[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible that everyone who claims they don't like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: cranberry white stilton.jpg (36 KB, 595x380) Image search: [Google]
cranberry white stilton.jpg
36 KB, 595x380
Is it possible that everyone who claims they don't like cheese just hasn't met the right one yet? I'm not talking about the poor unfortunate lactose intolerant people who get the explosive shits if they eat any dairy.

I bought some of this today and had some for lunch and I can't imagine how someone wouldn't love the way this tastes. This is so fucking good I will buy more even if the price doubles after I run out.

Cheese thread anyone?
>>
I love cheese. But it's like potato chips or donuts - it's junk food.
>>
>>7073950
100% true
Grew up lactose intolerant and the allergy is slowly fading (luckily, not holding out luck that it won't return)
My first I started liking was mozzerella in my late teens, then provolone, then parmesan, then sharp cheddar and now have finally graduated to liking blue cheese
Obviously liked the blander ones and developed a liking to the actual cheesy taste and will eventually be a normal human being.
Still can't wrap my brain around limburger or super aged stilton however
>>
Isnt all lactose is consumed by lactobacteria during fermentation?
>>
>>7073950
whats that? wensleydale and berries....nice
prob right, there are a ridiculous amount of cheese types and formulations......something for all....to be honest ive never met anyone who doesnt like cheese, but i live in the uk and we're generally cheese mad
>>
>>7073950
It's the same thing as with people claiming all beer tastes the same pisswater.
It's both an acquired taste and/or they've had a bad product as their first experience as well.
>>
>>7074032
>whats that? wensleydale and berries

I was looking for that everywhere after someone posted a picture of it on here but I only found the white stilton with cranberries, So fucking good. I still want to find the wensleydale though.

>to be honest ive never met anyone who doesnt like cheese

I've met a lot of people who hate cheese and not intolerant people like I said or even vegans, they just...just...I don't know.
>>
What is the closest cheese comes to becoming ice cream?
>>
File: Kaese-auf_Holzbrett-388_03[1].jpg (34 KB, 388x253) Image search: [Google]
Kaese-auf_Holzbrett-388_03[1].jpg
34 KB, 388x253
Working at a 4 and a half star hotel restaurant had its benefits. We had a cheese buffet platter thing put out for guests every evening at a certain time it was assumed most would be finished with their main courses and/or desserts.
We would order in these large boxes of assorted "Affineur" cheeses from the main brand, and everything that was in shoddy condition at the end of the service would be thrown out (cheese can't sit out unrefrigerated for 3 hours without the cheese mold coming back to life).

Me being the curious little shit I was, eventually worked up the nerve to try (and eventually regularly eat the rest of) the leftovers.

>Mondseer, Alpzirler, Le Rose, Rollino, Stilton, Roquefort, Camembert, Dolce Bianca, St. Severin, Red Monk, Weinkäse, Gorgonzola,

...just to name a few of the many hard, soft, and mold-culture cheeses that were among my favourites. Also some from local "indie-cheese" producers I cannot remember the names of.
>>
>>7074096
Philadelphia
>>
>>7074096
Nowhere close.

Cheese is made from full cream milk of varying ratios of cream, with an added bacterial culture, and regularly stirred.

Depending on the type of cheese, the mixture is drained of its water to a certain amount so it gets that "cheese" consistency. The more water is pressed out, the harder the cheese becomes, like parmesan.

Ice-cream, due to strict HACCP controls and regulations is typically either made from milk powder and all the dry flavour ingredients, and finally mixed in with water or fresh cream, flash-heated, and then rapidly cooled to freezing temperatures whilst under a blender designed to beat the cream to something close to butter without it breaking inter molecular bonds with water, and adding a lot of air.
This gives it that light "creamy" feel.
>>
When I was little I was picky and wouldn't eat cheese outside of stuff like pizza or tacos. Don't know why, just some sort of mental block and convinced myself I didn't like it, even though I never really tried it. Now I'm older and love many cheeses and I am willing to try them all at least once to see if I like them or not.
>>
>>7073950
That is an entirely impossible scenario, and you are retarded for sharing it.

Go back to raping uncooked roasts with your penis and calling marinading.
>>
>>7074502
>That is an entirely impossible scenario, and you are retarded for sharing it.

What?

>Go back to raping uncooked roasts with your penis and calling marinading.

What?
>>
>>7073950
It's an acquired taste. I've had a bunch of flatmates who wouldn't eat a lot of things, after 2 years of slowly expanding their palates they now enjoy food that would have made them gag when they moved in.
>>
>>7074541
How about you broaden your horizons with a knife through the eyes and a pineapple up the anus, you ehtnocentric austrialien.
>>
>>7074032
>>7074068
White Stilton is far better than Wensleydale. Wensleydale is dry and has an odd sour taste. I never noticed it until I had it side by side with White Stilton cheeses, but the White Stiltons are moister and sweeter. I am referring to the base cheese no fruit or anything.

The best flavors I have had are Blueberry and Mango/Ginger. Cranberry is alright but Apricot is disappointing. There is a lemon zest version but I haven't had it.

Wenselydale comes in a Honey and Figs flavor which should be good but is extremely disappointing too.
>>
>>7074565
Okay, thanks. Good thing I found the stilton first or I probably would have never tried it.
>>
When I was growing up, my family only bought/ate mild cheddar and monterey jack. Everything else was "icky." It was only in the past 3 years or so that they started buying sharp cheddar. I've gotten somewhat into cheese since I've moved out and have gotten them to try some edam/port salut/habanero jack, but it's a slow process.
>>
I'm a CCP. AMA!
>>
>>7074100
>(cheese can't sit out unrefrigerated for 3 hours without the cheese mold coming back to life).
You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>people think i'm pretentious because i like to eat cheese on crackers with wine

nigger fuck you that shit is delicious
>>
>>7074761
It's pretentious when you describe "your perfect evening" (only pretentious people say "evening) as sitting by a fire, in an armchair, with a glass of wine, snacking on cheese and crackers, "curled up with a good book" (another expression pretentious people use)
bonus points for mentioning tea
>>
I was like this with a lot of things. Saurkraut, beer, baugna caulda, dark green veg and strong cheeses. Now I like all of these gradually more and more and by now love them above most things. I thought it was weird but honestly I'm kind of glad, I like newly discovering shit. I also have always LOATHED onions and while I still don't like them I gradually am becoming alright with them.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I used to adore asparagus as a child and hate it more and more.
>>
>>7074562
>>7074502
bruh what the fuck are you talking about? Is this the return of the methposting anon?
>>
>>7074791
What the fuck is wrong with using evening? I can't think of another word to use instead.
>>
>>7073968
Fried starch is much worse for you than cheese fat
>>
>>7074791
b-but what if I really do like sitting around by my space heater eating good cheese and drinking good wine and tea while I browse 4chan and play vidya ;~;
HOW can it be 'pretentious' if it's just, like, true? maaan

unrelatedly, I bought triple cream brie and fresh mozzarella today. the latter will go into pic related.
>>
Gyuyere best cheese
>>
I love cheese, I just somehow became lactose intolerant.
Why was I chosen to suffer?
>>
>>7073950
Problem is American cheese is literally disgusting
>>
>>7075165
You've never been to America.
>>
>>7073950
There can't be a single person that doesn't like every single type of cheese, they're so different.
>>
My brother doesn't eat dairy at all and starts to act like an autist if we accidently put dairy in his food. He's not on a diet or anything like that but literally hates the idea of it?

He once got so stoned that he ate a whole cheese pizza in the fridge so I don't really know.
>>
>>7075167
I lived there for 2 years
>>
>>7075165

American cheese is only good on burgers. Otherwise it's complete crap.
>>
I don't eat cheese (or any dairy) because it's bad for my skin. But it really is delicious.
>>
File: cheese apricot.jpg (22 KB, 429x317) Image search: [Google]
cheese apricot.jpg
22 KB, 429x317
>>7073950

> cranberry white stilton

Is this only available in the UK?

I've tried cranberry white cheddar (Jim's Cheese, out of Waterloo Wisconsin) but it was pretty thin on the cranberries and quite expensive ($6 for 7.5oz) and I've tried white cheddar with Michigan cherries (from a cheese place in Pinconning) but it was overly sweet for my taste and didn't have much cherry in it (and was even more expensive).

Still trying to locate (here in metro Detroit) some white stilton or white cheddar with apricots.
>>
>>7075676

Also, my new favorite cheese for ham sandwiches, though it MUST be cut super thin, or it overwhelms everything else.
>>
>>7075157
Look into lactase enzyme tablets
>>
>body is only lactose intolerant when it feels like it

>eating dairy is like rolling a dice to get one of three outcomes
>get liquid shits
>get constipated
>nothing happens

>eat ton of cheese one day
>nothing happens
>eat a little cheese a few days later
>end up on toilet
>>
>>7075676
>Is this only available in the UK?
Wegmans has a display case full of it near the front door.

The one in Columbia, MD does anyway. I think i saw the apricot white stilton in one of the big display cases.
>>
>>7074021
Not all. It depends on the milk, the bacteria and the process. Parmigiano is basically lactose free, mozarella or cheddar have some. There's less than in milk though.
>>
>>7074565
>Wensleydale is dry and has an odd sour taste.
Most Wensleydale is sold quite young, giving it that sour taste. A properly matured one is much nicer, but they're quite hard to find as the creamery doesn't make nearly so much. (Why store the cheese for months when so many stupid idiots will buy all you can make while the cheese is young?)
>>
>>7074565
I bought some apricot white Stilton from Trader Joe's recently. I like the fruitiness, but the cheese itself has a plasticky aftertaste that I dislike. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with the cheese or my palate.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.