[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing Hot Peppers indoors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: indoorpeps.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
indoorpeps.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
Hey guys, luckily its stayed pretty mild here in the Mid Atlantic region and I have kept my peppers outside. I have several Carolina Reapers plants and a few others very hot pepper plants growing in pots and I want to bring them inside before winter really hits. Some have gotten to the point of flowering or almost flowering before it got cold and now they have stopped completely. I want to set up a grow op in the house over winter. Have any of you had any experience doing so?

I'm doing research and getting a list of supplies together.

in b4 weed.
>>
>>7079257
Don't cheap out on the lights. You'll actually be able to find more information if you treat your research as if you're growing pot.
>>
>>7079275
>You'll actually be able to find more information if you treat your research as if you're growing pot.

Funny, i once got the police called on me because my neighbor thought i was growing pot.

The cops showed up, looked through the window and saw 50 chili plants with fruits growing, laughed their asses off then went over to the neighbor and told him to mind his own business and threatened to charge him with filing a false police report if they had to come out here again.

Let's just say that neighbor was notorious in my neighborhood for causing trouble, cops got so tired of dealing with every little thing that he called the cops for that they started to follow him around and busted him repeatedly for any little thing they could.

He stopped calling the cops once they had taken his drivers license, towed away hos old truck as a "environmental hazard" and made him pay for it, and had him go through months of paperwork because his garage was built without permits or inspections.

Lets just say that once the cops are annoyed enough to get a fire and building inspectors called out to inspect your buildings you are in for a world of hurt.
>>
>>7079506
haha, that's great.

Good to see shit heads who can't mind their own business get a taste of their own medicine.

So do you have any indoor growing tips for me? What kind of set up did you use?
>>
>>7079257

I grew 3 Bhut's indoors using a 600w light, coir, and dyna-gro nutes.

They all flowered, and produced fruits that were both hot as fuck, and delicious.

Bring you plants in, put them under 12/12 if you want to flower them, and then just pollinate them yourself with your finger or a Q-tip or some shit.

You'll be fine.
>>
>>7079257
>Op can't inb4
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>7079536
I was using 4 standard 36W CFL tubes in 6500k mounted overhead two by two in reflector housings.

Not optimal but it was cheap. (dumpster dived at a construction site for the CFL mountings and reflectors)
And it got the job done.

Other than that, make sure to keep a stable temperature, put some research into what temperature is optimal for the type you have.
>>
File: cob.jpg (433 KB, 2292x1616) Image search: [Google]
cob.jpg
433 KB, 2292x1616
Look up "LED COBS".
Rollitup is a pretty good forum for it.
Cree makes the most efficient cobs, Bridgelux is great too.
(420magazine is paid ignorance there and you can only discuss growlights of paid sponsors. It's not that they're bad people there and the growlights certainly work but the staff there are a bunch of fuckheads)

There are a few sites where you can buy panels with cobs, but it's much cheaper to assemble it yourself.
People on rollitup have been very helpful to me about building my own panel, it's basically just an aluminium heatsink and drilling a few holes in it to screw in the materials , cob wires and led driver.

>>7079542
>Bring you plants in, put them under 12/12 if you want to flower them
Peppers aren't photoperiod sensitive, they will flower under 16/8 or 18/6 just the same.

Oh and Cree COBs don't have that blueish purple colour but a complete "white" spectrum like a normal HPS or any normal lamp.
LED lights with diodes are only "blurple" because it's nigh-impossible to make a white spectrum with large diodes.
>>
>>7079557
And led COBs are a newer technology than diodes.
Most of the panels you buy use older technology
>>
>>7079546
haha, silly
>>
>>7079557
>Peppers aren't photoperiod sensitive, they will flower under 16/8 or 18/6 just the same.

My other "peppers" were, anon.
>>
How much does it increase your electrical bills to do this sort of thing?
>>
>>7080140

That's easily calculated if you know the wattage of your lights.

According to a google search the average price of electricity in the US is about 13 cents per KWH.

So, if you had a 600 watt lamp setup it would cost you 0.6 x 13 = about 7.8 cents per hour to operate it.

If you had it going 16 hours a day then you'd be looking at about $37 per month. 600 watts is a pretty serious grow lamp. Going with florescents or LEDs would be far less expensive.
>>
>>7080150
Thanks. Not as expensive as I had feared.
>>
>>7080150
Fluorescents are less efficient than HPS.
LED depends.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.