[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you go about making a nacho cheese sauce, /ck/? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
How would you go about making a nacho cheese sauce, /ck/? I'm thinking butter, sour cream, and yellow cheddar for a sort of yellow alfredo
>>
>>7069395
>yellow cheddar

ugh...
>>
>>7069402
>not liking yellow cheese.
It's not worse than blue cheese which is rotten cheese.
>>
>>7069395
pretty sure nacho sauce is made with murkastronk cheese
also pickled jalepenos are shit, use fresh or grilled
>>
get some Ricos nacho cheese
>>
>>7069435
By your own logic, you are a rotten human.
>>
>>7069435
I'm complaining because American """cheese""" is fucking disgusting. Cheddar is not meant to be fucking bright yellow
>>
>>7069395
Depending on the cheese that you use it might need a bit of sodium citrate which is an emulsifier, it'll keep the oil/greese in the cheese which otherwise might separate when you melt it.
>>
>>7069395
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24738/nacho-cheese-sauce/?internalSource=search%20result&referringContentType=search%20results

I've made this recipe a few times, but I usually add some cayenne as there's zero spice in it. Texture and consistency are on point though.
>>
>>7069454
Sometimes that's natural or it's just annatto, there's no reason to lose your head over it or go psycho. White cheddar is available too.

They color cheese in the UK too you fucking cunt.
>>
>>7069447
Last time i got something from rico, my girlfriend OD'd
>>
>>7069461
My hometown is Cheddar, I have family who work in the Cheddar cheese factory, what Americans is called cheddar is just nothing like it
>>
>>7069454
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/11/07/243733126/how-17th-century-fraud-gave-rise-to-bright-orange-cheese

I'm going to keep posting this until people stop bitching about having a tiny pinch of annato seed in their cheese. It doesn't do anything but add color, buy your cheese based on its taste and its taste alone you nimrods.
>>
>>7069466
Maybe that's why we booted you out of the USA, so we could make our own cheddar, ever consider that?
>>
>>7069466
>ooh look at me I come from a long line of edam makers
>>
>>7069481
You can keep it m8, just please call it American Style "cheddar" so we all know
>>
>>7069487
You lost the plot, we in America don't give a shit what you think of our cheddar, we like it and that's good enough for us. You can piss off and suck up to your islamic overlords.
>>
>>7069487
Do you brit suckups to islam go through extra steps to make sure your cheddar is halal?
>>
File: pancakes with lemon sauce.jpg (295 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
pancakes with lemon sauce.jpg
295 KB, 576x432
JalapeƱo with lemon sauce would taste terrible but could be a good party trick.
>>
>>7069526
No
>>
>>7069395
If you want it to taste like the stuff they slather all over your dogs at the ballpark, you'll want some pickled jalapeno and cumin in it. Not sure about the sour cream.
>>
>>7069395
lots of grated sharp cheddar
a small amount of corn starch
some hot sauce or cayenne pepper or whatever you've got to make it spicy
a tin of evaporated milk

cook on low heat while stirring for ~5 minutes

enjoy, OP
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.