[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any idea for chicken breast? I need cheap, fast and tasty recipe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 280x138) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 280x138
Any idea for chicken breast? I need cheap, fast and tasty recipe, cause im broke
>>
butterfly them, salt and pepper on each side, pan fry using butter or olive oil.
>>
>>7075939
i didnt meant that cheap, i have plenty of seasoning and i think about something with rice?
>>
>>7075932
Get thighs instead next time. Good cut of meat if you don't mind a bit of fat that can retain flavor.
>>
>>7076189
Sorry, forgot to acknowledge your OP.

You can never go wrong with baking them in an oven OP. Pat each side with salt and pepper (and experiment with spices of your choosing), get some grape tomatoes and cut them in half, drizzle a bit of oil on them and bake 350 for about 40 minutes. Saute some greens like spinach or arugula and you got a nice, simple meal.
>>
>>7076193
>>7075939
i'll go for scallopini with penne, post pic later
>>
>>7075932

jerk chicken with rice & beans, its delish
>>
>>7075932
i have made a really tasty lemon sauce with chicken last week.
you have to marinate the chicken in lemon with some garlic and oregano or thyme, honey and some mustard.
when you are ready to cook, take the chicken and reserve the marinade. cook the chicken in the oven with anything that you like.
when the chicken is about to be ready take the marinade, put in a pan and add some chicken broth and some cornstarch to add consistency to the sauce. this sauce will take like 10 minutes to get to a good point of texture and consistency.
you can do this with some potatoes, i think that the sauce with rice would be tasty too
>>
if you have an extra hour to kill, marinade with lime juice, crushed garlic, salt & pepper, olive oil. thin coat of flour, pan fry, eat with dirty rice with a little cilantro

thats my go-to for a quick chicken breast dinner, anyway
>>
Shred, wrap in corn tortillas and bake. Smother in cheese sauce.
>>
nice and easy
>>
>want to make chicken lemongrass
>ralphs doesn't sell lemongrass
>>
>>7075932
If you really want it cheap then try the following:
>cut open chicken
>fill fith some kind of cheap Philadelphia spread knock-off
>wrap bacon around it
>put it in oven
>done
>>
>>7076401
That's like one step up from those shitty pictures of "cooking for bae".
>>
place 1-4 chicken breasts on a paper plate. Microwave on high until done in the center, sprinkle some salt and eat. Yum.
>>
>>7076401
Why bread and fry if your making picatta?
>>
>>7075932
chicken fajitas.
simple, cheap, quick
>>
>>7077312
>Philadelphia spread knock-off
Oh, you mean this little thing called "cream cheese".
Fuckwit.
>>
Pound thin, cover in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, pan fry. Before you eat squeeze lemon on it.

Don't forget to salt and pepper at every stage to taste.
>>
Butterfly the breast, cut up couple cloves garlic and press them into both sides of breast.
Add spices too if you have them, or at the very least salt and pepper.
Fry on medium heat until browned both sides
Grate loads of cheese to cover one side of them and place in oven at 175° until cheese melts.
Eat in a sandwich or by themselves with rice.
>>
>>7075932
Chicken Kiev.
>>
Cube them and mix them with either curry sauce or mushroom and cream sauce along with jasmine rice, maybe some pesto sauce if you want to mix in pasta.

Chicken parmesan is also good, but whenever I have it people drown it in sauce.

Another option is to do a stirfry. I like making mine with hoisin and oyster sauce, then tossing in bok choy, eggplant, broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, mushrooms, celery, etc., whatever appeals to you. I made some with a pack of bracken noodles a few days ago and I still have half of it left, and decent sized bottle of oyster sauce will last you a while.
>>
Slice them or pound out so they're about 1/2 inch thick.
Marinade for 1/2 hour.
Grill at medium high at 8 min a side. Flip. Check temp. Grill a little longer for the thicker ones.
>>
>>7075932
Microwave on a paper plate on high for 10 minutes, serve with lots of ketchup.
>>
File: yummy.jpg (143 KB, 795x647) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
143 KB, 795x647
>>7075932
do what jamie oliver does in this vid except use chicken breasts instead of steak. works just as well. actually i've never tried it on steak but this method is awesome and quick and cheap.
https://youtu.be/4Ss6K0okk1E
>>
>>7075932
This is what I did last night

Put them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit with convection on for 25 minutes with Espelette pepper flakes, Club House valleyfield spices, ground pepper and Himalayan pink salt

Was delicious with some Basmati long grain rice, steamed broccoli and boiled carrots, all aldente
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.