[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people who don't buy 50%+ of their groceries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 99CentsA[1].jpg (76 KB, 844x692) Image search: [Google]
99CentsA[1].jpg
76 KB, 844x692
>There are people who don't buy 50%+ of their groceries from the 99 cent store
What is your justification?
They sell almost everything the major stores do but for less.
>>
>>7066509
Except now they charge more than 99 cents for a lot of the products they sell.

Fucking dishonest pricks.
>>
File: 1446434186754.jpg (85 KB, 649x671) Image search: [Google]
1446434186754.jpg
85 KB, 649x671
>>7066509
>not buying your groceries at Aldi
>>
And the poor quality shows.
These stores are so widespread they have products packaged in oddly small sizes in order to make a profit at 99 cents. Its not always a good deal.
>>
>>7066509
i like not getting diseases from the food i eat
>>
>>7066534
>And the poor quality shows
Except often they sell the exact same products.
They also sell electronics like HDMIs for only 1$ instead of 25$ that radio shack does.
>But it's cheaper so it's worth
>>
>>7066535
But that's true for any cheap meat you get.
That same shit is probably sold at another store for 2$ instead of 1.
>>
>>7066556
>I-I'm sure other stores do it too! Right guys?
>>
>>7066509
>>7066546
>>7066556
Sounds like someone here owns stock in the dollar store. Why are you cheerleading for these shitty ghetto class blighted shitholes full of welfare outcasts. This is a step down from fucking Walmart, and that alone says a lot.
>>
>>7066605
>I-It's cheaper even though in many cases it's the same product so it has to be bad
Nigger, I got milk for 2.40 and 18 eggs for 1.60.
Sorry you are too prideful to get shit for cheap.
>>
>>7066605
>>7066619
>Not getting those 99 cent Waffles
>>
save yourself from learning a hard lesson the hardest way:
there is a reason why certain things are cheaper than others and it's hardly anything to do with marketing in the case of food
>>
>>7066645
>there is a reason why certain things are cheaper than others
People are willing to spend more then they have to.
See HDMI cables.
>>
>>7066645
That's true for some food but you can't tell me my box of cereal for 1$ is somehow worse than the 4$ brand.
>>
>>7066670
first off, with HDMI cables that's more the stupidity of the person or them not knowing that there is no difference

secondly, if you actually fucking read >>7066645 , they mentioned the food industry specifically. Except in the case of heavily marketed organic bullshit and other hipster brand name stuff, not much goes into marketing and profit margins are very slim, ergo all of it goes towards the food
>>
>>7066670
are you fucking retarded?

what the fuck do HDMI cables have to do with food?
are the perishable? no
does everyone need them? no

think how these things affect supply and distribution and then think about how they affect demand.
>>
>>7066605
Walmart is just a poorly run chain. They got BTFO when they tried to expand to Germany because they couldn't compete with all the no frills discounters there that were able to sell the same stuff cheaper because they don't spend money on greeters and people that bag your groceries and the more upscale supermarkets had better quality food.
>>
>>7066509
They price everything at a pound when you can get some of the stuff cheaper elsewhere e.g a packet of oats from Aldi costs 87p whilst at poundland it would be £1
>>
>>7066680
Except in many cases it's the exact same product.
But even not counting that, explain how getting cheaper eggs will kill me.
>>
>>7066711
id like to see some proof that you can get the

>EXACT SAME PRODUCT

for cheaper as you claim. Because everyone in this thread knows you're bulshitting us
>>
>>7066711
also, getting cheaper eggs could mean more risk of salmonella

or they expire sooner
>>
>>7066681
I had to Google what a greeter at Wal-Mart was. That has to be one of the most demeaning jobs going.
>>
>>7066731
I haven't seen a greeter at Walmart in years.
>>
>>7066727
Eggs are the same, stuff like packaged deli meats and smoked salmon is the same, milk and dairy products are the same.
Flour, yeast, spices, muesli and oats. Frozen vegatables, meats and fish, pasta.

Basically I get 50 euro worth of food for 20-30 at these stores.

I buy probably 80% of my groceries at stores like Lidl and Aldi.

What is worse is the produce, it's often not as pretty and will go bad earlier but when you don't just shop every two weeks it's no big deal.
>>
dollar store business models involve pricing some items much lower than other retail stores by buying in very large quantities, potentially breaking even or taking a slight loss. They make up for that by pricing other items higher than grocery stores, or having higher price per weight/volume packaging. Money can be saved by buying some groceries there, but you need to be very aware of general and specific food prices at competing stores. It's like coupon shopping. Takes more time than it's worth for most people.
>>
>>7066670
Why not just get the HDMI cables from amazon? It's all digital anyway so what's the difference? Reminds me of when people were selling audio cables for retard prices.
>>
I like getting some things at le dollar store, but I can hardly say I shop there for even a tenth of my purchases never mind half of them.
The one nearest me sells 7oz bags of O'Tasty Tasty-Select-brand dumplings. 28oz bags of the same dumplings cost $4.49 at the Asian grocers around here. They're one of the four prepared frozen foods I buy (the other three are Marie Callender's pot pies, veggie burgers and Golden Krust patties).
>>
i worry a lot that in order to make the price point profitable, the ingredients are grown in fertilizer plant run off deep in the heavy metal bogs of china. id be willing to buy name brand stuff, but i'd rather shop for clearance, bogo and markeddown for quick sale stuff
>>
>sodium
>disgusting
>>
>>7067540
I assume he's referencing the fact that HDMI is broken by design and therefore cheap cables have issues or so I have heard.

I don't really do "home theater", I literally only care about 2 channel audio and anything else is for people who need to die in a fire right now.

But it is my understanding that due to the "broken by design" aspect of HDMI with the whole DRM and yadda yadda, cheaper cables actually have issues even though "it's just 0s and 0s" or whatever you neckbeards like to say as if it's really that simple. I mean do you realize it's not ACTUALLY 1s and 0s but actually a waveform that gets interpreted as 1s and 0s? You do realize that, right?
>>
File: 99_cent_receipt_590x1600.jpg (111 KB, 590x979) Image search: [Google]
99_cent_receipt_590x1600.jpg
111 KB, 590x979
Fun fact: the items sold at 99¢ Only stores are actually $0.9999, the cash registers round them off to $1.00. Check your current or next receipt if you don't believe me.

Also, the produce from there expires fast and most of their other food products are packed with bucket loads of sugar or gallons of HFCS.

I only buy soy sauce and hot sauce from there.
>>
I've been working part-time at a Dollar Tree for the last three months. Ask me anything.
>>
File: fantastic.png (170 KB, 397x296) Image search: [Google]
fantastic.png
170 KB, 397x296
>>7070052
Have you ever eaten the lobster spring rolls?
What was the best fight you saw in the parking lot?
What was the weirdest shit you've seen IN the store?
Are you in a college-poor area or an actually low income area?
What's your policy when the homeless move in?
Best snack food?
Are the drinking glasses mostly lead?
Will I die if I eat the steak slices?
How2get a job there? I'll probably need one after I graduate.
>>
>>7070113
1. Literally just saw them today, haven't tried them yet.
2. It's a new store so we probably haven't had a fight break out yet but what the fuck do I know I'm not there all the time.
3. Actual low-income.
4. There's not a whole lot of homeless people in my town, no doubt because the police keep an eye on them and they have nothing better to do. Somebody's stealing the shopping carts though.
5. Egg rolls are pretty good but they take too long to cook in a microwave and I only get a 10 minute break.
6. Not sure. You get what you pay for for only a buck plus tax.
7. Same as 6.
8. It really depends on your area. I was lucky enough that they kept me after helping set up all the racks and merchandise. My store in particular isn't hiring but we are accepting applications for seasonal.
>>
>>7066737
Walmart phased them out three years ago but they're back now.
>>
>>7066535
is that a screenshot from one of jack scalfanis videos? nvm the steak is too overcooked.
>>
Dollar stores literally sell the same exact shit Walmart and Target does, they buy surplus that's about to go bad from big chains at a discount in bulk and then resell them at a lower price than retail.
>>
>>7066681
Some chains have tired to do that here in the states but amerifats get all bent about paying for bags and shit
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.