[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
al/ck/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 695027.png (37 KB, 556x402) Image search: [Google]
695027.png
37 KB, 556x402
How ya holdin' up boys?
>>
>>7071450
haha
>>
not going to drink tonight
You hear me, booze?
>>
>>7071450
bought a half gallon of 80 proof vodka and four 32 oz. beers (5.9%) for $20

gonna try to make it last (i won't)
>>
>>7071496
I think I'm going to go to /co/ and see what new comics are out and instead of walking to the liquor store
>>
I live with my parents so I haven't had a drink in about a month. I could use a few drinks though. I try to hide my drinking but I often end up puking and my parents figure out pretty quick that I was drinking so they keep me monitored almost at all times. I need to get a job and get out on my own so I can drink again. but then again it makes life some what difficult because I drink too much. So I don't know
>>
I have a friend who just told me that he thinks he has gotten drunk every night since he turned 21 (he's a few months into being 22 now).

Is he an alcoholic? What can I do as his best friend?

I knew he drank a bit but I didn't think it was every night. We both turned 21 around the same time and for the first few months we hung out and drank a lot. Recently, I have been trying to lead a healthier lifestyle so I only drink 1-2 times a week max and I work out 5 days a week.
>>
I usually drink coors light or jack daniels with some sort of soda.
>>
just found out i might have hepatitis
>>
>>7071525
Good a reason to drink as any I suppose
>>
>>7071530

well my mom just died from the same thing last month. her liver failed. trying to not do that to my family.
>>
>>7071516
Drinking every day doesn't mean one is or is not an alcoholic.

What defines an alcoholic is whether or not they have an addiction, not how often one drinks. Does he get irritable or have any other reactions if he cannot have a drink for some reason? Does he exhibit withdrawal symptoms if he stops drinking? THOSE things define an alcoholic.
>>
>>7071516
You cant fix him
>>
>>7071511
Thanks for making all the worthless alcoholics feel better about themselves so early in an al/ck/ thread.
>>
>>7071544

I don't really know the answers to those questions and he may not either. Considering that he has a highly addictive personality it has me worried.

>>7071548
Probably not, but I can try to do something.
>>
>>7071548
But you can join him. Drinking alone is one of the signs of being an alcoholic, save him Anon, you're his only hope.
>>
>>7071558
>but I can try to do something.

Why would you try to do something when you don't even know if he has an honest problem or not?

Does he just have a drink or two a day or does he get full-on drunk every day?
>>
I ran out of vodka, so now I am drinking flavored rum. Life is sad.
>>
File: mars12.jpg (12 KB, 307x273) Image search: [Google]
mars12.jpg
12 KB, 307x273
>>7071544
>alcohol is freind
>have great fun
>then
>smash car
>lose job
>lose family
>get ticket
>lose health

>when alcohol becomes a "bad" friend, time to do some thinking
>>
If I drink moderately everyday, usually to stupor, but still am a productive member of society, am I still an alcoholic?
>>
>>7071564

You're right, I am not 100% positive, but I know him better than you. Fully addictive personality, smokes endlessly, drinks 10+ cups of coffee a day, the habit has seemed to transition to alcohol.

We go out two times a week, every week, with other friends and ever since he told me this I've been keeping an eye on his drinking and realize that he's drinking a lot. Just last night he made a semi-humorous comment about how he could have already been out of here if the check got home sooner to drink more beers.

Just assuming he DOES have a problem, what can I do? I thought that alcoholics would be the best people to ask what would actually make you at least consider stopping.
>>
>>7071585
Rhetorical question
>>
>>7071586

he has to want to help himself. he will probably hit rock bottom first.
>>
>>7071586
>You're right, I am not 100% positive, but I know him better than you

I'm sure you do know him better than I. But there is clearly doubt in your mind otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions in this thread.
>>
>>7071585
>moderately
>usually to stupor
which is it?

if it is the second one i'd say definitely.
>>
>>7071599
>>7071601

Lol, I'm done with you useless alcoholics. I'll talk to him, if he doesn't slow down the drinking I'll just cut contact with him. Thanks for absolutely no help whatsoever, have fun with your pathetic lives.
>>
>>7071610

I don't see any problem talking to the guy, but has he shown any different behavior since he's been drinking regularly? Kind of harsh to cut off a friend just because they drink
>>
>>7071558 split a tab of acid and talk about shit. I'm 100% serious
>>
>>7071610
>I'll just cut ties with him

I'm sure he won't drink away the depressive funk of losing a close friend. Try not to fuck his mother at the funeral.
>>
>>7071571
Running out of the preferred flavor sucks, man. Last week I had to drink a /beer/. Ugh. Nightmares.
>>
>>7071585
Anon just discovered that there is this thing in the world called a functional alcoholic.
>>
>>7071617

His drinking is making him a worse person. He gets angry easily when he's drunk, causes fights, is incredibly stubborn and ends up offending people without caring.

>>7071626
My job prohibits illegal drugs.

>>7071637
I've been there for him for years during all his bullshit that he caused himself. Why should I keep going out on a limb for him? You don't know even ten percent of the story.
>>
>>7071586
this guy is abrupt, but right: >>7071599

The attitude of most is that sobriety is for quitters. Each person has to experience losses until they reach bottom, defined by them. You can't save someone, they have to swim themselves out.

All you can do is be along, while trying to stay out of the path of damage. He will need someone to ask for help when the time comes.

And it will.
>>
>>7071645
But I know the 1 percent of the story that matters, and that's his gray matter splattered against the wall once he realizes he has nothing left, way to be a supportive friend, ya prick.
>>
>>7071525
Needles?
>>
To the guy wishing to speak to his friend about his drinking, please do.

I wish my friends would tell me to stop. I can't believe they don't know I drink a handle every two days. It's impossible not to know.

I wish someone would tell me, "Hey... You should probably not drink."
>>
>>7071585
I learned in alcoholics class that the key indicator is "loss of control". If you can stop when you want to stop you're ok.
>>
>>7071648
>>7071645
And I don't mean bailing him out of jail, or paying his bar tab. That is not the help he will ask for after bottom. And don't do those things, he will just take more and more.

The help he will need is the truth about what he's done and that he can fix it. You want to see the future, and decide whether you want to be part of it, find your local AA and go to a meeting. Anyone can just show up to most meetings. The private ones are posted as such. So if it doesn't say, just go. Watch and listen. If offered the chance, ask your questions. They will be happy to tell you the answers.
>>
>>7071648
I don't think he will hit rock-bottom for a few years. This is due to multiple factors, mainly his financial support system.He has experienced losses, one of which is quite significant, his first career path. I can also choose NOT to be along.
>>7071654
You truly don't know all of it that matters, this is just the tipping point. People who commit suicide are weak-minded fools (same with alcoholics).
>>
>>7071658
As a guy who has had friends tell him he drinks too much, it doesn't really do shit.

>Hey, Anon, maybe you shouldn't drink so much
>Fuck off Trevor, you don't blow me
>>
>>7071666
Then why are you friends with a weak minded fool? Kill him straight edged Ubermensch.
>>
>>7071656

No, just from drinking too much.
>>
>>7071669

Because he is highly intelligent. Smartest guy I know, but neuro-atypical brain comes with a number of flaws. He has no self-control, something I value highly.
>>
>>7071666
>will hit rock-bottom for a few years

That would be typical. The short-fused impatient tactic is to stage an intervention, but the success of that approach is mixed, and especially weak among younger people with little to lose emotionally. It works best with parents or spouses. People for whom loss of respect of a long time family is actually painful enough to carry them through the fuck this you all conspired and betrayed me stage.

So yeah, this is gonna take a while.
>>
god i fucking love getting drunk
>>
>>7071675
Oh man. That is the worst additional detail to this little drama there could be. Forget what I said. Don't bother visiting AA. Just drift away from him. For your own good.
>>
>>7071675
Yeah, you sound like a shitheel, maybe you're the reason this unlucky bastard drinks? I've had parasitic friends like you, worthless assholes, just never got attached to them.
>>
>>7071680
so do I, too bad my parents watch me like a hawk
>>
>>7071680
Shrinking the world down to an immediate piece of furniture and a warm sense of max comfy personal quietude right before all the volume knobs go to zero. Magnificent.
>>
>>7071687

No, and I am entirely positive I am not the reason he drinks. If anything, I'm probably the only source of 'good' in his life. He has actually told me that. It's not like I'm controlling him or something, he's stubborn as hell.
>>
>>7071691
you can get the same feeling with meditation but it is way harder
>>
>>7071696
So you're a manipulative woman? Got it.
>>
>>7071450
Not materially worse than yesterday. Almost time for the news.
>>
I wish I had some way to sneak some beer past my parents there's a convenience store nearby.
>>
>>7071723
Spirits are much more concealable. You could tape an outdoor pack of CC to your shin and no one would ever know it's there.
>>
>>7071699
>The horrifying sound of the inside of my head
>Trying to control the cacophony with transcendentalism alone

Alcohol is the only evidence of a benevolent God I accept.
>>
>>7071728
whats CC?
>>
Some kind of pink stuff in my fridge. I think its supposed to be champagne? My roommate is trying to 'expand his horizons' beyond Redd's. Poor dumb bastard. Goes good with chicken, at any rate.
>>
>>7071735
like I said, it's a lot harder. That's why I drink in the first place, to calm my thoughts and bring myself into the present moment

I don't really see it as a problem, my problem is getting myself to stop at a few drinks. The more I drink the lower my inhibitions get, the lower they get the more I like to drink, and the more I forget the fact that just because a bit of alcohol makes me feel good, doesn't mean that a lot of alcohol will make me feel even better

I'm still trying to work out that self control to be honest, but I am a lot better at it these days than I was about a year ago so thats good
>>
>>7071748
can confirm
>>
9.43 am here.

think ill have a shower then get stuck in.
>>
File: 80686821434.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
80686821434.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>7071739
>Damn right, your dad drank it.
>>
File: sat.jpg (6 KB, 165x305) Image search: [Google]
sat.jpg
6 KB, 165x305
nom
>>
>>7071680
it's the bees knees mane. i'm about to pour my first whisky of the evening. Cheers.
>>
>>7071680
+1
>>
>>7071779
>I'll get some bears in the morning
be careful
>>
>>7071756
My dad drinks Weller
>>
>>7071779
No anon, the bears will get you
>>
File: 4433.jpg (147 KB, 849x1151) Image search: [Google]
4433.jpg
147 KB, 849x1151
>>7071785
It's CC's current ad campaign slogan. The print spots are gorgeous. pic etc
>>
>>7071793
I drink CC and I'm just imagining that ad written for my future son.

>your mom was the first person that would fuck your dad
>he stayed in
>he got trips twice in one night
>he drank cocktails
>but they were cheap whiskey and tap water
>made with Canadian Club®
>served in a plastic cup
>they tasted bad
>but they staved off the shakes for another day
>damn right your dad drank it
>>
>>7071823
Shit, it's like a prophesy
>>
File: 20151113_152523.jpg (786 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151113_152523.jpg
786 KB, 2048x1152
Happy flask full of bourbon reporting in.
>>
>>7071851
how many ounces is your happy flask? It should say on the bottom.
>>
>>7071854
because that's how he likes it nothing wrong with chilling alcohol.
>>
>>7071859
7oz

>>7071854
I like it chilled.
>>
I am brasil man in united states and so long, just drink all the time. any help ideas?
>>
File: banned4chan.jpg (55 KB, 774x331) Image search: [Google]
banned4chan.jpg
55 KB, 774x331
>>7071862
Actually there is something wrong with chilling alcohol. Especially whiskey. Why? Because I fucking said so, and I know best.
>>
how common is it to use chewing gum as a chaser in a bar?

my friend told me to try it after we had 3 of the shittiest whiskey shots back to back.
>>
>>7071906
never heard of doing that before.
>>
>>7071910
Yeah me neither, it works pretty well though, try it sometime.
>>7071911
Limes with tequila are heavenly
>>
6 12oz coors light, I shall start on them at 6:30-7pm along with a half pack of Marlboro lights I will sit alone in the dark and enjoy these
>>
>>7071919
careful now
>>
>>7071779
be sure to post when you crack those bears open tomorrow so we can see if you survive
>>
>>7071645
Acid doesn't show up on drug tests
>>
>>7071823
My dad drank it and he was god damned Don Draper. I may be dead a month from now, but I am this decades diminished, but still possible, Don Draper. Damn right. Your dad drank it. That's why you are SO AWESOME
>>
File: IMAG0288.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0288.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
TFW student, was asked to go out by roommates but I hate going to clubs.
Just drinking shots from the blue cup and drinking cheap aldis vodka/rum for £15 a bottle.
>>
I drink recreationally, but that's not my main problem. A friend got me hooked on chewing tobacco when I was drunk and it stuck. Honestly this shit is harder to kick than booze. I keep trying to quit, then tell myself "ok, i'll stop after this tin", and like alcohol I keep saying I'll start stopping next week but end up buying more
>>
I'm a borderline alcoholic, but that's not my main problem. A friend got me hooked on chewing tobacco when I was drunk and it stuck. Honestly this shit is harder to kick than booze. I keep trying to quit, then tell myself "ok, i'll stop after this tin", and like alcohol I keep saying I'll start stopping next week but end up buying more
>>
>>7072201
>Those Unite Halls curtains
>>
File: image.jpg (729 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
729 KB, 2592x1936
For a mostly non-smoker like me that can smoke some mild prince or marlboro from time to time, what do you recommend to add to my whisky experience?

I sometimes smoke a Montecristo Club cigarillo when drinking by myself, but with friends it would be nice to offer and enjoy a decent cigar to go with the drink.. Thoughts?
>>
I'm done I quit this shit for good. I can't stand it anymore, the taste is too bitter now. I'll miss it for sure.
>>
>>7072298
lol
>>
File: 1432681268995.jpg (347 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1432681268995.jpg
347 KB, 1095x1195
spent the whole night drinking with a friend/shift manager and come home and boyfriend has fallen into fallout 4 and won't be back for weeks.
Guess it's time to start drinking again.
>>
I'm currently making my own vodka. sigh..
>>
good and bad. going through a handle every 2.5 nights which is bad
but I'm managing diet, exercising and taking Kudzu and liver support supplements to mitigate, which is working, which bot good but not bad, exactly.

However, I'm drunk as a lord and watching Fool Us marathon style, and that's good
>>
>>7072226
same thing with my diet startting romorrwo
>>
drunk on 4loko
>>
Had a really good system going the past few weeks where I'd only drink on friday and saturday. Even though I was going over my planned limit every week I was still containing it and have lost weight.
Been slowly slipping though. Even though it's saturday I had 12 beers on wednesday as well as yesterday which isn't good because my weekly limit is meant to be 12 anyway. Caught a cold from work last weekend too which I've been using as an excuse not to exercise.
Got a bottle of poverty-tier whiskey and a 6pack of cerveza because I have a lime left over from cooking.
The plan is to restart my efforts after work tomorrow because I've achieved too much to give up after one slip-up.
>>
>>7072447
weakling
>>
>>7072452
You won't get any objection from me. I don't blame my problems on anyone else though.
>>
>>7071450
>Reply
haven't had a drink since tuesday i think and i feel great
>>
>>7072447
>6pack of cerveza because I have a lime
I love this. I should buy more whiskey because I have glasses and ice
>>
>>7072482
i bought a fifth of Taaka vodka because I have no stomach or soul
>>
>>7072482
Haha, nah I've had an urge for ages and it was on special today. Was like the stars aligned.
>>
>>7071450
I love taking 1-2 tabs of lsd and taking down a good number of shots before the trip starts kicking in. When coupled with a few childhood friends, its even better, the laughter and good times are nonstop.

The physical dependence on alcohol is a strange dance indeed, still learning the motions of it. Trying my best to not get wrapped up in it though. Cheers
>>
>>7072232
Theyre great curtains actually, It blocks out sunlight very well so I can watch my chineese cartoons in complete darkness
>>
>>7071793
I'm dead as fuck
>>
just had 6 bottles of beer

is this considered alcoholism
>>
>>7072694
seek help
>>
>>7071691
I like you. Just settling into my loveseat as I turn down my Fleetwood Mack pandora and take a few heavy sips of my fifth, and certainly not last, gin and tonic. As a functional acoholic with work at 9:30, instead of 7:00, tomorrow morning I feel pretty damn good.
>>
File: 1426932179256.jpg (59 KB, 480x274) Image search: [Google]
1426932179256.jpg
59 KB, 480x274
>>7072522
Never tries LSD but I heard its not good to consume while drinking alcohol.
I wish I was a normalfag who could easily buy that shit, but instead I just drink myself to sleep everyday.
>>
>>7072751
you heard right. alcohol with any psychedelic is like taking off your shoes before running a marathon. defeats the purpose
>>
File: download (2).png (1 MB, 1324x745) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
1 MB, 1324x745
What do you guys like to listen to while drinking?
I normally listen to droney stuff like Boris or Sunn o or krautrock.
>>
File: 1422460285613.jpg (58 KB, 777x932) Image search: [Google]
1422460285613.jpg
58 KB, 777x932
>>7072967
o-ok
>>
>>7072751
I used to take acid almost every weekend and always drank while I was on it. The alcohol didn't really do much because you're wide awake from the trip but it did feel nice having cold beer or warming spirits going down your neck.
I had more fun just walking around the streets and parks and stuff though, booze isn't really going to do anything.
>>
>>7072963
I like banging stuff like Foamo

A good tune is TZU - Beginning Of The End
>>
>>7071626
Not him, but I fell really hard for the 'psychedelics will fix it' meme. Done shrooms and acid many times and never once had anything significant come from it. I was drunk by the next day every time. I felt like I didn't need the alcohol when I was tripping, but as soon as I sobered up, I realized why I needed it.
>>
I got caught with xanax and heroin two years ago and my parents got into AA really heavily and they fully drank the kool-aid.

I still pretend that I go because they think if I stop going I'm gonna relapse, and they'll stop talking to me. Can't ever drink around them or let them find out that I'm doing any kind of drug or I get the same deal. I don't live with them or rely on them, but I'd like to avoid being cut off if I can avoid it.

I go to the odd meeting now and then, but I think it's a little outdated. You can get a lot more benefit from a sober peer group and individual counseling than you can with AA.
>>
>>7072751
Darknet, no social interaction required. Basically impossible to get caught for it because it's literally a piece of paper. I've ordered like 4 sheets internationally, no issues.
>>
>>7073024
AA always seemed vaguely cult like to me

when I decided to cut down heavily about a year ago I decided that I would never give up drink entirely, just learn to moderate it

it takes longer and I have fallen off the wagon and gone on huge drinking sprees a few times but it is improving slowly
>>
>>7073019

psychedelic therapy is meant to be used in conjunction with trained therapists. If you drop acid without a plan or someone qualified to treat you when you're high, then all you'll be doing is getting high.
>>
>>7071525
Hep B I suppose?
>>
>had to put dog down yesterday
>sister shows up half way through day in tears
>somebody had kinapped her cat, starved it to death, detached every limb and then dumped it in her driveway
I'm going to drink myself to death today.
>>
>>7073084
what the fuck

does she have a stalker or something? that is fucked

also
>sisters cat dismembered
>then her brother drinks himself to death
think of her mate
>>
You're only wanting me to make drink more out of shame.
>>
>>7071450

4th day out of detox, not had a drink or any Alprazolam or Valium.

Sobriety is 100% anxiety and self loathing at an all time high. Now I have more money than I can spend, and the only 2 things I want are vodka and benzos.

All in all, could be better could be worse.
>>
>>7071680
Hell yeah buddy
>>
>>7071450

I usually have a couple of beers pretty much every night during the week and then hit it a bit harder over the weekend.

Lately I have been slipping and moved onto gin which is a lot easier to drink, so i am up to around half a bottle every night. Worst thing is I feel fine the next day so don't feel the need to stop.

I need to stamp this out before it gets out of control. Any tips?
>>
>>7073373
stop doing it
>>
>>7073365

I will, this is the only time I've actually wanted to get sober, been to many a detox and drank the day I got out, so this is going rather well desu.

My Dr gives 0 fucks, but now I finished a detox, it's a psychiatrist has to give me the script. I could get them on the street, but indian Valium and fake US Xanax is nothing compared to 100% Phara grade drugs.

>Look up tor browser
>Look up nucleus tor
>Buy bit coins
>Get 100% Pharm grade meds in the post.
>>
>>7073373
Stop buying gin?

I started doing that about ten years ago, got into gins and brandies and whiskies and such, started collecting, buying multiple bottles a week, going to different stores so the staff wouldn't think something was up.

I was like "I feel fine the next day" too, only thing is it creeps up on you. Little by little I'm showing up at 9:30, then 10, then 10:30, then sometimes I call out sick just because. But it's not alcoholism, no sir, I just didn't feel like going in that day. Fortunately watching a coworker's rapid descent into completely non-functional alcoholism snapped me out of it and I saw what was happening to me.

Been a lot better since I only allowed myself wine or beer. I still drink more than I should, but I'm waking up on time.
>>
>>7071450

>5:27pm

3 minutes boys.
>>
Just woke up and the first thing I notice is I'm already chugging down a bottle of whiskey.
>>
File: superpack.png (108 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
superpack.png
108 KB, 250x259
>>7071450

Got pic related Friday and after 24h it's about gone. Goddammit.
>>
>>7073588

Until?
>>
>>7074168

Until I can start drinking without feeling like an alcoholic again.
>>
>>7072715
Live that schedule. M-F Love it.

I had to work early outdoors this morning helping a friend and there was no time for coffee. So even though I had a pint and dram of whiskey last night, that's normal, so no effects from that. Now, though I have a pounding caffeine withdrawal headache. I think I know what to do about it, though.
>>
>>7072963
I scream Rush songs until I forget the words. Far Cry was born for benders.
>>
down to my target weight lads

cutting down does wonders i have to say
>>
>>7073588
Superb disciprine. I observe 6pm. Maybe it's a snobby east coast thing.
>>
>>7074206
relevant image is once again relevant
>>
>>7073641
I can bearly think of anything, sorry.
>>
>>7074261

I woke up today at 2pm and waited a mere 3 and a half hours to start drinking again...

10pm and I am 2 bottles of strong red wine deep. Will try and keep it below 3 bottles tonight.
>>
>>7074272
any limit is better than no limit
>>
70cl of gin gone tonight, and I don't feel too bad.

Might open some beers.

Hope you are all having a good one.
>>
ok so I'm in my dorm room and I have 8 beers but they're not chilled, they're at room temperature. I ain't gonna drink that shit like that. I have a cooler but no ice. I don't like to put ice cubes in beer either. Life sucks.
>>
>>7074407

If you are near a shop, they normally sell ice. While you are there you might as well buy a bottle of spirit and some mixer to pass the time.
>>
>>7074407
never gonna make it as an alcoholic
>>
>>7074407

After 2 or 3 it won't make a difference
>>
>>7074410
I think I'm gonna have to do that. I want to get really wasted tonight.
>>
>>7074407
>8 beers

thats like 1600 calories

you're going to get fat
>>
>>7074441
I normally drink 12 beers a day. So if I get fat I get fat. I'll deal with that later.
>>
>>7071988
Chirs youll come back from the dui call it a night
>>
File: 1442390776588.jpg (43 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1442390776588.jpg
43 KB, 500x669
>>7071450
My best friend from work died.
Got the phonecall yesterday afternoon. They wont tell us why or how.

>tfw tomorrow is first day back on shift and was looking forward to catching up...
>>
>>7074441
>>7074543
From memory a rough average is 170-180 per bottle. It's still a lot of calories but feels like stating the obvious.
>>
File: Canadian_Club.jpg (648 KB, 1698x3119) Image search: [Google]
Canadian_Club.jpg
648 KB, 1698x3119
SUNDAYFUNDAY
Who else is getting trashed and waiting for the panthers to crusssshhhhhhh?

pic related
>>
>>7076462

at what point do you get "almost drunk"?
>>
this is a really stupid question

but does alcohol actually have any "flavor" to it, in the beer? Or could you make almost any beer identical without alcohol in it?
>>
Spent £50 on pretty cheap wine this week, is that a lot? I only drank for 4 days.
>>
>>7076585
Alcohol doesn't taste like anything, if that's your question. Drinking alcohol is called ethanol. The flavor of the drink comes from the fermentation of the different ingredients. Alcohol is produced during the fermentation, but if you'd separate it from the rest, it would be flavorless.
>>
>>7076707

£5 is pretty much minimum price here. I go for the 14% stuff, 13.5% at a minimum.
>>
>>7076722
>predictable, industrial grape swill is what they're good at
Ftfy
Lindemans is pretty terrible in the grand scheme of things, but what's admirable about it is what's admirable about McDonalds. You know what you're getting and it's not gonna kill you.
>>
>>7076722

I just get whichever one is strong and is £5, they usually change it every week or so. I could get more for my money with box wine but I'm not drinking that shit. I think I've had Lindemans before it's nice, usually I get a Shiraz now.
>>
>>7076585
alcohol is a carrier of flavor just like fats in food.
So although high quality alcohol is almost flavorless theres a point to it besides getting you drunk.
>>
>>7076752
>better than many $20 bottles
that's kind of like saying olive garden is better than many restaurants twice the price
it doesn't really mean much except that businesses can exist that don't provide good value. it doesn't mean olive garden is actually a good restaurant

lindemans, like many other bulk brands, buys shit quality fruit and turns it into something drinkable via state of the art technology. It's something that wasn't possible 50 years ago, and there's something really cool about that. But it's still kind of gross from a certain angle
>>
File: 10ozGlass.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
10ozGlass.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>7076433
Honestly, I posted the original advice to get an outdoor pack, above, and I -- if forced by circumstance -- would drink my CC out of a child's sippy cup. I'd use a soup bowl and a spoon if that were all that were available.

Having said that, the snifter: really? No sturdy, huge could-double-as-a-deadly-weapon-if-necessary rocks glass available?
>>
>>7076858
Who's attacking you at your home when your trying to drink? Why not have a gun or knife with you?
>>
>>7076585
What those guys said, but also, alcohol provides the burn, the astringent tongue sensation. Without that, all the other sensate complexes we collectively refer to as "flavor" don't happen the same way at all.
>>
>>7076867
Who said I don't? A huge rocks glass is like the pocket sand of alcohol implements. Often effective on its own if aimed properly.

But sersly, tho, it's about the feel of the thing. "Hey kid - that helmet. Is it heavy?"
"Y-Yes."
"Then it's expensive. Put it away."
>>
>>7076867
Plus, let's face it - the group in this thread, intended audience anyway, is not the most steady handed bunch. None of us are cardio thoracic surgeons, I'm guessing.

Which is to say, it's going to get dropped sooner or later. Those fist full rocks glasses are, in general, made to survive. Mine have, 9 times out of ten. The weight makes them hit bottom first.
>>
>>7076930
Jurassic Park
>>
File: glASS-1.jpg (3 MB, 1767x2600) Image search: [Google]
glASS-1.jpg
3 MB, 1767x2600
>>7076858
It was just a Google pic. Of course I'm drinking from a proper whiskey glass
>>
File: JurassicParkIRHelmet.jpg (94 KB, 736x395) Image search: [Google]
JurassicParkIRHelmet.jpg
94 KB, 736x395
>>7076930
yeah
>>
>>7071723
Backpack you stupid nigga.
>>
>>7071723
Sneak it in your stomach.
>>
>>7071496
Jesus christ, are you me?
>>
Not well. Am even using heroin to escape alcohell and it's vile hangovers. As retarded as it sounds, after 21 years drinking go mad excess, I feel like dmack is giving some rest to some organs which alcohol wrecks. I feel like heroin is healthier right now than continuing to drink would have been.
Obviously this is a rerarded interim measure which has to stop, but my drinking is an emergency about to turn into a disaster. Its all I can do for now.
If I could legally grow my own weed I'd be free from booze overnight. But nope, looking at 14 years if I do that. It makes me genuinely HATE my government and the police.
Wish I could afford coke. So much safer and less addictive, buy holy fuck the price.
Lsd got me off booze for 4 days some time ago. Helped me to see my life objectively and see for the first time how to escape, but I feel like I'd need to use it maybe 5 or more times to really make that feeling last. Its too hard for me to get hold of, so that's out too.
Have tried pretty much every drug in an attempt to escspe booze. Most are a dead end. Primarily thanks to the infuriating laws, which prevent even my gp from prescribing a replacement or a shrink from giving me lsd during sessions. I really ferl like that could work. But nah, mu politician apparently knows what's good for my health better than does my doctor. It makes me want to fucking suicide bomb the vile, lying cunts. Gonna die soon anyway, so why not.
Ive tried everything. Im in a treatment program for the fifth time and its as useless as always.
Even if I could stop, its such an integral part of my life now that to quit eould be to abandon my life. It'd take years to build something new. It takes ten minutes to fuck up and get drunk again.
Im going to die.
>>
>>7078119
fuck, at least I'm not this bad. I had a coworker who was addicted to that stuff, it was scary to watch. he straight up disappeared one day, I don't know what happened to him. give me nightmares to think about.

maybe I should quit drinking :(
>>
>>7078119
Just be safe with the heroin and you should heal your liver up in a few weeks. Good luck dude.
>>
>>7071450
Abstaining from drinking right now because if I got drunk I'd beat the shit out my little sister, she's aboot 7 months along with my nephew and the verbal abuse that comes out her is amazing. It is taking all my willpower to keep from going back over and punching her in the face.
>>
>>7078147
is your nephew also your son?
>>
Im on antidepressants so i cant drink. fuck.
>>
>>7078156
is it worth it?

i take anti-depressants and drink all the time. big deal.
>>
>>7078155
Anywhere else on the internet that would be a strange question. No, no he is not.
>>
>>7078156
I never stopped drinking when I was on antidepressants. If anything I drank more. For some reason drinking was 5x more enjoyable when I was on them, so it was awesome. When extremely drunk I would get mild hallucinations while staring at the ceiling.

for reference I was on luvox and then celexa, just normal ssri's
>>
File: EsDeC_randomnumber.jpg (228 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
EsDeC_randomnumber.jpg
228 KB, 1800x1350
>>7072963
Doomy metallic and so on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuORa7Jvnxc
mostly stuff which reminds me of something
furthermore I like my dirty martini with crushed olives instead of brine
>>
>>7072963
depends on how drunk

not very drunk, usually jazz

quite drunk, house

very drunk, watch emotional moments from movies like link related and burst into tears because I can't usually feel emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ExWdszTWjs
>>
File: IMG_1261.png (1 MB, 775x1037) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1261.png
1 MB, 775x1037
I put some grapes in my beer this morning.
>>
>>7078133
If you think for one moment that perhaps you should, then mate please do it. If youre able. Im 36, I haven't been sober since I was 15. I have brain lesions because of it. Little holes forming in my brain. Im blind on one eye, in constant pain due to alcoholic neuropathy, I drink around 56 units a day and I have lost not only friends, but the girl I love. Not some crush or transitory lust, I love her, but she hasn't spoken to me in 3 years. I would die in pain thus instant if I thought it would make her smile once.
I think men only truly fall in love once in their lives. I havent wanted anyone else for 9 years. I've tried dating but I just cant bring myself to care about anyone else. I have to close my eyes and picture her. Sex means nothing to me.
I still 'chose' alcohol over her. Alcohol has destroyed me to the core, and if youre not careful it may do the same to you. Its no joke.
>>7078138
Thanks buddy. The heroin helps a bit, but ive iv'd .4 grams today, and as soon as the nod subsides I crave alcohol. Everything makes me think about drink. Feel like I might stand a chance of not drinking one day? I immediately think to have a drink to celebrate. Feel depressed? I want drink. Feel happy? I want drink. Hit a lucky trade on the stock market? Lets have a drink. Lose money? Hm, want to drink. Got drink? Want to drink it. No drink? Lets get a drink.
You get the idea.
Ive never once in my adult life seen what life is like through sober eyes. Never. Cant evem conceptualise what it'd be like. My brain is hard wired to drink first and think later. I simply cannot escape, not for more than a few hours. Id rather die, and like every other alcoholic in this kind of state, I will die. Imagine it. One day relying on it so much that you would rather die than be sober. I expect its incomprehensible to most people, but I CANNOT go without.>>7078147
It is impossible for me to stop.
Ill stop rambling. Don't know if this is helping anyone.
Gonna go get drunk.
Peace all.
>>
>>7079193
Fancy.
>>
I don't binge drink, I don't drink when I'm down. I highly limit my intake during the week, but I always want it. I'm like an alcoholic that hardly drinks.
>>
>>7071661
>alcoholics class
You mean AA?
>>
File: oh it shows quentin.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
oh it shows quentin.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>7071661
>alcoholics class

I didn't go to alcoholic school, I went to the drinks
>>
>>7079223
God dammit, /tv/. I called in to work to drink and watch the new episode of the royals and all I get is your shit spilling all over the place.
>>
On the 57p tinnies from Lidl. Pretty depressing state of affairs t.b.h
>>
>recovering from a 4 day binge
>pissed off my family
>pissed off my ex girlfriend
>depressed as fuck
>lost my wallet and all my money

This shit is the worst, I hold out for weeks and start feeling great, depression starts to fade, and you feel like you're gonna be alright and gonna make changes to your life, then you want to celebrate just a little and you end up fucking everything up and land right back where you started. How do i end this vicious cycle? I don't want to fuck the last bit of human relationships I still have because I'm a terrible drunk bastard and a piece of shit in general.
>>
>have literally been, at the very least, reasonably intoxicated when i go to bed (4 beers minimum) every day for the last 4 years
am I in trouble? I quit smoking cold turkey, maybe i can do it with alcohol too?
>>
>>7079255
depends

imagine if I told you that you are not allowed to drink any alcohol from now until I tell you otherwise

putting aside the fact that a random stranger is bossing you around for a moment, how would you feel about that prospect?
>>
were going to die lads
>>
>>7079431
Not before I have a few more drinks
>>
>>7079431
>I know what's coming. I know no one beats these odds. And it's a matter of getting used to that and growing up and realising that you're expelled from your mother's uterus as if shot from a cannon towards a barn door studded with old nail files and rusty hooks. It's a matter of how you use up the intervening time in an intelligent and ironic way
>>
>>7071450
Am I an alcoholic?

I don't drink every night. But I do drink most nights.

I don't feel like drinking during the day unless it's a day off and I have nothing more important to do.

What are the parameters for being an alcoholic?

Recently I have stopped buying beer because I started working out again and there are too many dammed calories in one beer (i don't drink shit beer).
>>
>>7079446
Alcoholism isn't a black and white thing. If you have a drinking problem you can't really look at your habits and try to pinpoint if you are or not. Some alcoholics can go for long periods of time without drinking, others can't at all. Some alcoholics only drink when they "need" to, others have to drink all the time. And then there's everybody who fall somewhere inbetween. You shouldn't focus so much on wether or not you can be defined as an alcoholic and focus more on what you want to do with your drinking, and if you think it's a problem or not.
>>
Did a white month this November. Worst time I've had in a long time. Just shut myself in, got depressed and did nothing. Ended after 10 days, and now I'm back to being fine again.
>>
File: Dos-Equis-Special-Lager-1[1].jpg (116 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
Dos-Equis-Special-Lager-1[1].jpg
116 KB, 410x410
You know what's actually a really good fucking cheap beer?
Fucking Dos Equis.
I was at the local mexican joint the other day and they had it on tap. Decided to give it a try. Forgot how good it was.
>inb4 "I don't always..." meme man
>>
>>7079421
Not the guy you were asking but I would literally be devastated.
>>
>>7079497
The lager is tolerable. A step up from bud light but not by much. The amber on the other hand is exceptional.
>>
>tfw went to hospital about a month ago for alcohol withdrawa
>promised myself I would never drink again free going through that horrifying experience
>made if 3 weeks feeling great. Didn't even know why I liked drinking in the first place

Welp. Guess what? I'm back to drinking like an alcoholic again from the time I wake up until I get off work. The fuck is wrong with me? It's not even enjoyable.
>>
>>7079795
It's a crutch
>>
i'm not an alcoholic but i've been drinking a bit more since i started working as a line cook

my mum just bought me some jim beam, looking forward to doing some drunk cooking on my next day off t.b.h
>>
>>7079431
That's right. And if I quit drinking, quit smoking and quit eating red meat, do I get to live forever?

My great great died on his tractor. My great died in his barn. His brother died in his orchard. My grand died mowing his lawn. Dad is still alive, but the men in my family have the decency and consideration for others to just drop dead on the spot. No wasting away the family nest egg for six more weeks of The View on hospital tv. Just get er done.
>>
>>7079813
>I'm not an alcoholic
>Started working as a line cook

Ya, no, you're an alcoholic, a professional one at that. Shit, probably a junkie too.
>>
>>7079958
Ever think your family has a genetic disposition to be killed by outdoor plants? I'd move off the farm, Cletus.
>>
>>7079968
Remember how Superman's Earth dad died? The real one not that "it's not an S" claptrap.

US cities are nothing but proof that the zombie apocalypse is over. The zombies won. Luckily, it was caused by parking lots and Starbucks, so out here we're safe. Just good ole' "natural causes."
>>
>>7071450
sober for 4 months. there's hope guise.
>>
>>7079968
>>7080019
01:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU

There's a reason they did it like that. It's not a stereotype. It's iconic. A lot of people outside the quarantine zones expect it to happen that way.
>>
>>7079152
>very drunk, watch emotional moments from movies like link related and burst into tears because I can't usually feel emotions
Holy shit are you me?
I've watched this video so many times and cried like a bitch everytime while plastered. (spoiler alert for those of you that haven't seen six feet under)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3difXqlpwVc
>>
Man I haven't been to one of these threads in a while. How's everyone holding up?

I've finally kicked it down to 2-3 times a week instead of drinking 7 days a week. Shit is fucking hard, man.
>>
>>7080139
>try to help this al/ck/ohol
>search for dead pet movies from Japan
>can't find anything about cats
>find something called Quill
>It's the life story of a guide dog.
>He dies at the end

This search is called off.
>>
>>7080139
>>7080215
And also the news is starting. I'm getting a drink.

Dude. In the meantime, just watch Quill The Life of a Guide Dog (2004). It will work.
>>
>>7080139
this one always fucks me up big time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_2TeVk1tc
>>
>>7071450
I bought one of those heineken mini kegs. Its not great as draught but man, you can just put your mouth on the nozzle and let her rip. Might buy another one.
>>
How do you make an old fashioned? Not an alch, but interested in that drink.
>>
>>7080243
sugar + Angostura bitters + water, dissolve it in a glass. Then add ice and whiskey and a slice of orange

it is pretty nice, but I am too heavy a drinker for cocktails to be an efficient or affordable mode of drinking 2bh
>>
>>7080252
Thanks.
>>
>>7071511
how old are you m80, what state
>>
File: 3.png (158 KB, 382x471) Image search: [Google]
3.png
158 KB, 382x471
>>7071450
fine as always. 12 pack a night. ive noticed my stomach gets irritated right before my usual 5pm drinking time. i get hungry as hell in the morning. also, my heart burn is coming back. better drink milk before the ulcers come back.
>>
So I've been drinking like a fish for well over a year now and for a while now, my mouth always has this salty taste in it. You know how phlegm tastes? That's just about how my mouth always tastes. It's been about 8 months now and god damn is it a deterrent to a quality life.

Anyone ever experience this? Any idea if it is about the drinking? There's only like 2 or 3 things that have changed since I started getting this symptom.
>>
>>7071586
You're mate sounds so much like me, same age, same habits. I stopped drinking for 2 weeks earlier this year because I ruined $2000 of DJ equipment drunk. Last week I stopped for 5 days to support someone else. It's very hard to define alcoholism. On one hand I know I can stop with some effort. On the other hand I've drank every night for years. Average 8 500ml cans of beer atm.
>>
>29 live at home no job
>ride bike to liquor store puke on the way from hangover
>get to the store pay 6 dollars all in change for Karkov vodka

did it finally hit bottom?
>>
>>7080954
Try to drink more water. Or anything which doesn't have an enormous amount of sugar, chemicals or alcohol in it. You lose a lot of fluid (sweat, piss, your body trying to get rid of the toxins) when drinking alcohol, so compensate for that.
>>
After a heavy night of drinking I pray no one comes into the bathroom at work when im shitting... ugh that nasty ammonia smell or whatever it is
>>
>>7071688
Move out faggot
>>
>>7081017
>pawned bike for bottom-shelf plastic jug vodka
>kicked out of house
>2 weeks motel rent paid in advance
>few days left

everybody's bottom is different. ive been where you are. you just need to get a job and get some self respect back.
>>
>>7073641
Looks like you have the bear necessities
>>
So, what's the difference between Old tom gin and the regular, dry gin?

I'm asking...for..a friend!
>>
>>7072298
Congratulations on turning 13
>>
13 months sober and a member of AA. I found It's a program that works for me and I'm a much better person than who I was 14 months ago. Those people who are drinking and don't have a problem, knock one back for me and those in Paris.
>>
on my 3rd 40 of steel reserve yay
>>
Finally got the results back for my hepatitis test. No hepatitis luckily but my liver enzymes are still incredibly high. This is my 2nd week sober.

Sigh.
>>
>>7081353
I drank 2 last night and I'm still hungover. Jesus.
>>
>>7071450
Haven't had a drink in a little over a week
>>
>>7071793
>tfw no dad
>>
>tfw can drink as much or as little as i want with literally no problems but can't go more than a few days without watching porn
>>
File: 1447688846511.jpg (14 KB, 452x469) Image search: [Google]
1447688846511.jpg
14 KB, 452x469
>>7071450
7-9am Gin Tonic
9-10:30am Herbal Liquor
10:30-12am Sherry
12:30-1pm Chartreuse
1-5pm Beer
5-7pm Vermouth with water
7-9pm Martini dry
10pm Dirty Martini
10-11pm Vodka Sour
>>
>>7082198
You may be an alcohol, but you are a classy alcohol
>>
>>7082213
All well planned. And you can relax, I dont drive.
>>
>>7071496
haha
>>
>>7071450

Going to lay off the sauce until the weekend. Woke up yesterday wretching up mucus.
>>
File: REKT.png (781 KB, 783x917) Image search: [Google]
REKT.png
781 KB, 783x917
i promised myself i wouldnt drink today. so...

has anyone ever tried this? pic is my lounge right now. im fucking smashed and ive only had like 30cl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cSbTyOrao

holy fuck this really works
>>
File: 14.jpg (157 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
157 KB, 620x877
>>7082198
Cheers and have a nice days fellpw a/lck/ons
I'm in the beer phase now. Posting one last time for today just for celebration.
I always laugh when they sing about their extensive urinating. To me this never happens! Must be a damn good feeling to actually live up to your natural function.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-zK1S5Dws
>>
File: mule.png (24 KB, 870x499) Image search: [Google]
mule.png
24 KB, 870x499
How is the moscow mule getting so trendy?
>>
>>7082547
You learned about it because of the trend, not the other way around

I bet you think you were the first to drink a negroni too
>>
>>7082549
>You learned about it because of the trend,

That doesn't invalidate his question.
>>
>>7071496
So how did it go?
>>
>sober for 48 hours
>shakes getting bad
>have to stay sober and go to AA or I get put on probation

Grad school is suffering
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.