[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best, cheap, college beans and rice recipe? Share pls, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: fc71iy049-02_xlg.jpg (69 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
fc71iy049-02_xlg.jpg
69 KB, 600x500
Best, cheap, college beans and rice recipe?
Share pls, I'm starving already and won't be able to go to the store until next two hours...
>>
Please kill yourself
>>
>>7079399
I wish.
>>
File: SXZHgbE.jpg (80 KB, 800x797) Image search: [Google]
SXZHgbE.jpg
80 KB, 800x797
>>7079390
Make rice, eat it.

Rinse and repeat until you aren't hungry.
>>
File: 1238061849331.jpg (6 KB, 251x249) Image search: [Google]
1238061849331.jpg
6 KB, 251x249
>American /ck/
>>
>>7079411
>>7079415
>>7079399
Jesus fuck is it so hard to tell what do you put in this shit?
>>
>>7079419
Jesus fuck, is it so hard to use a search engine? We've had them since '93. Well before you were born.
>>
>>7079419
Be a pleb somewhere else yuropoor
>>
>>7079427
Fucking search engine? Whoah, that's some amazing shit right there.
I didn't want to search this because people have better recipes amongst them instead of recipes that google shove me in my face.
>>
Piss on it asshole
>>
>>7079436
Are you trying to make louisiana red beans and rice? There's recipes for that. Actual poorfag beans and rice? You put in literally whatever you have.
>>
forget about rice. eat beans with whole wheat bread. rice is nasty.
>>
>>7079390
WTF are college beans?
>>
Assuming you live in le US, Save A Lot sells beans really quite cheaply. In my area, it's $1.79 for a 2lb bag of dry mixed pinto and white beans.

A half-pound of dry beans makes four servings, so about 11¢ per serving at the price my SaL sells them.

I get 20lbs of rice for $7.99.
A pound of rice cooks up to about six servings, so about 7¢ per serving.

I pressure cook a half pound of beans at a time and store them in the fridge. I cook 1lb of rice at a time and store that in the fridge, too.
Then, I make what's basically bean fried rice.

Fry up two 2 cloves of garlic (2¢), minced, half an onion (9¢), chopped and one chilli (5¢), minced, in a tablespoon of oil until fragrant.
Add a serving of beans (11¢), drained.
Stir-fry a bit then add a bit of water and a pinch of salt followed but a serving of day-old cooked rice (7¢).
Toss about until the water is absorbed/evaporated, then stir-fry a bit.
Finally, off the heat and toss in a small handful of chopped coriander/cilantro (10¢).

Om nom nom nom nom for 44¢ per serving.
>>
>>7079477
College beans are the things you have when you move out on your own and realize you can't do basic life skills such as feeding yourself. I'd say they should make /ckc/ for "halp i got first apartment how i couk :(" threads but this board would just be fast food threads int his case.
>>
>>7079492
Cooking itself isn't the problem you mongoloid, when you are somewhere with limited cooking hardware and really low on money, you have to find your ways.
>>
File: knorr.png (655 KB, 801x468) Image search: [Google]
knorr.png
655 KB, 801x468
I dissolve one of these in water before adding it to the rice cooker. Sazon Goya has some spice packets to add to the beans.

Makes it taste delicious and you don't have to do anything.

Hot sauce on everything, too.
>>
>>7079540
Are those the gelattine ones? I do this too.
>>
>>7079520
It's literally just BEANS you nigger. Cooking "hardware" and money plays no role.

Get a can of beans and whatever other shit you can buy with the spare change in your pocket, dump that shit in a bowl and microwave it

If you are too poor for a microwave, put it on the stove for a few minutes

If you don't have a stove, ask the hobos across the street if you can use their gas barrel.

If all else fails, eat it as it is.

That's literally all, no fancy equipment required.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.