[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gout cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: demon.jpg (13 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
demon.jpg
13 KB, 261x193
/ck/, help me cook for my boyfriend. He was diagnosed with gout a couple of years ago. And it has been hell these past few months. He has lost a lot of weight, and is no longer overweight (which his doctor said would help), but even though he has lost a good 40 pounds, he is still having gout attacks almost every 2 weeks.

He is in severe pain. He loves red meat and potatoes. And it's pretty much all he knows how to cook. He's picky with vegetables and chicken.

He cannot have:
red meat
mushrooms
cauliflower
beans, lentils, legumes
asparagus
beer/wine

He can have:
only chicken breast in small amounts
pasta, rice, grains
dairy
fats, oils
all vegetables excluding ones above
fruit, fruit juices

And unfortunately, all those foods are probably the only vegetables he would eat.

I cook for him on the weekends, so that's taken care of, but I am planning to give him a few gout-friendly recipes. Any idea on how to make savory, delicious foods without the use of any of those ingredients? I have turned him onto tofu, but I need to teach him how to prepare it. Unfortunately, eggs are the only protein source he can have in unlimited quantity, but he hates the taste/smell of egg, so anyway to mask it in a recipe with that as the main protein?

He also needs to make his meals on the go. He works a 40+ hour work week. On the weekends, I make extra quantity for his lunch for the next day or so. But I want to give him a good recipe book he can rely on. All he's eating right now is like top ramen and spaghettios and other unhealthy, but convenient shit.

So far, I've got
-baked sweet potato
-fried rice with egg
-tofu stirfry
-roasted chicken breast with root vegetables
-chicken broccoli alfredo

will you help me come up with more?
>>
>>7070783
Holy fuck, go post this on reddit or something.
>>
>>7070808
Never used reddit. Sorry, I didn't realize how long the post was.
>>
I would suggest Spaghetti Carbonara, here's a recipe for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk
>>
>>7070812
Thanks, I think he'll like that. I'd have to leave out the bacon though... Think it will make much of a difference?
>>
>>7070819
The bacon mostly adds a bit of texture and salt, it's certainly not necessary. Could add a touch of diced up fried chicken as a substitute, well seasoned
>>
>>7070827
Will do. Thanks!
>>
>>7070783
>boyfriend
>girl

Hi.
>>
Every recipe you are going to get here is a purine bomb. Also, alfredo is one the last things you want to serve. Fats are not okay to eat indiscriminately and wine is fine in moderation.
>>
>>7070838
Actually, I'm gay
>>
>>7070855
I know that fats aren't okay all the time, but I figured just once a week or so he can have something a little more savory/cheesy.
>>
>>7070861
Hey, I just suggest that he learns to not be picky with foods. Obviously it will be good to cook food that he likes, but some branching out couldn't hurt. My boyfriend has issues trying new things and it's getting frustrating.
>>
>>7070783
Just cut off his dick and serve it to him.
>>
>>7070783
>He's picky with vegetables

End the relationship. Now.
>>
Turkey alla king is good. Chicken Divan too. Maybe a spinach salad with warm dressing? (make the dressing with a little bacon but leave it out of the salad.) chicken pot pie would do a treat, you can load it up with vegetables. Chicken and rice, chicken Gumbo, chicken paprikash, chicken curry...

Think Asian/Italian foods. Lots of vegetables with a little bit of protein and a delicious sauce, with rice or noodles. Hearty comfort foods to get his mind off of the things he can't have.

Any of my suggestions are easily Googled. Pick one that seems within your level of cooking ability. Make double portions for eating later on in the week.

There's also a website called Supercook, where you input the ingredients you have on hand and it aggregates a list of potential recipes you can make based on your ingredient list.
>>
>>7070861

Then leave your boyfriend and go get some delicious dyke clam bitch

Fucking bitches mang.
>>
>>7070861
>Actually, I'm gay
Thread abandoned.
>>
>>7071207
Spinach is high in purines.
>>
>>7070861
I'm hoping at least the sex with your picky ass bf is phenomenal.
>>
>>7071278
that wasn't OP's post.

I'm OP, I am a girl. I didn't want to respond to much gender related stuff, but here we are.

>>7071207
I forgot, no turkey, no spinach. They also have purine. I mean, every meat has purine, but chicken breast has the least. And with his high frequency of gout attacks, chicken breast is the only thing he can have right now.

Thanks for the website though, I am going to check it out.

>>7071565
His pickiness isn't that bad. He'll eat roasted vegetables. He hates peas, eggplant, spinach. He's doesn't necessarily hate vegetables, but they have to be prepared in a way he likes. And unfortunately, only in a way I can do and he can't... So, I'm just trying to teach him.
>>
Just take a handful of black tart cherry tablets a day and keep the gout away.
>>
>>7070783
Just make him not be so fat and drink more water.

I've had gout, its absolutely horrible, can't even put your shoe on, feels like your bones were replaced with broken glass.
>>
Fruit smoothies.
Toss some veg in too
>>
>>7070783

tell him to grow the fuck up
>>
>>7070783
If you have nice middle eastern, Indian, and Ethiopian restaurants nearby, I'd hit them up and order something like a vegetarian platter. If they don't offer one then order a few veggie dishes...like middle eastern I'd suggest falafel, taboulli, hummous, baba ghanoujh (even if he doesn't like egg plant, he may like it in this form), and veggie grape leaves. With a bunch of things to sample from, you can figure out which to try making yourself. You could hit up a Whole Foods deli and do the same thing, getting a little bit of a bunch of dishes.
>>
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>7072113
this is good advice
>>
>>7070783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7E_Q4loZwU
>>
>picky eater
>can't cook
>was overweight
>has a disease from fucking medieval times
Holy shit OP can't you do better
>>
make that mother fucker eat a can of pineapple every day shit helps
>>
>>7072113
>>7072663
Almost all that stuff is pretty heavy on legumes, though. If the dude can't have legumes, he certainly can't have hummus or falafel. You'd need to carefully order from Indian/Ethiopian, as they do have veggie dishes that would work, but if you order a vegetarian platter or sampler, you are going to get legumes.
>>
>>7072849
maybe they have a big cock or plenty of money/inheritance incoming
>>
>>7073259
Right! Right! Because that makes it totally ok and not ten times more pathetic.
>>
>>7070783
If meat is the biggest recipe obstacle gout enemy for him, you're going to have to prepare it in ways that it feels abundant and adequate, but is rather skimpy in overall portion, ie trickery or peasant cooking. So, it should be pounded flat, and cover the plate like a damn frisbee in portion, or it should be chunks and in stewlike ways. Think paillards, bistec palomilla, pork tenderloin medallions, beef stew with more than usual root vegetables, and being kind of heavy on vegetables when you make like a italian beef sub, chock it full of mushrooms, peppers, onions and heavier on the bread. Preserved meats like bacon up flavor but kind too high on the purine list. Think about using really small quantities of smoked foods to add flavor to a soup or something like greens, but not really featuring it. You can make meatloaf about 50% meat with tons of chopped veggies as filler Have a couple of meat-free days that don't feature beans, with portobello sandwiches, butternut squash pasta with diced and sauteed kale and pepper,

My dad and grandfather had gout. It's the alcohol in their case. My grandfather drank "jogging in a jug" which is acidulated apple cider (with vinegar), and my Dad swears by expensive 100% cherry juice.
>>
Wish I had a boyfriend to cook me shit
>>
you have the can and cannot eat lists sooooooo fucked up.

do some proper research. your making his gout sooooooo much worse.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.