[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys. At work, we make RPA, roasted pepper aoli. Roasted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Alright guys.
At work, we make RPA, roasted pepper aoli. Roasted peppers, roasted garlic, mayo, sour cream.
Now, it keeps expanding, almost violently overnight.
WHY?!?
Help me /ck/, no one knows whats going on
>>
Blind guess : the cultures in the sour cream feed off the sugars from the peppers and garlic and create fermentation.
>>
>>7069141
What do I do about it?
Because it only recently started happening.
But, while recent, it is now consistent
>>
>>7069171
Have you changed any suppliers recently?
>>
>>7069187
Not that I know of.
I don't do the orders though
>>
>>7069202
From my experience, if something has been acting a certain way for as long as you can remember, and then suddenly starts acting a different way, it means that something changed somewhere up in the supply chain. I'd ask around and see if you can find anything relating to the ingredients you use.
>>
>>7069375
Aight
I'll talk to chef, see if he has anything.
>>
>>7069375
So apparently for a while there we were using a cheap brand, so we're gonna try switching.
Thank you anon!
>>
>>7071143
No prob, hope it gets you some recognition f@m
>>
>>7069171
>What do I do about it?

If it is the cultures in the sour cream you can simply cook it in order to kill the bacteria.

How is it that you work in the industry yet you know know that heat kills bacteria?
>>
>>7071489
How is it you know so much about cultures yet you know know grammar?
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>7069092
check your fridge temps, this shouldn't happen below 4C. If the temperature's consistently ok, then it's probably the sour cream.

Why don't you guys just blend up a (garlic) mayo and whisk in the pepper goo? I've never understood sour cream in aioli... blending it's bad enough, but I understand that doing it by hand isn't feasible.
>>
>>7073537
What's the difference between that and how we do it?
>>
>>7073537
Also, just checked, fridge temps at 2C
So i dunno
>>
>>7069092
Add some acid to it, lowering pH is an extremely effective preservative against microbials. Lemon juice is pretty classic in aioli anyways.

Other things that may cause it? If you roasted red peppers and let them sit out before using (say under heat lamp or on counter for 2+ hours) it can start growing stuff. Same with garlic.

>Source: taking masters in food science
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.