[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between pancakes,waffles,blini?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: kot.jpg (96 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
96 KB, 800x800
What's the difference between pancakes,waffles,blini?
>>
all try to be french toast, but come short.
>>
Basic differences:

Pancakes use a slightly thicker batter and are cooked in a griddle and then flipped.
Waffles use a thinner batter that rises and is cooked simultaneously on both sides.
Blini are thin pancakes.

>what's the difference between lasagna and beef-a-roni?
This is your question applied to a different set of base ingredients.
>>
>>7075070
I don't think you use sugar in blinis. Also, you add yeast to blinis.
>>
>>7075113
>Blini are thin pancakes.
Aren't they supposed to be thick? Thin pancakes are crepes.
>>
I think they're all the same basic batter in murrica, just that blini/crêpes lack have slightly more liquid.

In Switzerland, the difference between pancake, waffle and crêpes are that pancakes are made with a thick, chemically-leavened batter, waffles are made with a brioche-like, yeast-leavened dough and crêpes/blini are made with a thin, unleavened batter, though batter similar to the one used for crêpes can be used to make a different type of waffle, a thin, crispy one called bricelets/bretzeli/brazeli.
>>
File: tasty.png (81 KB, 251x289) Image search: [Google]
tasty.png
81 KB, 251x289
>>7075070
>>
Pancakes are made from a heavy thick batter and are in the end really thick.
Blinis are from Russia, often made with yeast and have little holes in them. They can be eaten sweet, but more often savoury.
Crepes are thin pancakes from France. They are eaten sweet and have no holes in them.
Galettes are savoury crepes (without holes too) and they are made like crepes just without sugar.
Waffles are cooked differently than all of the above (in an waffleiron) and the batter ist thick but with baking soda. Because of the iron, the texture is different.
>>
Waffles are the only ones with many recipes. I've seen waffles batter that's thin, thick, made with yeast (my favorite kind), and even unusual ingredients like bread.
>>
>>7075070
so kot is the official animal of /ck/?
>>
>>7077385
Haven't other boards claimed him?
>>
>>7077485
I've seen him on other boards but i don't think they've claimed him.
>>
>>7077385
kot is my waifu
>>
>>7077498
I don't browse /int/ but someone here said they use him a lot. I think we should adopt him for /ck/ pet, he's always looking at food and reacting to it
>>
>>7077552
It's an /int/ thing mainly as Russian threads spam kot blini all over
>>
Reminder to always kot blini

https://youtu.be/CAbqUjQ4ZCQ
>>
Well, officially blini are thick pancakes with yeast
and blinchiki (diminutive of blini) are thin pancakes without yeast
But we often call blinchiki just blini, like in op pic
t. Russian
>>
>>7076953
Crepes are mostly egg. Blini are extremely thin pancakes.
>>
the amount of egg, leavening and or machinery involved
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.