[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just cooked some chicken breast on a pan with rice, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1429583973_rice.jpg (56 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
1429583973_rice.jpg
56 KB, 630x400
So I just cooked some chicken breast on a pan with rice, but the rice is a bit too bland for my taste, I usually pour a little bit of gravy on rice but I don't have any at the moment. Any reommendations how to add a bit more umph to my rice?
>>
>>7082243
Salt

Also, it's oomph
>>
>>7082247
Well it is salted of course. I meant something a bit extra...I got this awesome juicy chicken and next to it plain rice. The dish lacks some sauce or something to bring it together but idk what. I thought soy sauce but it wouldn't go well with the spices I put on the chicken.
>>
>>7082247
Also thanks for the correction I have honestly only heard the word and never seen it written lol.
>>
>>7082243
Buy Campbell's chicken broth cartons in bulk.
Replace water with broth, little salt/pepper, butter, lemon juice.
Fucking profit.
>>
>>7082243
Coconut, Its the shit added to rice
>>
>>7082293
Another one I do is beef stock instead of water, pepper and a bit of soy sauce.
Also you can never go wrong with tossing some sautéed veg into the rice. Things like peppers, mushrooms, onions, greens like spinach, minced garlic, corn in the summertime, fucking toss some little shrimp or chicken bits in every once in a while.
You can do so much with rice man. It's like a blank canvas. The two rice ideas I gave you are pretty simple that probably most 14 year old can do it, so it won't be too difficult for an adult to do.

Also also, dick around with different types and styles of rice. I know it's kind of memefood tier right now, but my favourite is bismati. It's pretty easy to make, got a nice texture, and it's flavourful enough on its own that I don't mind tossing is with just a little bit of salt/pepper and sesame oil and eating it just like that.
>>
ketchup
>>
You should try cooking your rice with a Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, because Knorr Chicken Stock Pot makes your rice taste better than with salt
>>
msg

but honestly, I don't eat rice at all. I eat home made sourdough whole wheat bread. It's much better tasting, and better for you.
>>
>>7082243
Soy sauce?
>>
>>7082307
Yea I like basmati too. I tried all kinds of rice. One thing i'll never understand is why the nips don't salt their rice. I mean I tried it without salt and it was terribad but with salt it was actually very good.
>>
>>7082555
>rice is tasteless without ranch
>bread is tasteless without ranch
>tendies are tasteless without ranch
REEEEE?
>>
>>7082243
what the fuck who puts gravy on rice.
>>
>>7082243
White rice is bland and nutritionally deficient.
There's a reason Asiatic races are under-developed..
>>
>>7082598
>nutritionally deficient

You're a fucking retard. Also your mom.
>>
>>7082576
Try Knorr Stock Pot© i use it as lube
>>
File: yikes.png (117 KB, 214x250) Image search: [Google]
yikes.png
117 KB, 214x250
>>7082309
>>
triggered hard by amerifat rice habits. minute rice, mixing stock with rice, jesus

i eat rice every damn day. no salt, no fat added. just eat it alongside something flavorful, with various kimchi.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.