[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a food/ingredient that everyone usually loves but you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: mushrooms.jpg (386 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
mushrooms.jpg
386 KB, 849x565
Is there a food/ingredient that everyone usually loves but you can't stand? I just can't eat mushrooms. I've tried. The texture is the worst, flavor make me wanna vomit. Tomatoes are a big one too. Any sandwich that has tomatoes has to be completely thrown away. Even if I remove the tomato the juice leaks onto the sandwich completely ruining it.
>>
Anything spicy. If I wanted my mouth and ass on fire I'd use a blowtorch
>>
>>7073082
I love the taste of mushrooms, but the texture makes me hurl. Properly blended mushroom soup for instance is no problem. But if I feel the tiniest bit I need all my willpower to not throw up.
>>
File: 1442610155918.jpg (91 KB, 332x252) Image search: [Google]
1442610155918.jpg
91 KB, 332x252
>itt: babby mouths.

I bet you'll cowards don't even eat viper flavor ice cream.
>>
>>7073082

ITT FAGS

mushrooms are great. sure the texture can sometimes be "gay" but w/e. stop being a pussy they taste great especially when hidden.
>>
>>7073090

spice is life
>>
>>7073082
you should just end yourself, this is why you feed your kids many things and don't raise them on hot dogs and mac and cheese
>>
>>7073103
I like the taste of them used in things like sauces but staight up eating tomatoes or mushroom is gross.
>>
Olives

Ironic that I fucking love olive oil.
>>
File: manhattan.jpg (111 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
manhattan.jpg
111 KB, 500x248
>>7073082

this is now a picky eater thread
>>
>>7073082
Tomatoes

Can only have them in sauce form
>>
I too hate mushrooms I won't even eat quorn because it has mushrooms. I also dislike onions, but they are in everything so if I'm cooking I usually use half what the recipe calls for and dice them mofos up fine
>>
>>7073082
You sound like a 5 year old girl.
>>
>>7073082
>Even if I remove the tomato the juice leaks onto the sandwich completely ruining it.
Tomatoes which are not heirloom, farmer's market variety have been shitty for 2 decades. New tomatoes like "Tasti-Lee" taste as they should, and if you had a previous aversion to tomatoes, such as barely ripe, bitter paperthin slice shoved onto a burger at a chain, then you might enjoy giving them another shot. Enjoy them salted, and eaten with knife and fork or with a good amount of salty fresh mozz and drizzle of balsamic in a caprese. Chill them down and puree in a spicy gazpacho with lots of great cucumber and splash of lemon.

Mushrooms I get the texture thing people have going on with that, but a grilled one, raw one versus something that was canned/soggy, absorbed in a chinese soup.....huge difference. Give me a plate of garlic flecked pan browned mushrooms, or roasted caps, or whole mushrooms between shishkabob skewers next to filet with all the juices. Oh man, heaven! Balsamic glazed portobello sandwich with grilled ripe pepper, grilled red onion, fontina and a garlic aioli.
>>
>>7073439
>morels in cheese sauce
>>
just eat your hotpockets OP
>>
>>7073439
>drizzle of balsamic in a caprese
>Balsamic glazed portobello
Fatty detected
>>
>>7073473
>Fatty detected
Because vinegar has fat and calories? Sounds to me like a dummy is detected.
>>
>>7073474
>dummy

They're called Americans
>>
The taste is great, I just cant eat them because I get so weirded out that what I'm eating is kind of like a plant and kind of like an animal. I just think the taste is so similar to mixing a vegetable with meat. Hopefully I'll get over it eventually.
>>
Nothing smells or tastes better than sauteed mushrooms and onions.
>>
>>7073514
That's what I like about them. They're 'meaty'.
>>
>>7073082
I was went to a friends house the other night. He's a bitch like you. He fed his kids nuggies and fries. I felt bad for them and it stunk in there.
>>
>>7073474
because balsamic vinegar is just a blast of sugar
>>
>>7073082
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>7073082
I used to hate mushrooms as well, now they kinda grow on to me. for me the worst ingredient there is, is either shrimp or coconut
>>
>ooohhh me no likey dis makes me wanna puuke bo hoo gross can't look at it oooooh ooooh

Fag.
>>
I hate bread that's been frozen. People should not eat nor serve bread which has been frozen. This includes pizza dough unless it has been cooked till it's burnt.
>>
>>7073082
I have never met another person that dislikes cucumber, but I fucking hate the stuff.
>>
File: 1433175196122.gif (2 MB, 400x337) Image search: [Google]
1433175196122.gif
2 MB, 400x337
>>7073481
>Edgemotron r9001 here
>>
>>7073082
I cant stand sweetness. I would truely have to be starving before i would eat a cupcake.
I also think that cooked fruits other than tomato sauce Is nasty. How could you prefer a baked cherry or Apple over a cool fresh one?
>>
I can't stand ribs. Fucking annoying to prep and messy to eat.
>>
>>7073773

I don't believe you.
>>
>>7073698
I actually hated it for years until I dated this Persian girl who was all about them. I kind of grew to tolerate them, but I still don't full on like them.
>>
Squash

shit is nasty
>>
fish. seafood in general. sometimes i like shrimp.

beets disgust me. tastes like dirt.
>>
>>7073946
I went to Iran.
They love that shit with salt.

They would cut the skin off the cucumber, dip the knife in salt, then cut slots in the cucumber with the salted knife before eating it.
>>
>>7073965
>beets disgust me, tastes like dirt

Fucking wash them off before eating them then. Beets are the best root vegetable.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.