[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was reading about the amazing benefits of sardines. I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 2006_sardines_can_open.jpg (195 KB, 1803x1075) Image search: [Google]
2006_sardines_can_open.jpg
195 KB, 1803x1075
I was reading about the amazing benefits of sardines. I was wondering what would be some ways of making extremely simple meals with these things. I would just eat them plain, but I doubt that would be very easy. I was thinking maybe if I cooked them on a stove that they would be more tasty, or if I put them in a wrap with some cheese or kale, maybe that would make them fun to eat. I'm not against eating them plain, as long as they have no head and tail.
>>
>>7070986
Canned sardines are already cooked, as are all canned foods. There's no point in cooking them further, though you could heat them up of course.

I like 'em on top of some toasted bread with some thinly sliced onion.
>>
>>7070990
sounds delicious. thank you.
>>
How do canned sardines taste? Last time I ate something canned it was shrimp and it was awful.
>>
File: wtf.png (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
19 KB, 400x400
>>7070986
>put them in a wrap with some cheese
>>
>>7070990

This right there. I get the kind with mustard and not just oil and eat them with thin slices of manchego. The best part of all this is that no one wants to eat them so I can have them at work and no one touches that shit.

Idiots.
>>
>>7070986
If you get the ones in olive oil you can toss them with cooked pasta dressed in garlic, oil, black pepper and parsley. Optional additions: capers, breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
>>
i just eat them straight out of the can with some hot sauce and crackers
>>
>>7070986
Uncle Bens microwave rice.
Cous cous
Raman noodles

Just empty a can of sardines on top, cheap and easy!
>>
>>7071039
Just
Fuck
Off
>>
>>7071054
i may eat that at home, but to eat sardines & sliced manchego at work is bad form. Stinky and weird.
>>
I use to just make tuna salad sandwiches and mix sardines and mackerel.
>>
>>7070986
I eat em straight out the can
>>
Mix them up with leftover rice so they're in small chunks and fully incorporated, then spread that shit in the bottom of a cast iron, crack a few eggs on top and bake till the eggs are Cooked to your liking. Season however you want.

Also I like to dredge them in corn starch and fry them to serve with a sauce and whatever carbs/vegetables.
>>
>slice of bread
>tomato sauce
>cheese
>sardine
It's like a tiny pizza, really good.
>>
>>7070986
>maybe that would make them fun to eat.
Are you fucking five or something?
>>
Buy it in tomato sauce senpai, trust me
>>
>>7071647
>>7071647
>Mix them up with leftover rice so they're in small chunks and fully incorporated, then spread that shit in the bottom of a cast iron, crack a few eggs on top and bake till the eggs are Cooked to your liking. Season however you want.

Thiiiiis
Optional: sub rice 4 diced onion
>>
>>7071305

I work in a restaurant, I dont give a shit as I smell like food ALL THE TIME. Plus, mints.
>>
>>7071201
>>7071201
>>7071201
>>7071201
>>7071201
>>7071201
>>
>>7070990
This sounds good.
I like the ones in mustard or hot sauce
>>
>>7070986
havent read thread but
make a sandwich of em with hot buttered toast and loads of pepper

a classic.
>>
>>7074315
Fuck yeah god I want some sardineskeets now
>>
>>7071201
Spotted the black anon
>>
>>7074325
I'm 100% pure Aryan with German ancestry that dates back to 400 ad
>and I do this
>>
>>7074325
Nigga that's the flyest shit, you don't even know.

Sometimes I douse the can in vinegar if I don't have any sauce.
>>
>>7070986
Are you an alien? Because you write like one.
>>
File: 1280.jpg (71 KB, 560x810) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
71 KB, 560x810
I'm eating these almost every day. Here's some stuff I do. All my own creations. All easy + fast + not many ingredients.

1) Sardine salad.
After making a nice salad with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and 2 sheets of nori algae, I chop them up and mix in with the salad. Use a bit of olive oil and dried salad herbs to season. Extremely healthy nutrition + super tasty.

2) Sardine noodles.
Boil your favourite noodles in water (it works best with longish type of noodles, but doesn't really matter). While they boil, take a small pan and fill the bottom with olive oil. Chop some spring onions/scallions into really thin slices and let them simmer in the olive oil. Take off the heat shortly before the onions slices turn brown and add a bit of soy sauce to the pan. Then add everything to the noodles and mush a can of sardines to really small pieces and stir in the mix. If done right, the onion sauce and sardines will form a really nice union with the noodles.

3) 'Japanesey' rice variation: Perhaps my favourite breakfast.
Basically take a bowl of rice, add chopped sardines, a can of red kidney beans (rinse the slimy stuff from the can before adding the beans!), cut 2 sheets of nori in small pieces, then put the bowl in micro wave and heat it all up. After heating, take the bowl out and mix in 1 whole egg (maybe 2 if you want), a few tiny drops of sesame oil (be careful with sesame oil! Not too much!) and a bit of Thai hot sauce. You can optionally add a bit of olive oil if it turned out too dry for you.
>>
>>7074351
>cinelli
fixie garbage slut, 2/10 would not bang
>>
Canned sardines work really well with a little acid added - lemon juice is excellent, as is a good white wine vinegar.
>>
>>7074370
Cinelli make road bikes too. It's the rainbow trim on the shoulders that's upsetting to me.
>>
I just want to know where I can buy them in bulk
>>
>>7070986
do sardines have a really strong smell? i dont want to take them to work and be ''that guy''
>>
>>7074583
I've gotta say it depends on the brand and what they're packed in.

But yeah, I guess you'd be best served having some manner of ventilation at least just in case.
>>
>>7070986
Warm them in a pan, letting them break down, with some spinach. Let the spinach wilt and then put them between two pieces of toast. It's pretty tasty.
>>
>>7074583
Yeah, I recommend not bringing them to work.
>>
File: comp destroy.gif (546 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
comp destroy.gif
546 KB, 256x192
>>7071647
DUH HA DUH HA FISHERMANS EGGS FISHERMANS EGGS
>>
>>7074583
If you work in an office, don't bring them. Or do. Fuck people, do what you want.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.