[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw there are people in the world who eat 'desert'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
tfw there are people in the world who eat 'desert' with every meal except breakfast.
tfw there are people who require snacks
tfw humans exist who drink soda daily.
what does it feel like being a weak-willed twelve-year old, ck?
>>
File: 1445260363477.png (15 KB, 160x169) Image search: [Google]
1445260363477.png
15 KB, 160x169
>what does it feel like being a weak-willed twelve-year old
it's okay
>>
File: magnus-nilssen-620x827.jpg (175 KB, 620x827) Image search: [Google]
magnus-nilssen-620x827.jpg
175 KB, 620x827
>>7073613
>eat 'desert'
is that some kind of scandinavian molecular gastronomy thing? like edible sand made of dehydrated PX sherry and realistic tiny cacti that are actually small sea creatures that are still alive, trapped in a shell of crystallized steam?
>>
>>7073613
My gf's sister does this & she's morbidly obese.
The exact definition of Amerifat
Fridge full of low fat/diet/gluten free bullshit & a freezer full of ice cream
Drinks big gulps of diet coke daily & must get an appetizer, sometimes 2 with every meal plus a dessert. Usually a giant slice of cheesecake
Yet she can't understand why she keeps gaining weight instead of losing it
>>
File: _20151025_190954.jpg (54 KB, 565x482) Image search: [Google]
_20151025_190954.jpg
54 KB, 565x482
> tfw there are people that actually need to drink coffee because their lives are so bad
>>
>>7073613
>lol dis nigga doesn't like eating food
I feel sorry for you m8. Its sad that you made this thread really
>>
>>7073613
tfw there are people in the word who don't know how to spell the word "dessert"
tfw there are people who dont eat the exact same 3 meals as me every day
tfw there are people who eat smaller healthier meals throughout the day and call them snacks to speed up metabolism
tfw some humans don't eat and drink entirely healthy and we should chastise them for it

good bait though, well meme'd
>>
>>7073613
>what does it feel like being a weak-willed twelve-year old, ck?

Fat...probably.
>>
>>7073649
this sounds kinda like a cool concept
>>
>>7073613
>there are people in the world who eat 'desert' with every meal except breakfast.
What would make a good breakfast dessert?
>>
>what does it feel like being a weak-willed twelve-year old, ck?
just wait 2 or 3 years and you'll find out
>>
>>7073732
Fruit with fresh whipped cream.

A sliced banana with shaved dark chocolate on top

Well shit... now that I think about it, so much breakfast food is sweet that it can be considered dessert. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and toast aside: Fruit smoothies, yogurt+honey, donuts could all make for decent desserts on their own (and often are in other countries).
>>
>>7073746
you're not wrong.
most cereals are sweet as fuck, even commercial muesli has added sugar.
>>
>tfw there are people in the world who eat 'desert' Not here
>tfw there are people who require snacks
I work physical labor, so I usually have a snack. Lately pizza combos
>tfw humans exist who drink soda daily.
I only drink soda when I eat out which is about once a week. I do drink iced tea daily though.
>>
>>7073732
Monkey bread
Cinnamon rolls
Most pastries
>>
I eat one piece of fruit after breakfast and treat it as dessert
>>
breakfast is weird. where i'm from, it feels like the only options are greasy diner fuckplate-style creations, or something way too sweet (smoothie, cereal, etc).
i just require something to prevent the coffee from ruining my guts at 6am. lately it's homemade plain yogurt and some mixed nuts
>>
>Tfw there are people who can't eat whatever they want without activating hambeast mode.

I feel sorry for them.
>>
>>7074895
why? Because you have the appetite of a four year old girl?
Eating like a bird at nothing to feel proud of.
>>
>there are people who care about how other people eat
>>
File: 1305689417269.jpg (71 KB, 720x659) Image search: [Google]
1305689417269.jpg
71 KB, 720x659
>there are people
>they do things i don't like
>it makes me so mad
>post about my frustration anonymously on the internet
>>
>>7076477
That about sums it up.
>>
>>7076477
You know people doing things you dislike can affect you right?
>>
>>7073613
>desert
I don't even do any of those things, yet somehow, you're the real fucking moron here.
>>
I can just picture the manchild lardbeasts sputtering their hfc syrup beverages in rage at this thread before wiping the Oreo crumbs on their shirt in preparation of defending their childish lifestyle
>>
>>7073665
This so much. It's sad that people have to have coffee to drag on their day. Being that out of shape is sad
>>
To me this is a result of what's for sale at supermarkets. People set their baseline for what's normal by what they see for sale in an everyday situation, and for most Americans that's what's at the supermarket. But most of what's for sale at the supermarket is garbage no one needs. There are entire aisles of soda, snack foods (including snack cakes), breakfast cereals and candy. Freezers full of ice cream and heat and eat meals (which are more often than not junk food posing as proper meals, like Hot Pockets). And because this is what people see when they go shopping this is what they consider normal. It doesn't even dawn on them that not only are these foods pretty awful, but a diet of them is very likely to wreck your health. They just toss the Cheez-Its into their cart, because if that shit was really bad for you how come everybody else eats it and seems fine? Better grab a couple 2 liter bottles of soda while we're here, too. And we need some snacks for watching the football game.

For many working Americans all their food comes from the supermarket, and much of their leisure time is spent consuming it in front of the television. Of course that shit will make you blow up like a balloon. My brother and his wife live like this, they're both obese and breathe as heavy as Simply Sara. I've seen my brother break a sweat just walking to the kitchen for more snacks and another beer while watching a football game.

It's depressing as fuck.
>>
>>7076734
u dropped ur fedora senpai
>>
>>7076734
ugh. relatives dying of fat, getting bigger every time we get together for a holiday,

that's some sad and angry-making shit
>>
>>7076483
yeah, it can make spergs act more like assholes than usual.
>>
>>7074895
This so much. I can eat junkfood every evening because i will burn it the other day.
>>
>>7076753
>>7075846
Found the fatty
>>
A buddy of mine exclusively drinks soda and coffee

like, that is essentially the only source of hydration for him; coke, rootbeer, coffee and sometimes canada dry I think. I've seen a big pack of water bottles in his apartment but I've never actually seen him drink one.

skinny as a motherfucking rail though. probably sitting around 3% body fat.
>>
>>7076840
Nobody in my family has ever been fat

Sorry about your brother and wife
>>
>>7076770
More like frustrating. You want to do something to help, but they already know what they ought to be doing. They have exercise equipment. They know how to cook healthy meals, but they also know everything tastes better with bacon. They know they shouldn't spend countless hours snacking in front of the TV. They know their portion sizes are obscene, but the get grumpy and unhappy when they're hungry.

There's nothing you can tell them that they don't already know. They're trapped by inertia, and grasping at straws, like thinking a few thousand steps a day on their Fit Bits translates to some meaningful progress toward losing weight. So let's have sausage, eggs and toast for breakfast.

I almost understand people who compare morbid obesity to addiction. Watching them sit on the couch stuffing their faces while wheezing isn't all that different from watching someone do heroin or drinking themselves to death over a period of years. It's fucking depressing.

And the worst part is they don't see what they're doing as particularly out of the "normal" range.
>>
>>7076855
What kind of insult is this supposed to be?
>>
>>7076847
Coffee? I thought caffeine was a diuretic.
>>
>>7073649
Sand is a good salt substitute

Especially if you're on the beach

Bit grainy though
>>
>>7076880
You might want to spend a little less time on 4chan senpai. Not everything falls neatly into the official /b/ sanctioned categories of "trolling", "insults", "copypasta", and "memes".
>>
>>7073649
>tiny shell of crystalized steam

Lol

Also, i like that guy in your pic. Hes a cool dude
>>
>>7073665
>>7076516
Caffeine is an enhancing stimulant. People drink it for the added effect, not because they necessarily "need" it.

Or let me guess, the only sustenance you indulge in is from food and anything beyond that is degenerate?
>>
>>7076468
Well yea, when taxpayer money has to be spent on healthcare for disgusting obese monsters instead of things like education, people are going to care.
>>
>>7073613
I don't know brah, you tell me. You have to be 18 or older to post tho so try not to get banned first!
>>
>>7076887
Are you okay friend?
>>
>>7076914
I'm not your friend bro
>>
>>7076900
>getting this defensive when people put down caffeine addicts
That's sad bro. It's like how some alcoholics defend their own habit by saying that they don't need it, yet they still drink every day, and will never stop. The only way to prove that you DON'T need your drug is to stop using it for a prolonged period of time. And both you and I know that you can't do that
>>
>>7076906
Guy with obese bro and SiL replying. They both have health insurance. Here's the wild thing: their doctors just give them pills to take, and tell them they're fine.

So as far as I can tell doctors have no incentive to discourage obesity because it's making money for them and the pharmaceutical industry. These folks are actually good for business. You're wheezing? Have an inhaler.

Obesity has become a money maker.
>>
>there are people who add sugar to fruit, fruit pies and fruit smoothies.

What the fuck.
>>
>>7076946
Depends what country you are in I guess, we have a national health service here funded by the taxpayers and obesity costs us billions every year.
>>
>>7076958
Living in the US it's kinda the opposite. Our health system is for profit, so there's money to be made from sick people, especially selling them medicines at prices that are pretty much unregulated.

I've hung out in countries with national healthcare systems: Canada, Australia, the UK. Biggest thing I noticed right away was that cigarettes were expensive as fuck. Alcohol, too, compared to the US. Because when taxpayer dollars pay for the healthcare you really want to discourage smoking and excessive drinking.

My guess is if the US ever decided to join the rest of the civilized world and adopt a national healthcare system the first things you'd see would be huge taxes on tobacco and booze. Probably followed by a nationwide campaign against obesity.
>>
>>7076994
I've always wondered why these systems just don't charge those who experience health issues from smoking, alcoholism, and over eating more but at the same time providing services to help those people kick their habits?

That way everyone can do what they want and if your life style creates excessive healthcare costs then your stuck with the bill but always have a way out if you want to try.
>>
>>7073613
>humans exist who drink soda daily

I got addicted to acid type foods and drink

I counter it by putting pickle juice on a salad. Are there any health acid drinks?
>>
>>7077012
*acidic
>>
File: wut.jpg (47 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
47 KB, 750x750
>Brother is obese
>Pretty much entirely because of sugar
>Most people have 1 container in their kitchen for sugar
>They use this sugar for tea, coffee, baking etc
>Brother has more than 20 (don't know exact number) pots for sugar
>Each one has a 'new sugary twist'
>He only uses them for adding to coffee
>Examples of pots include
>'sugar and chocolate chips' which is obviously chocolate chips mixed into the sugar
>'sugar and pasta' which is sugar and raw chunks of pasta (he says it cooks in the coffee)
>'sugar and breadcrumbs'
>'sugar and salt'
>'sugar and peanuts'
>'sugar and coco powder'
>he puts labels on them
>considers himself the 'Ben and Jerry' of the sugar world with his 'creative flavours'
>he actually has these with his fucking coffee
>tfw he wonders why he is fat
>>
>>7077010
>I've always wondered why these systems just don't charge those who experience health issues from smoking, alcoholism, and over eating more but at the same time providing services to help those people kick their habits?
In a for profit system bad habits are money makers. You know how much money oncologists make selling cancer drugs in the US? It's unbelievable.

In countries with national health care systems they just tax the fuck out of tobacco and booze to make up the difference.
>>
>>7077030
>'sugar and breadcrumbs'
>'sugar and pasta'

holy shit
>>
File: 1446506616421.png (4 KB, 306x290) Image search: [Google]
1446506616421.png
4 KB, 306x290
>>7076928
Yes I'm a caffeine fiend. I have no issue with it and my life is not affected.
>>
>>7076734
I think cost also plays a huge role. Cheap shitty unhealthy food cost less because, well, it's made from cheap shitty (and usually unhealthy) ingredients and loaded with filler and tonnes of salt so it can stay on a shelf longer.

Buying good food (and I'm not talking organic crap, just basic grown in pesticide GM vegetables) is way more expensive than buying a box of Mac N' Cheese, lean healthy cuts of meat are twice the price of the fattier ones, etc.

No idea how to solve that problem. Good things cost more, and outlawing cheap shitty food is a little too nanny-state.
>>
File: tmp_K7qSFkQ217963815.jpg (19 KB, 403x316) Image search: [Google]
tmp_K7qSFkQ217963815.jpg
19 KB, 403x316
>tfw there are people in the world who eat

What does it feel like being a sack of meat?
>>
how many of yall like something sweet with breakfast

fruit, toast with jam, a pastry and coffee

i feel like breakfast is the only meal where i get to have a nice balance between savory and sweet
>>
>>7077143
Sometimes I crave a nice pastry with my coffee. Can't help it.
>>
>>7073613
Fuck you asshole, I like having a cookie with my sandwich at lunch and fuck you some of us live active lifestyles that require snacks. Soda should be an every once in a while thing. Nice trolling faggot
>>
File: 1440107321876.png (18 KB, 641x573) Image search: [Google]
1440107321876.png
18 KB, 641x573
>>7077098
I wonder how breading meat with sugar and breadcrumbs would taste
>>
>>7077105
>Cheap shitty unhealthy food cost less because, well, it's made from cheap shitty (and usually unhealthy) ingredients and loaded with filler and tonnes of salt so it can stay on a shelf longer.
That's not entirely true. That shit is also heavily government subsidized in the form of tax breaks and favorable legislation to agribusiness industries that grow and process this crap. Which keeps the price of it artificially low.

When you think about it it's pretty fucked up that HFCS is government subsidized, but "specialty produce" (any vegetable you'd actually eat) is not. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

>outlawing cheap shitty food is a little too nanny-state.
I agree. But subsidizing it it a fucking crime. Why not take all the fucking tax breaks and incentives Monsanto, Cargill and their ilk get and give them to farmers who grow vegetables people actually eat? That might be a good start.
>>
>>7073613
i drink like 2-3 cans of diet soda a day. what's the problem?
>>
>>7076916
I'm not your bro, pal
>>
>>7073613
>tfw too lazy to cook
>tfw can either order my caloric limit in junk food and be hungry later or go buy groceries and cook (I like soups and want to make the broth from scratch).

>tfw since living at home in an Amerifat family the fridge is full of junk and it's cost inefficient to buy everything the recipe calls for ($15-20 since I can't purchase everything on a per-serving basis)

So it ends up, until I make the first purchase of groceries, being both cheaper and more efficient to get Taco Bell, but since I'm actually sticking to a caloric limit, it's way less filling to get Taco Bell.
>>
>>7077439
Been there. Fairly over-weight until I moved out and finally started eating right.

Sounds stupid, but just not having unhealthy stuff in your place makes a huge difference.

Go for things that are high in fibre because they are way more filling. Black/turtle beans and brown rice are ultra cheap, and a little goes a long way. They arn't low in calories, but they are very good for you, and you end up eating less because you feel full quicker. Go with whole wheat where possible too (whole wheat bread, pasta, etc) for the same reason.

That said, you really can't avoid the cost of eating healthier as >>7077105 said. Food that's better for you tends to cost more, and ultra-unhealthy calorie high food is everywhere and ultra-cheap.

I tended to buy a box of frozen chicken (crappy stuff, barely any flavour, but all the nutritional values were good) for like $18 for 8 pieces, a bag of frozen vegetables ($4 or $5 and get about 4 meals out of it) plus a bag of brown rice (ultra cheap, get a tonne of meals out of it) and a can of turtle beans. Cover the chicken in various spices and/or sauces, and you've got a decent and reasonably healthy meal at about $4 a meal, plus it all keeps forever.
>>
>>7077487
>Food that's better for you tends to cost more,
Utter fallacy.
>>
>>7077513
Explain.

Not saying there arn't exceptions, beans and rice are ultra cheap as I said, but fish and fresh veggies and meat tends to be pricey, especially when you can get 4 taco bell taco's for like $5.

I just bought some extra lean ground beef, costs literally twice as much as the regular ground beef. Not saying this doesn't make sense or isn't fair, just that it's a reality.
>>
>>7073613
Dated a girl after highschool and knew things were going to go bad when she would forego finishing the main dish (usually really good stuff) and claim to be full but then order a piece of cake for dessert. I called it off and now she's fat and lonely. Moral of the story is that only fatties order dessert. Prove me wrong
>>
>>7077530
I can make a day's worth of healthy food for $5. The downside is that it will all be vegetarian, and I'll spend over an hour in the kitchen doing it, but it can be done:

breakfast: oatmeal with toasted walnuts. cost: 75 cents (nuts are expensive)

lunch: bean tacos with salsa served with sliced radish and cucumber. cost: $1.50 (max)

dinner: rajma (kidney bean curry) with Basmati rice and collard greens cooked in onion, garlic, ginger and hot pepper. cost: $2.75

This means buying shit in bulk and cooking most of it from scratch (except the tortillas). But if you've got the time, like banging around in the kitchen and don't mind a few vegetarian days here and there eating healthy can be cheaper than even Taco Bell.
>>
>people actually drink alcohol
>>
>>7073732
Bread pudding made from French toast or cinnamon roll-style donuts
>>
>>7073613
something sweet after every meal was common back in the day. People don't take time for it anymore
>>
>>7080333
What's wrong with drinking alcohol?
>>
I seldom do dessert, but my kids and I will do dessert for breakfast a few times a year, like leftover birthday cake and ice cream, or leftover holiday pie or cookies.

If the kids are gonna do sugar, better they do it in the earlier part of the day to burn it off, plus they think they are getting such a treat.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.