[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking with vegetables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rqBTZNr.jpg (58 KB, 955x536) Image search: [Google]
rqBTZNr.jpg
58 KB, 955x536
I pretty much was malnurished as a child and ate mac n cheese and hot dogs every day so now whenever I try to eat vegetables i cant help but gag
Ive tried loads of recipes but they're all shit even though other people seem to like them
Someone help me out here
The vegetables I AM fond of are onions, brocolli, potatos, and corn. Avocado if you want to count it but I don't.
What are some good things I can make with just those?
I wish I could help it but at this point I just can't it's genuinely vomit inducing to make myself eat bell peppers or eggplant. Like my body is telling me to fucking stop eating it
At this point I've been eating loads of fruits to compensate but I don't feel like it's enough
>>
>>7068614
roasted broccoli is probably the best flavor profile you'd get out of other methods, with salt and black pepper. lemon juice too if you get bored

corn on the cob. boiled, grilled.. both are fucking tasty with some butter and salt

carmelized onions are god tier check youtube on how to make some

potatoes are the most flexible in your list, roast, baked, mashed, etc and go well with a variety of things

expand your horizon and learn to eat vegetables you fucking manchild
>>
>>7068614
Tried using a grill or pan to toast/cook the vegetables? What about spices like garlic salt or making some sort of mix in a blender into a salsa/juice?
>>
>>7068614
corn is not a vegetable, it's just carbs and sugar
>>
Vegetables are boss OP. Go hungry for two days and you'll realize how fucking delicious spinach and carrots are. Cabbage? Used by every culture. Fresh asparagus? God damn I just nutted.
>>
One way you could eat them would be in the oven. Get a deep bowl or plate, chop the potaoes, broccoli and onions into big pieces. Throw them in To the bowl, add some herbs and olive oil, mix and Throw it into oven. If you want, you can Cook a big piece of Meat at the same time in the bowl. Also you can add some other veggies that can take the heat To try an learn To eat them.

The way my father used To make it, took some time but it was easy and delicious as fuck.
Sorry tjat the text seems odd but im not native soeaker and im on Phone. If the thread is alive tomorrow, ill make a better response.
>>
>>7068656
Seconded roasted broccoli. Also if you ever want to branch out, roasted brussels sprouts are similarly delicious.

Actually come to think of it anything that you roast the shit out of with olive oil, salt, and pepper is going to taste good.

Carrots: add some brown sugar as a glaze
Potatoes: Cube, plus rosemary if you're into that
Roasted red onions (sliced/quartered) are also really good. Sometimes I mix with potatoes.
>>
Remember when you boil vegetables or make a stew to season the water. Now you could use salt, but I prefer to use Knorr Stock Pot. Why? Because Knorr Stock Pot gives you a better flavor than salt. You should try it.
>>
>>7068614
I'd say you can count avocado. It's a fruit, but its got fiber and vitamins and not much sugar.
>>
>>7068614

Stir fry, anon. Stir fry.

Bell pepper, onion, carrot, broccoli, peas, hot pepper, all of that shit is great when you stir fry them and eat them with your protein. Seasoned with garlic, or ginger, or garlic AND ginger, and touch of soy, and a touch of sesame oil, and it's healthy as fuck too.
>>
>>7068831
That's what all plant material is
>>
When I was a kid I hated zucchini. I mean, I really hated that shit. My mum used to boil it. Disgusting.

Then one day, I was staying at a friend's place and had his mum's zucchini and I loved it. But she didn't boil it. She sautéed off onion and garlic in oil, then added the zucchini and gently cooked it off until it started to soften. Then she threw in some peeled, chopped tomato and cooked the whole lot on low heat until the zucchini started breaking down. A quick blast of salt and pepper finished the dish. It was delicious! She tossed some angel hair pasta through it and that was dinner.
I have repeated her recipe many times, sometimes adding extras like peas or ricotta and it's always great.

OP, every vegetable can be super tasty, you just have to find a way to 'make it so'.
>>
>>7069651
I've been stir frying everything
What do you got? Maybe I'm just shit at preparing it
>>
File: Drummer.png (68 KB, 281x235) Image search: [Google]
Drummer.png
68 KB, 281x235
>>7069651
>boiling a vegetable that's already more water than anything else
>>
>>7069651
>>7069682
Well, except for the onions is method is best.
Maybe you just need to some push ups, spit in your hand and get your dick hard, wash your hands, fry up some dirt veggies and man the fuck up.
>>
>>7069682
Stir frying is pretty good, find a decent stir fry sauce and you're halfway there. I'm a big fan of hoisin.

Standard stir fry mix would be a handful each of julienned carrot, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, snow peas and bean sprouts. Blanch the veggies. Oil up your pan and get it to med-high heat (use peanut oil if you can). Flash-fry your chosen protein- doesn't need to be cooked all the way through if beef. Remove protein, re-oil pan, take to high heat. Add all veggies except snow peas and bean sprouts, keep it moving. Throw in protein and other veggies, mix briefly, pour over sauce, mix till sauce is evenly distributed. Serve over rice with chopped scallions/sesame seeds/cilantro depending on taste.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.