[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this pork okay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
First time cooking it myself, I've only ever had it fried to toughness or sitting in a crock pot for 8 hours, so I know even a little bit of pinkish hue is a cardinal sin in me mum's kitchen.
>>
It's fine.
>>
>>7078100
look quite good.
>>
>>7078106
>>7078109
Thanks anons.
>>
The pork was good, Anons; I didn't know it could be both tender and also safe to eat.
>>
>>7078100
>>7078599
Yeah you want your pork "medium well" at around 145-150F. It'll be juicy as hell, and taste amazing. What you have there looks picture perfect for such a thin cut. Well done.
>>
If you're unsure enough that you can't eyeball it, buy a meat thermometer. :^)
>>
>>7078612
You are not at all wrong.
>>
>>7078605
Thanks, Anon.
>>
Where I come from we eat raw ground pork.
As long as you get the meat from trustworthy sources and don't leave it fouling around there's nothing that should go wrong.
>>
Pork is absolutely fine to eat pink. I don't prefer it as rare as I'd eat eat beef or lamb, but you don't need to cook it all the way through.
>>
looks good
would eat all of it
>>
>>7078695
Thanks, Anon. I put it in some ramen.
>>
>>7078691
med rare pork? cmon son
>>
Post your cooking method pls
Or anyone post a good one
My pork is always shit
>>
>>7078754
I heated a pot (used the same pot for the ramen broth and whatnot) with two tablespoons of canola oil on medium heat for a few minutes and once it immediately sizzled the meat, I let it sit unmolested for about four minutes one one side, flipped it, and let it sit another four or so minutes.

I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and some season salt or whatever that nice-smelling reddish one is.
>>
>>7078764
Thanks

Now when you say pot, do you literally mean a pot, like the kind you might use to boil an egg or cook some pasta, or do you mean a frying pan?
>>
>>7078767
I used an actual pot, but I was making ramen and used the same pot to boil my broth/noodles in so I could have the drippings from cooking the pork in there without needing to use more than one dish.

A pan should work just fine.
>>
pork isn't kosher. delete this thread.
>>
File: 1412561753567.jpg (25 KB, 387x290) Image search: [Google]
1412561753567.jpg
25 KB, 387x290
>>
>>7078820
>>7078865
See, you two can get along after all.
>>
>>7078100
Looks good, what did you have with it?
>>
>>7079012
Made ramen,
>>
>>7079001
>implying we haven't been working together to take down the west for the past 14 years
>>
>>7078100
Enjoy your brain eating tape worm.
>>
Looks absolutely perfect desu senpai. IMO a lot of people are afraid of pork and chicken because there's a fine line between overcooked/nice/poisoning.
>>
>>7080014
Top kek
>>
>>7080014
I wish this was a joke
>>
>>7078100
That looks pretty good. If you're unsure get a digital meat thermometer. They're especially useful when you're starting out. You can cook pork well done and still have it be tender, but it is a very fine line, same as chicken breasts or tenders. I like to go just under well done for pork chops.
>>
Cook to 130-35f internal temp, let take up for 5 minutes before carving
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.