[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people who think Christmas is better than Thanksgiving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: turkey-thanksgiving.jpg (285 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
turkey-thanksgiving.jpg
285 KB, 600x398
>There are people who think Christmas is better than Thanksgiving
>>
>Christmas
>Not celebrating Yule
>>
>There are people who think poultry is good
>>
>>7080491
Turkey sucks. At Christmas I usually have prime rib or some such, so that makes it better than Thanksgiving already.
>>
in the uk we don';t have thanksgiving and we almost always have turkey for christmas, so eh.

although i've done thanksgiving parties for three years running.
>>
File: 43632632622.jpg (58 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
43632632622.jpg
58 KB, 600x407
>>7080503
>>7080507
>Blaming the meat because you can't cook it
>>
>>7080512

even perfectly cooked, turkey isn't particularly enjoyable.
>>
>>7080491
We don't have thanksgiving. Therefor Christmas > Thanksgiving
>>
Thanksgiving? As in the day all Americans give thanks for what they have? As in the day before Black Friday where Americans storm shops and fight each other just to get $50 off a tv?

Sounds great.
>>
>>7080508
You don't have Thanksgivings but do Thanksgiving parties?
>>
>>7080491
my grandmas thanksgiving is almost the same as christmas, except without the $100. with my momom, its better at christmas because her dinners suck. its all fine tho, i hate my momom. she is a selfish, florida type bitch all out for the money and mistys (cigs)
>>
>>7080520
europe plz
>>
>>7080538

i just really like american shit. the country as a whole doesn't celebrate it at all
>>
From a /ck/ perspective they're just different, but I always thought of Thanksgiving as the food holiday because of the history behind it (that you get told anyway). Turkey, gravy, soup, salad, stuffed mushrooms, broccoli, sweet potatoes, wild rice, stuffing, etc etc. It's the harvest festival so it's all about that American plenty. But we're italian and do another giant meal on Christmas anyway too, there's just more to the holiday so it doesn't feel like as much.
>>
File: gramgram.jpg (34 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
gramgram.jpg
34 KB, 620x400
>>7080553
>momom
>>
File: Mexican_Bandito,_Deadwood.jpg (36 KB, 511x520) Image search: [Google]
Mexican_Bandito,_Deadwood.jpg
36 KB, 511x520
>There are people who think Christmas is better than Cinco de Mayo
>>
>>7080491
True. But on Christmas I get to make 2nd Thanksgiving dinner and get presents
>>
Thanksgiving dinner is basically the same every year because tradition is sometimes more important than good tasting food. Christmas doesn't have a set menu so it's a lot more fun to cook because you can do different things.
>>
In my family Thanksgiving food and Christmas food was exactly the same.
>>
>>7080599
its what i was raised to call her, and what she wanted to be called. got a problem nigger?
>>
>>7080725
How redneck is your family?
>>
>>7080732
my moms side is more white trash

my dads side is pretty white trash

in defense, im a big advocate of race theory and post colonialism
>>
>>7080760
>my dads side is pretty white trash
sorry, i meant redneck.
>>
>>7080760
>>7080769

>in defense, im a big advocate of race theory and post colonialism

?
>>
>>7080491
mfw we have a full turkey dinner for christmas as well as thanks giving.
christmas is obviously better since there is also presents involved, and chocolate
>>
>be european
>feel obliged to post in this thread

I dont know why.
We never celebrate Thanksgiving
even with all the US culture influx, Thanksgiving never took foot in europe
>>
>>7080491
Thinking designated turkey day is better just because your family gives shit gifts AND doesn't have a Christmas feast. Shaking my head in your direction family.
>>
>>7080491
>Americans
>Celebrating slaughtering the indians they first made contact with by having a meal containing none of the ingredients shared in the original meal they are purporting to emulate.
>>
>>7081859
white trash and redneck usually go hand in hand with racist.
>>
>>7081911
And?
>>
We don't have thanksgiving here brah. But I like Easter the best because we usually eat rabbit or duck.
>>
>>7081911
Chrismas and Easter isn't much better.
>>
Thanksgiving food is pretty rank. All fat and sugar and they even turn the turkey into something reminiscent of deli meat. Christmas for the win!
>>
>>7082235

>All fat and sugar

FUCK OFF
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.