[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRUCK STOP FOOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Image21.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Image21.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
Does /ck/ eat at truck stops? What are the best things for truckers to eat on the road? Non perishables to pack and things you can cook on a single burner gas stove? Would you eat the cheap hot dogs from the steam tray, or would you order fresh made food from the menu? Are the buffets safe at all? Does the company pay for my food?
>>
BUMP
>>
>>7075295
I'm a recent cdl graduate I'm with CR England, they let us take $100 advance with our fuel cards each week to survive. Eating out every day will shrink your money fast, get a power inverter and water heater from Walmart and buy the minimum amount of ramen and water you need to survive on as a fall back, then you can worry about other stuff. Stay hydrated with water but don't drink too much, think NASCAR lol I drive 8 hours straight then a break then at least 2 more hours I hope this helps
>>
>>7076964
She looks good in the thumbnail and then when you click... yikes
>>
>>7077007
Sounds fun senpai. Do you sleep multiple nights in a row in the truck? I imagine it feels like camping. Also, how can you drive that much in England? It's pretty small and its an island.
>>
>>7077064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G95VJtB_IQY
>>
in canada, I haven't seen a single truck stop that wasn't just a building that combined KFC, Burger King, Wendy's and maybe a Pizza Hut under one roof.

can't speak for central/western canada I guess, mainly southern ontario/quebec
>>
>>7077007
How's the pay and how many miles your avg a week? Did you go for sponsored training with 2 year commitment? Are you otr or regional?
>>
File: 570106395.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
570106395.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>7077081
>implying anyone but truckers would know this
calm down friendo, JB Hunt is the only trucking company anyone but a trucker could possibly recognize
>>
>>7077104
Werner
Knight
American trucking
Schneider

Are the ones I most commonly see
>>
>>7077034
Looks German to me.
>>
>>7077112
I think I've seen Knight before, the rest don't mean anything to me

Then again I sold my murdercage during the Clinton administration, I only rent a cage when I need to, usually on brief visits to flyover where I'm not on interstate highways much. Maybe those are new?
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 675x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 675x288
>>7077104
Nah. Schneider is common. So is FedEx, ups, United, Sharkey, JB Hunt
>>
>>7077007
I'm about to get my CDL from a tech school, I'm taking out a loan from my parents and paying them back. Is this a bad decision? Some places do pay for training but I'd rather not have to commit to their contract, I wanna be free to work for the best option.
>>
>>7077134
yeah I signed up for a 9 month contract so the driving schooling was free, most places in my local area need 1 year experience anyway.
>>7077102
Currently as a trainee I'm making 9.50 an hour for drive time and 9.25 for on duty, driving as a team with a trainer I'm learning the ropes. I do at least 500 miles a shift, the truck is governed at 60 mph :'(

>>7077064
No I'm from California, the companies name is CR England but they operate in other countries too I believe. yeah I'm otr so im gonna be sleeping in the truck for about 10 more days then I'll be finished training.
>>
>>7077034
>>7077118
She looks like sweet dee from always sunny
>>
>>7077134
I only took the contract to gain experience really, its a plus that the trainee pay is close to my last job (security), but in your position I would take the parents loan then find a company that wants recent cdl graduates.
>>
Take care of your food situation. It's like those guys in max security prisons, food is the only thing in your day to break up the soul-crushing boredom of seclusion, lack of stimulus, and pure monotony. Almost everyone I know who drove professionally eventually cracked under the strain of it. They didn't get violent or anything, they just ended up walking off the job, giving up a decent income, and changing careers over a single incident like getting a traffic ticket or a scheduling mishap. If course those things just bright the situation to a head, but if you don't want it to come to that, avoiding it is an active process.

Food is a good start. Communications helps a lot. Stay in touch with friends and family or they will forget about you. Get yourself a nice low-fee investment account and save your $ in a broad market fund like one based on S&P 500. Making more money while you sleep than you do while you are awake gives you a real nice tickle in your tail. Music (stick to random mixes, not the same old nostalgic shit from high school) gotta keep it fresh. Books on tape if you are into that.

And take care of your fuckin health. Sitting for 12hrs a day will destroy it. Doesn't matter how much $ you make of you are too tired or don't live long enough to spend it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.