[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taco Bell Latest to Use Cage-free Eggs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: taco-bell-logo.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
taco-bell-logo.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/The-Bite/2015/1116/Taco-Bell-will-shift-to-cage-free-eggs-by-2016-faster-than-competitors-video
>Several fast food restaurants and food processors, from McDonald's to General Mills, have made recent pledges to transition to a cage-free egg supply in the coming years. On Monday, Taco Bell moved to outdo them all.

>The chain announced this morning that it will convert 100 percent of its egg products to cage-free by the end of 2016. Meeting that ambitious deadline would make the quick food restaurant the first in the industry to achieve a 100 percent cage-free standard.

>Its proponents say that cage-free egg production allows laying chickens hens to participate in natural animal behaviors, like walking, nesting, perching, and socializing with other animals, which can lead for lower stress levels. Egg production in battery cages, which keep the hens confined, is already banned in the EU and a handful of US states.

>Taco Bell has previously promised to remove artificial flavors and colors, trans-fat, high fructose corn syrup, and palm oil from its menu items. The company confirmed they were still on track Monday.

>Burger King is the closest competitor in the shift to cage-free eggs with a target date of 2017. Panera Bread and Starbucks are aiming to make the transition by 2020. McDonalds, the fast food giant, stated earlier this year it would aim for cage-free egg use over the next 10 years.

>The free-cage egg shift and removal of artificial flavoring and other ingredients will not be accompanied by any price increases, Taco Bell said.
>>
>>7081358
Taco bell has slowly been increasing its price over the years though.
And by large margins, considerng the relative cheapness.
>>
kool
>>
>cage free
>antibiotic free
>meaningless buzzwords that mean sick chickens don't get medication when they do actually need it (instead of just flushing everyone with it which ie admittly bad) and male chicks are still ground into a paste as soon as theyre born

ok
>>
Who gives a shit about chickens? At least cows and pigs have enough brain for it to matter.
>>
Not good. Taco bell needs to be cheap and mushy. yum
>>
>>7081402
But without paste, where will I get my tendies from?!
>>
>We want the Chipotle audience
>>
we dont raise our chickens in cages

we raise them in tubs!
>>
Cage-free eggs are fucking bullshit.

My company sent me to France for 6 months and the hotel they booked only served organic food.
6 months of having awful, dark orange colored yolk organic cage free eggs for breakfast.
They don't even taste like normal eggs, there's something really off about them.
Just thinking about cage free eggs makes me gag now.
>>
>>7081358

Yes be prepared for many shifts to healthy or natural alternatives as the american/global population becomes more educated and informed. Only the aging boomers and retired will stick to their bad habits. Oh yeah and half of the fucking retards that populate this world.
>>
>>7081494
>American faced with eating real food quickly gets withdrawal symptoms and craves McDonalds Egg McMuffin

classic
>>
>>7081376
This

I remember when I could go in with like 10 dollars with me and my two friends, all get large drinks and 20 or so tacos and possibly a couple burritos.

The fuck happened? Same with other fast food chains like Mcdicks and Wendys. I went to wendys the other day because I was drunk and I realized that the fucking meal I got was the same price of a meal at a sitdown restaurant. Why the fuck even go to fast food anymore? I can just call in a sitdown restaurant and order something "to go", pay the same price, and get better quality better tasting food.
>>
>>7081538
>Why the fuck even go to fast food anymore?

So you don't have to shower and can wear sweat pants
>>
>>7081494
>6 months of having awful, dark orange colored yolk organic cage free eggs for breakfast.

Are you fucking trolling? I hope so. I can't stand the taste of the chemical-stuffed factory eggs.
>>
>>7081579
>Are you fucking trolling? I hope so.
anon is parodying you.

> I can't stand the taste of the chemical-stuffed factory eggs.
There is no difference in taste, the only difference is cost.
>>
>>7081538

It's called inflation. Your money is more and more useless now. Prices of everything went up. Go to your sit down restaurant, what you used to get for 5-7bucks (a burger) now costs 8-11 bucks now.
>>
File: comparing-eggs.jpg (28 KB, 390x294) Image search: [Google]
comparing-eggs.jpg
28 KB, 390x294
>>7081579
Factory egg laying chickens are fed a controlled diet, the eggs always taste the same and there's never any blood or other shit in the eggs.

Who the fuck knows what cage free chicken are eating, yolk color is all over the place and you can even end up with a half developed chick in your eggs.

When you think about it free range eggs are just really disgusting.
I just really hope that this craze is just a temporary trend and that I won't have to eat that shit when I'm old because no one sells normal eggs anymore.
>>
>>7081657
>Yolk color having anything to do with quality or flavor

Fuck off.
>>
>>7081661
fuck off organic egg shill, you have no idea what you're talking about.

i've been eating 4 eggs a day for over 30 years now, i can tell the difference.
>>
>>7081668

I can tell the difference too. There is a "chemical" taste in the factory egg. I can't stand it.
>>
>>7081668
>i've been eating 4 eggs a day for over 30 years now, i can tell the difference.
100% anecdotal evidence.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. I'm just calling you a moron for thinking the color of the yolk has anything to do with the overall quality of the egg. It's the same as people thinking the color of the shell has something to do with the conditions the chicken lived.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.