[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easy meals that require substantial cooking time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
So I've discovered something.
Since I moved out and started cooking on my own, I've come to find that instead of just getting up and grabbing some shit from the fridge after I've already satiated my real hunger, I will instead find that I'm thinking of cooking something else.
But once I start making something and I get it on the stove or in the oven, I'm really not thinking about trying anything else; Instead I just go do something else while I wait for it to cook.

So I figure, perhaps if I can find something relatively easy to make that I can just shove in an oven or something for an hour or more, I might be able to regulate my meals or time better than just with quick shit alone.

I want to test this idea out (and really, just feel like making anything any way because I'm bored and jobless, so I'll pretty much do anything that makes me feel like I'm productively doing or waiting for something).
Any ideas what kind of meal(s) that might be?
>>
roasts, stews, ragus, low and slow cooked meats

get into baking too, a cold fermented yeast dough is versatile and you can make anything from pizza to turkish pide to pastrys and breads with it
>>
get a slow cooker, fat ass
>>
>>7072083
/thread
>>
Chili if you want it to be really good. You need to simmer it for at least an hour.
>>
I think baking bread is right up your alley. try making pita bread.
>>
>>7072083
>>7072183
Yeah. I guess I could try baking again.
I did one time but that was just to make pizza dough and I fucked it up. Dough was too thick and it rose too much.
My mother told me I should've made it with the same amount the recipe called for which intimidated me away from baking for a while.

I guess I should get back to trying that.

Slow cooking also seems like a good idea.
I'll just try each of these ideas. Fuck it.
>>
>>7072072
that looks photoshopped
>>
>>7072215
I assure you its not.

That is a 100% accurate photograph of Ramsay without TV editing. He's far too kawaii for mainstream television.
They just can't handle it.
>>
>>7072072
You really sound lazy.

Anyway. Get a crockpot or just, ya know, stand by the stove while you stir your stuff? I know, it's a weird idea.
>>
>>7072212
>it rose too much.
roll it out thinner, and poke holes in the dough where the toppings and cheese will be.
>>
>>7072212
>I should've made it with the same amount the recipe called for
Baking is a lot easier if you simply follow the recipe, it takes a little bit of experience before you know what you can change and still get a good result.
>>
>>7072212
>Dough was too thick and it rose too much.

punch the dough down senpai. Worst case, pre-bake the dough slightly with a weight on top to stop it rising
>>
>>7072358
just don't use so much yeast

>>7072235
why would you ever get a crockpot unless you're some redditor who lives in a dorm or a house wife from the 1970ies?

use your stove and your oven like a civilized person
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.