[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone enlighten me when they started making raw milk illegal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Raw Milk Map.png (212 KB, 735x474) Image search: [Google]
Raw Milk Map.png
212 KB, 735x474
Can someone enlighten me when they started making raw milk illegal and why? Do you drink raw milk?
>>
Not everyone could drink it without getting sick. So stupidity
>>
Risk of causing illness.

It's BS.
>>
>>7081045
It's a legitimate risk. The food administration doesn't just ban things because they hate you.
>>
not illegal in my country because we freedom
>>
>>7081056
Raw anything might have some big bad bacteria on it. Ever eat raw cookie dough or eggnog?

Slap a warning label on it and let people buy what they want.
>>
>>7081069
Raw cookie dough is sold with the understanding that you will bake it, like a lot of food. Eggnog is almost always made with pasteurized eggs.

Look at all the places where it's legal. There might have been too many problems in some states, I can't say for sure.
>>
>>7081037
Same reason why sushi nigiri and sashimi is illegal.

Its raw.
>>
>>7081037
I don't drink raw milk but I have a soft spot for cheese made with raw milk. It has an extra bite to it that you don't get in commercial cheeses.
>>
oh goody. another america-only thread to hide along with all of the thanks-giving-head threads.
>>
>>7081037
What do the asterikses mean?
>>
File: 0515pd_caldwell_fig_1.jpg (58 KB, 610x414) Image search: [Google]
0515pd_caldwell_fig_1.jpg
58 KB, 610x414
>>7081155
>>
>>7081161
Thank you.
>>
>>7081151
Non-american anon, do you guys sell raw milk in your area?
>>
>>7081151
It's an American board, senpai.
>>
Can you actually taste the difference between raw and pasteurized milk?
>>
>>7081079
Talking homemade, in reference to "legitimate risk". Of course they don't sell it raw, that might get someone sued!

Seriously though, people die from inane things all the time, you can't put guard rails around everything remotely dangerous.

Petfood state raw milk here. It's like buying a bong for "tobacco purposes".
>>
I live in California and I've never seen raw milk for sale. Not even in the hippy dippy health stores.
>>
File: 1418773548777.jpg (36 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1418773548777.jpg
36 KB, 490x490
Raw milk laws came into effect because the milk industry prior was as bad as the turn-of-the-century meat industry and pumped out bacteria laden, unhygienic milk.

Now they primarily exist to give people with a poor understanding of history another law to not understand the context or purpose of and assume it's the gubmint picking on poor old mom and pop farms.
>>
>>7081079
Where I live raw milk is sold with the information that you have to boil it.
>>
>Camphylobacter
>Lysteria
>Cow Pox
>Typhoid

Not worth the risk IMHO.
>>
>>7081037
Raw milk was a major vector of food-borne illness a century ago, thanks to shitty quality control.
>>
>>7081037
So what has to be done to milk before it can be sold? Preservatives right?
>>
>>7083208
pasteurization
>>
>>7081298
Nope. It's a hipster thing.

Next trend will be raw kidney beans.

>"The newest, healthiest, gluten-free snack!"
>>
>>7081037
>tfw Pennsylvania master race
I don't think I've seen raw milk for sale desu
>>
>>7084323

Probably retarded if you can't taste the difference. I bet you can't tell the difference between Holstein and Jersey either.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.