[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone posted a thread here a while back trying to think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 200x200
Someone posted a thread here a while back trying to think of a dish that pairs both fish and cheese well.
This has honestly racked my brain for weeks now; I've thought about it in my real daily life ever since.
It really is an odd pairing that should make sense (fish good, cheese great) but doesn't actually work.
Really the only thing I can even possibly think of is feta crumbled on fish soft tacos.
I need more ideas. This seems like an impossible combination and that shouldn't apply to food.
>>
hmm cheese and fish doesn't go together does it. Maybe as a dipping sauce for fish sticks or something.
>>
>>7077846
You just need a fish that's not very fishy and a cheese that's not very cheesy, and then assemble them in a way that doesn't emphasize either.

Take some cod, do a coarse breading with some panko, parm and italian herbs and cook it. Done. And it'd be fairly tasty.
>>
>>7077846
You're like one of those chefs who tries to pair together wacky flavor combinations. It never works.
>>
shrimp scampi with parmesan

boom
>>
there's loads of fish and cheese pairings dude. they often go together really well, there's just a weird thing about it in catholic cultures.
>>
>someone posted a thread here a while back trying to think of a dish that pairs both fish and cheese well

Yeah, and there were probably a hundred suggestions of common dishes that involve both fish and cheese.
>>
Smoked salmon and either cream cheese or ricotta
>>
>>7077846
>Someone posted a thread here a while back trying to think of a dish that pairs both fish and cheese well.
Yeah I can't get it out of my mind, too
>>
Now if you wanted a more interesting thread, op, you should have specified a particular fish and cheese to pair.

Like, tilapia and a really sharp cheddar. Try pairing those fuckers.
>>
>>7077903
When Americans say "sharp cheddar" do they mean mature cheddar? In bongland I've never heard the word sharp to describe cheddar so I'm curious
>>
File: 79Ade5e.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
79Ade5e.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
A good (not shitty) tuna melt is really all I can think of
>>
>>7077846

at a restaurant i used to work at, we did a black pepper parmesan souffle and topped it with a buerre blanc with crab meat and uni. it paired perfectly
>>
>>7077908
I suppose so, the common grocery store terminology for cheddar is
Mild
Medium
Sharp
>>
>>7077908

yeah, it's aged to be more pungent. most cheddar you get at the grocery store is either mild or medium cheddar and tastes pretty bland
>>
>>7077908
Cheddars are marketed to us as "sharp" or "mild". The sharp is more flavorful, the mild is mild. So when we talk about an intensely flavored cheddar, we describe it as sharp. I don't know the difference in how they are made.
>>
Cheddar cheese, white fish. Tastes great.
Smoked salmon and cream cheese. Actually most things go with cream cheese, like crab and shrimp. Crab Rangoons and Shrimp Toast are great, as well as things like Philadelphia Roll.
>>
>mixing dairy and fish
It's like you want to die of poisoning.
>>
>>7077926
They're made the same way. Sharper cheddars are just aged longer.
>>
Not quite fish but i make a tomato sauce then broil some shrimp and feta. Serve over orzo & wala
>>
Lox and cream cheese
Shrimp and parmesan
Tuna salad and anything
Tuna casserole

You could have a cheese sauce for fish and chips, but that would be gross.
>>
For some reason chefs like to say that fish and cheese don't go well together. These same chefs get off their shifts, go down the street to the local diner, and order a tuna melt.
>>
>>7077846
Filet O Fish
>>
Beer battered cod and gouda is quite divine
>>
File: fof.png (95 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
fof.png
95 KB, 700x393
>>7080689
Was about to say this.
Even McDonald's knows you don't smother fish with cheese. The Fillet o fish sandwich has only a half slice.
>>
>>7077846
take some onions, celery and green pepper and saute in oilve oil. add garlic and thyme, salt and pepper. spoon into ramekins with peeled raw shrimp and feta cheese. bake under high heat until shrimp is cooked and hopefully cheese is browned. serve with rice or bread and a salad.
>>
>>7077884
Please name some
>>
>>7077846
Sashimi and cheese pairing?
>>
File: 1.jpg (105 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
105 KB, 600x469
γαρίδες σαγανάkι

fucking greeks man, i just gagged a little
>>
>>7080869
Μύδια σαγανάkι
>>
>>7080856
lox and cream cheese
any fish mornaise...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.