologna tbhfam.
>>
sort of

my mum was and is shit at cooking mushrooms, so i spent ten years never touching them

now i cook them myself and they're gr8
>>
>>7082845
Make your own white bread.

Prepare for your mind to be blown.
>>
>>7082864
once upon a time my mom also bought a bread machine which was used one time. As a kid I thought you needed a special machine to make bread. Same thing with popcorn, when our air popper broke we just had bags of corn laying around because nobody thought to just put it in a hot pan with some oil.

soda makes you dehydrated
meat isn't edible if its raw
coffee makes you short
cabbage is good for sore nipples

MOM STOP LYING TO ME ABOUT FOOD!
>>
>>7082889
>soda makes you dehydrated
This one is true though.
>>
>>7082933
there are people who drink nothing but soda, which means its hydrating them. its not like salt water which fucks with your osmosis, the soda will give you water and just mess with your organ functions.
>>
>>7082889

>cabbage is good for sore nipples

That one is my bad anon. I did horrible things to your mom's nipples and I told the bitch to go suck a cabbage.
>>
>>7082946
retard
>>
>>7082962
no u

how does soda dehydrate you? there isn't anything in it with the proportions to do such a thing
>>
I thought calamari were always tough.
Then I had the BEST CALAMARI RINGS EVER in a specialty fish restaurant. I could cut it easily with a fork tine and it tasted good. Also the batter was thin and didn't overpower the calamari.
>>
>>7082845
I used to hate brussels sprouts because me dad actually liked them mushy as all get out and would ask my mom to cook them that way. Then my friend foisted a mouthful of seared sprouts with red onion at a restaurant and I realized what a horrible lie my whole life had been,
>>
>bought a loaf of wheat presliced bread for a camping trip (pb+j is goat hiking food.)
>can't finish it
>tastes terrible even toasted

I'm gonna rip it up and give it to the birds. Presliced bread is nasty. I forgot how bad it was. No wonder I never liked sandwiches as a kid.

RYE is the only good presliced.

>>7082864

This. Homemade bread is godly. I'm both too lazy to make it and don't want to eat all those carbs, though.
>>
>>7082966
>how does soda dehydrate you? there isn't anything in it with the proportions to do such a thing

It takes more water to process all the sugars, caffeine, and all the other bullshit in soda, than what's actually IN the soda, retard.

Try "hydrating" on soda when running a marathon and see what happens.
>>
>>7082864
>Make your own white bread.
>Prepare for your mind to be blown.
Only if it's sourdough bread.
Regular home made bread doesn't really taste like anything, unless you add lots of sugar, salt and fat to it.
Sourdough has a rich taste and the only ingredients are flour, water, and salt.
>>
>>7086199

>It takes more water to process all the sugars, caffeine, and all the other bullshit in soda, than what's actually IN the soda, retard.

no it doesn't you mong. stop listening to everything your mother tells you. soda does not dehydrate you.

>Try "hydrating" on soda when running a marathon and see what happens.

yeah because that's superb reasoning you dumb nigger.
>>
>>7086005
>I'm gonna rip it up and give it to the birds.
Why would you do that?
>>
>>7082845
Wonder and Bimbo are literally the same garbage
Unless you have a bakery near you who makes a legit white bread Pullman loaf, you have to make your own. unlike many breads, this is one kind of bread that bread machines are perfect for.
>>
>>7086262
What would you have against birds?
>>
>>7086005
>too lazy
there's some premade doughs out there that make pretty good bread/rolls
>>
>>7082845
All cheap white breads taste like cheap white bread. Soft, smacky and sweet.
>>
>>7082864
Bakery bread will most likely be better for white bread.
That said, sourdough, dill and a few other things are really nice for bread.

>>7082946
Some soda dehydrate you. And its not a nice effect the next day or the day after that when you get a zip of real water.
>>
My wife sent me a text saying this black guy at work wants to bread her?
>>
I'm gonna be honest, I buy King white bread and slap butter on that shit raw.

I love it.
>>
White bread always sticks to the roof of my mouth.

What do?
>>
>>7088068
Toast it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.