[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Homemade Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Dear /ck/,

I've recently started cooking and eating at home in an effort to eat BETTER and CHEAPER and one of the things on my lists of "must leanr how to make" is pizza.
How does one make pizza, /ck/? Please tell me how to make pizza: any and all discussion on sauces, dough, toppings or personal recipes would be appreciated and loved as I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Though if we're getting into specifics I'd REALLY love to learn how to make a PAN pizza since I have a fairly large skillet at home that I could make some pretty big pizzas with.

Thanks in advance.
>>
here ...,,,,, u go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAOgl-Sv09U
>>
pizza is one of the easiest things 'cause even if you fuck it up, it'll likely still taste good.

if the crust is too thin and crunchy? still good.
if the is really soft and fluffy? still good.
>>
>>7072806
my problem is always undercooked crust. pizza is seriously impossible without a stone.
>>
>>7072806
so you mean like new york pizza vs chicago pizza?
>>
>>7072809
pre bake it a bit to give the crust a head start
>>
File: foodwishes.jpg (118 KB, 995x671) Image search: [Google]
foodwishes.jpg
118 KB, 995x671
>>7072809

put the pizza on the floor/very bottom of your oven.

of course this only works if you have the type of oven with a smooth bottom. it won't work if you have exposed heating elements.
>>
>>7072816
>>7072817

Wait, wait- different anon coming into this conversation, but I've been told NOT to pre-heat the oven as this will cause the top to cook before the crust.

>>7072802
Thank you!
This actually lead me to this which I'll probably try:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCAPjIVOdJw
>>
>>7072821
Whoever told you not to preheat your oven is a fucking retard.
>>
>>7072817

That only works if you have the kind of oven that just heats from the bottom, and you preheat your sheet tray on the bottom first.

Better yet get a pizza stone...
>>
>>7072802
That's terrible, I mean you'll get pizza but it's just a shit recipe.

She's using a whole package of dry yeast on ~450 gram of flour and ~300 ml of water. There's also sugar in her dough which is just not needed.

Then she lets it rise at room temperature for 2 hours, the result is a slightly sweet dough that tastes yeasty and is not very aromatic.

Use less yeast, don't use sugar and let your dough rise for 8 hours to a couple days in the fridge.

>>7072817
Read your oven manual before you do that, mine says that putting stuff on the bottom will damage it but yours might be different.

>>7072821
>Wait, wait- different anon coming into this conversation, but I've been told NOT to pre-heat the oven as this will cause the top to cook before the crust.

Always preheat, commercial pizza ovens run at 350-480 degrees celsius. You're lucky if your oven can do more than 250c.

The top being done before the crust can be a problem but that's caused by not enough heat.

>>7072824
>Better yet get a pizza stone...
This or a baking steel, you can also preheat a baking sheet in the middle of your oven and then use a peel (or a cutting board, whatever you have on hand) to drop your pizza on the hot sheet.
Corn flour or semolina works well to prevent the pizza from getting stuck on your peel.
>>
>>7072853
I'll bet that's not the only thing about her that tastes yeasty
>>
File: 127193932971.gif (875 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
127193932971.gif
875 KB, 320x240
>>7072800
>Random words is all-caps
>can't figure out how to make pizza
>too autistic to use Google

I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
>>7072853
What are the benefits of rising the dough for so long? I want to try it but don't know if it' does worth it
>>
>>7072821
>Wait, wait- different anon coming into this conversation, but I've been told NOT to pre-heat the oven as this will cause the top to cook before the crust.

By whom?
>>
>>7072821
>but I've been told NOT to pre-heat the oven

Whoever told you that should be decapitated.
>>
Pt 1.
This is a pretty fucking simple process. Takes about 90+ minutes or so but it's fucking easy and worth it. Get yourself some yeast, Some Good flour, Fucking warm (but not too hot) water and some fucking honey. Activate the yeast packet in the warm water with a tbsp or two of some of that fucking delicious honey. Wait 5-10 minutes until it gets frothy. In the meantime put one cup of that flour in your bowl and mix it with a pinch of salt. Once your yeast is fucking activated stir that shit in with the flour. Gradually keep adding flour until it's too hard to stir with your motherfucking wooden spoon. Dust Flour on a clean surface such as a counter or wooden cutting board and put that fucking dough on there. Flour your hands and start kneading the dough. First start by stretching it away from you and folding it on itself. If it gets too sticky add some fucking flour, Just don't go too overboard. Eventually you'll start kneading it with two hands pushing forward and back with one hand and doing the same with the other. Knead this dough for 10 minutes at least. Your arms will probably get tired if you're not used to kneading dough but get over it. You're a grown ass man. You got this. Clean out that same bowl you initially mixed the dough in and put 1 tbsp of olive oil in there. Put your smooth supple dough into the bowl and roll it around in the oil. Cover that shit with a kitchen towel and leave it in a warm, dark place for an hour or until it doubles in size. Congratufcukinglations you just made some god damn pizza dough. From here on it's up to you. Heat up your oven as hot as it will go, At least 475 F. While it's preheating roll out your fucking dough and put it on a pizza pan. Make a nice crust and put some pizza sauce on that bitch, but not too much. I used the kind you get in a jar for a fucking dollar at walmart. Get yourself some Quality mozerella. Trust me it's fucking worth the 5 dollars, Don't cheap out on this part.
>>
>>7074066
Cont. slice or crumble up some of that fine ass cheese and blot it dry with a paper towel so your pizza doesn't get wet. Put as much as you want on there. It's your fucking pizza. Act like it. Add whatever fucking toppings you want, If it's a meat or some shit cook it in a frying pan most of the way and let it finish in the oven. You floured your pizza pan right? Put that shit in the oven for 7 minutes or until the crust is well done and your cheese is bubbling or however the fuck you like it. Take that shit out and don't burn your pussy ass mouth with that fucking delicious pizza.
>>
>>7074066
>warm (but not too hot) water

I'll just jump in and add:

In case anyone wants an set number, 110 f is perfect. Also happens to be my sink's hot water temp just as it starts coming out hot.
>>
>>7073575
This explains it better than I could and has photos, there is a big difference in taste and texture.
You can even skip the kneading stage with a cold fermented high hydration dough and still get good results.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/09/the-pizza-lab-how-long-should-i-let-my-dough-cold-ferment.html
>>
>>7074066
>Activate the yeast packet in the warm water with a tbsp or two of some of that fucking delicious honey

A poolish with just yeast, some floor and the water will achieve the same result.

You don't need to 'activate' yeast because modern ADY never fails, this isn't the 1920ies.
>>
>>7074066
What kind of mozzarella costs $5? I used buffalo mozzarella and even that only cost €2.
>>
>>7074099
It can cost upwards of 3 USD if you buy from those hipster markets.
>>
File: fl-chessentials-mozz.jpg (31 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
fl-chessentials-mozz.jpg
31 KB, 400x282
>>7074099
When burgers talk about Mozzarella pic related is what they mean.

The real stuff is more expensive over there than in Europe.
>>
>>7074111
I actually buy the mozzarella balls packed w/ a little water
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.