[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend just got a new job so I'm ready to spend ~$200
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
My girlfriend just got a new job so I'm ready to spend ~$200 tonight at dinner. I live in Boston, where should we go? I was just thinking Top of the Hub for the view but I'm open for any other suggestions. I'd love some A5 steak.
>>
fuck you, go shove some steamers up your asses
>>
>>7073526
It's ok dude, you can't go full sperg every time someone mentions their girlfriend
>>
take her to a Michelin starred place or something
>>
>>7073562
cont..
although if shes not interested in fine dining then its probably not worth it. you dont need to drop a bunch of cash to show youre happy for her
>>
>>7073566

Yeah I know, I set $200 as the upper bounds of what I'm willing to spend, but we've been to some great places that barely touched $80 so really I'm just looking for an awesome restaurant. She appreciates and acknowledges good food but I doubt she'd recognize the weight of a Michelin star
>>
>>7073517
Filthy wagekek beta provider
>>
>>7073572
U are a beta idiot provider. Why are u so normie scum?
>>
>>7073579

Because life is a happiness competition between you and all the other "people" that you can't even prove exist. I'll follow social norms and play the money game because it provides me with the brain chemicals that my consciousness seems to like so much. You guys are wasting your time by pretending that society is the thing that's wrong and not you. None of that even matters. You have finite time here in life so if you're not constantly pursuing happiness then you're just wasting your time, but really you're wasting my time.
>>
>>7073572
Hmm idk. Last time i did something for a girl it was our first valentines day and we went to a nice set menu valentines special dinner, we got seated in a private ballroom for some reason which turned out great because we had live music playing, it must have been like 150 i cant remember. After that we went to a nice champagne bar and got a bottle and just talked. It was really nice, just do something she likes and treat her extra special for the night.
Ive never been to boston and i know nothing about the food scene so i can recommend anything other than doing something she would like
>>
>>7073593
Pursuing happiness its not to throw away your money with gf. Cheer her sincerely instead of faking emotion in a dinner. Or better gift her a memorybor candies. And people like you like wasting money
>>
>>7073614

I waste money that I allocate for wasting. And it's not "waste" if it makes you happy. If my girlfriend got more out of me than I get out of her, I wouldn't be with her. I like making her happy and she likes making me happy, you know, like a real couple.
>>
>>7073621
Hahaha you arevso naive. Enjoy your wasted money
>>
>>7073614
>>7073624
youre strange and sad
>>
>>7073624

You only think I'm naive because you're jaded as fuck. People can be frivolously happy without nitpicking everything. Honestly, if you yourself were happy then you wouldn't give a fuck about how I spend my money.
>>
Go fuck yourself OP.
>>
>>7073624
Stay mad, poor fag
>>
Just buy $200 of McNuggets and chow down
>>
>>7073653
Why reply to robots?
>>
>>7073699

can't be having them walking around all day feeling smug about themselves just because they feel they got the last word in
>>
http://www.puritancambridge.com/

This place looks pretty good. I'm pretty frugal and haven't been to too many fancy places. Wherever you go, if you're planning on going tonight, you better be setting reservations now.
>>
If she has new income why isn't she paying? When I got my first professional job I took my parents out to a very fancy dinner
>>
>>7073739
It's not her first job, we both have money. I'm taking her out to congratulate her.
>>
>>7073754
I don't know man.

If I got a new job, I treat my friends and family to celebrate.
>>
>>7073754
You still got it backwards. When something good happens you treat others rather than have others treat you. If you win the lottery do you expect people to give you gifts?
>>
>>7073517
L'Espalier
Mooo
Abe & Louie's
>>
>>7073833
thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
We ended up at Puritan and company in inman square. I got "wagyu" tri tip with marrow risotto and she got some root veggie pasta dish, both super good
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7074851

Toffee pudding for desert
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Then laser daft punk at the museum of science:)
>>
take her to a fine dining restaurant and have her pay for it since she should be treating you, dumb omega
>>
OP, you're doing well. Ignore the angry robots and flyovers.

True cu/ck/s are only trolled if you asked "should I take my gf to Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, or Sizzler?"

But since you want to take her somewhere actually decent, it shows that you respect your money, respect yourself, and respect her. So I hope you find a good place near you.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.