[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fish thread? fish thread. Favorite seafood(and more), cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: tuna.gif (48 KB, 556x209) Image search: [Google]
tuna.gif
48 KB, 556x209
fish thread?
fish thread.
Favorite seafood(and more), cooking methods and so on.
>>
I have access to high quality stuff from my company for free, so i eat a shitfuck ton of tuna and others.
Is the mercury poisoning real thing or is it just a meme?

i fucking love me some good ass fish desu
>>
>>7068166

mercury is bad if you're a pregnant woman or developing child.

as a grown man, idgaf.
>>
Had some magnificient saithe last night, with some curry cream.

Haddock with cream is beautiful too.
>>
>>7068166
It's not dangerous, but it builds up in your system over the course of months, and it will cause you to feel like absolute shit in the sun.
I'd say at the least, just pick a ten day period in each month to not consume any fish.
>>
File: showdown.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
showdown.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1365
company on some show
>>
>>7068164
Salmon yummy with sushi.
>>
>>7068212
>be me
>work at fish company
>every week deep fried cod and other fishes
>occassionaly herring, sushi, and many others
>taking home fat steaks of tuna and other fish because theres tons of leftovers
Not so bad desu baka
wish i didnt smell like shit after work tho
>>
>>7068166
I ate 8-10 cans a week for about a year and didn't notice anything bad.
>>
>>7068633
ok, im eating steaks mostly from not that big tunas.

guess its just a meme
>>
File: 1366621805_5cca3899ab.jpg (174 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1366621805_5cca3899ab.jpg
174 KB, 500x375
Anyone know where I can source mudfish in the US?

pic related
>>
>>7068164
I got a question for a fish thread.

What do I do or use to make Crab/fish cakes if I don't want to use potatoes?

I was thinking of making a sort of vegetable paste perhaps swede heavy.

Alternatives to potatoes or anything like fishcakes that don't contain them?
>>
>>7069970
parsnip or root parsley
>>
I fucking love shellfish. Muscles and clams. I could never turn them down.
>>
>>7068164

the best thing ive ever eaten was blackened cod made by a japanese guy. yellowtail ive had has been amazing though too.
>>
>>7068164
Does ANYONE have a good recipe for chowder? Not canned bullshit, I live in Australia, the only times i've be able to get it at all is at a pub, and its hit and miss most of the time
>>
>>7069967

Nobody replied to the thread you started about this, nobody in a random fish thread is going to have any more answers.

I've honestly never seen "mudfish" other than on nature documentaries.

Maybe try the South; that's honestly the only part of the US I haven't spent a decent amount of time in.
>>
>>7070219

What kind of chowder do they serve in 'straya?

I worked a year in a New England brewpub that had some of the best chowder in the city.

>it was one of the recipes i never bothered to write down and now only vaguely remember
>>
>>7070224
Doesn't hurt to try. With the amount of Vietnamese and Thai in the US I'm sure they're sold somewhere, maybe under another name.
>>
>>7070226
At a good place? Its creamy goodness with amazing seafood, plenty of mussels and veggies cut chunky bordering on the edge of a sauce rather then a soup. At its worst, its a watery shredded crab mess. I don't know what "classic" chowder is, but I do much prefer the thicker, heartier one.
>>
>>7069967
>
It looks like a carp, have you ever tried subbing your recipe with carp? Aint the best of fish but that mud-fish doesn't look nice either, if its a bottom feeder and not purged properly is going to taste shit anyway
>>
>>7070270

It's honestly really weird that 'straya has their own versions of chowder.

It's one of the few distinctly American dishes (like in culinary guides they give four different types of soup, and then list chowder under "other").

In the US you don;t really ever see mussel or crab chowder.
>>
File: p5032015a1.jpg (186 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
p5032015a1.jpg
186 KB, 1024x702
>>7070272
Mudfish don't taste muddy like carp at all, they have firm flesh with a mild aroma.

Texture is kinda like lobster meat and the taste is like a milder cobia.

You can even eat it as sashimi, they're a delicacy in SEA.
>>
>>7070277
we bastardize a lot of cooking, we are fusion because we have a lot of Brit influence, but we're so close to water and Asian continents that a lot of seafood dishing become either some sort of curry or traditional seafood is replaced. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.

Would love to go to UK and try fresh halibut at some point in my life
>>
>>7070292
Huh, has a quick read of them now, its strange to find a freshwater fish with a firm meat, especially one that doesn't fall apart it curries. looks pretty interesting
>>
>>7069967
looks like corvina to me
or harder not sure
we deal with that daily

try to get latin name

consider moving to NL
>>
>>7070985
>>7070292
>>7069967
this thing ?
>>
File: corvina.jpg (168 KB, 2722x990) Image search: [Google]
corvina.jpg
168 KB, 2722x990
>>7070997
jesus christ im downs

>>7070299
yep, good wild halibut is great

wish i wasnt shit at cooking so i could prepare some nice dish with all the fish i have access to
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.