[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's the secret to good stir fry, just a high heat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Stir Fry.jpg (154 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Stir Fry.jpg
154 KB, 500x333
So, what's the secret to good stir fry, just a high heat wok? and where can I get Rice noodles cheaply in the states?

Also this is a stir fry thread.
>>
>>7067698
Yes, oil heat and atir it all the time, nevrr let it be stationary. Dont use shit like olive oil or it wont catch fire.

Buy rice noodles at your shopping center? Or asian mart?

What a terrible thread
>>
http://youtu.be/83sLGq15hYE
First recipe in this episode will get you started. Any grocery store will have decent rice noodles.
>>
>>7067702
OMFG i thought i was the only one who watched this. I love/hate the fact he uses vague everything.
>>
I always like to add eggs. Apparently it also avoids your noodle to become sticky.
>>
>>7067702
>olive oil
>teflon 'wok'
>seasoned with just salt and pepper and soy sauce

nice asian food britbongs
>>
>>7067698
Sesame oil fo sho.
>>
>>7067702
he makes it look ok but wouldnt it be a little bland?
>>
>>7068393
it's pleb tier britbong housewife food

try something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfcmDoxA-PI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBpUQWO81p0
>>
>>7068410
looks good, ill try it, thanks anon
>>
So when you make a stir fry you're supposed to burn the oil?
>>
High heat, thin carbon steel pan and good seasonings. Oil depends on personal taste. I've used peanut, vegetable, canola, olive, shortening and bacon fat. There is so many different way its fucking unbelievable. You have to know what you want to cook and eat. Look up simple stir fry recipes with a few ingredients and start from there.
>>
This guy is legit, great videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUR4ViaAVLLzKQ2ex6u1Sg/videos
>>
>>7067698
heres how i do it
>cut raw chicken into quarter size chunks
>fry in buttered pan with soy sauce
>boil noodles and drain
>put about 1/2 cup oil in large flat bottom wok (see pic)
>heat until it can fry
>put in veggies and fry for about a minute
>throw in noodles
>pour in oyster sauce (about 1/2 cup)
>throw in chicken
>flip and add seasonings until everything is really hot

serve.
>>
>>7069114
Sounds decent, except the 1/2 cup oil. That's a lot of fucking oil
>>
>>7069125
you can use less, but for the most part everything is going to soak it up or its going to evaporate.
>>
>>7069132
Most of it will be absorbed. Use less or low cholesterol oils.
>>
>>7069060
>Messes up the first step in cooking pork belly
>One of the easiest Chinese dish
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>7068393

ramsay did not make his fame and fortune cooking asian food
>>
>>7068995

not unless you're doing wok bao

ignore ramsey and his olive oil shenanigans, you want peanut, canola, or avocado oil for stir frying, as these have the highest smoke points and arent shit otherwise

you can float around that point where the oil starts to smoke, like ramsay does with his olive oil, but you dont want to break it or stay there because burnt oil does not taste good
>>
>>7067702
I never noticed his intonation being slightly sexually charged.

This annoys me.
>>
>>7068410
Why do chinese people like to drown everything in soy sauce?
>>
>>7070665

Its their version of ranch dressing
>>
When you're cooking, turn your gas stove as high as it'll go, and cook your food in batches (one vegetable at a time etc). Add a little bit of oil with each batch. Dump everything in a bowl and combine in the wok at the end with your sauces.
If you do it this way you get that smoky wok flavour in all your ingredients which is awesome.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.