[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE FUCK do you cut cookie dough so they actually turn out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
HOW THE FUCK do you cut cookie dough so they actually turn out like how the fucking cutter looks after baking?
>>
Bake huge cookie THEN use the cookie cutter
>>
>>7066213
The secret isn't in the way you cut them but in the dough.
>>
>>7066221
hehe
>>
roll the dough thinner
>>
>>7066233
So there's absolutely no way to have a normally-thick cookie with a cutter shape?
god dammit, that's gross though, nobody wants bland-ass thin cookies
>>
put your cookie sheet in the freezer prior to baking.

really cold dough holds its shape better. i guess it's because the edges bake first, ensuring the shape is set.
>>
>please help /ck/, my cookies are turning into americans after baking
>>
>>7066238
if the cookie is bland, that's an entirely different problem
>>
>>7066251
kek
>>
>>7066251
mad cuz we winnin
>>
>>7066259
It's not that it tastes bland, it's that the texture goes to shit when you make them too thin, there ain't enough substance
it's like the kind of shitty cookies you'd get from a FREE COOKIES bowl at a doctor's office
>>
>>7066240
or keep dough in fridge over night
probably a troll since literally every sugar cookies recipe says CHILL BEFOR BAKE 4 SHAPEz
>>
You're supposed to leave the cookie cutter on while it bakes.
>>
why are you making cookies? I make a lot of bread, because I eat it. Are you eating cookies? Are you fat?
>>
Add some crushed ice to the cookie dough.
>>
>>7066213
are you serious???

just press the finished cookie with the cookie cutter

the cookie cutter
it cuts cookies

anyway you're dreaming if you think you can pull off that intricate shape with just any dough
>>
Chill your dough or bake at a high as shit temp for the first few minutes
>>
>>7066213
just pretend it was a manatee cookie.
>>
>>7066238
Spreading the same dough out thinner isn't going to magically make it bland, retard.
>>
>>7066285
Your doctor's office has a free cookie bowl? Do they WANT to contribute to childhood obesity?

I guess that's what keeps them coming in as they get older, which is pretty smart.
>>
>>7066268
Just like the war on drugs, america is winning the war on obesity.
By which I mean the feds selling sugar loaded snacks to fund rebel groups
>>
fat content too high
>>
File: Data-Fish.jpg (80 KB, 525x350) Image search: [Google]
Data-Fish.jpg
80 KB, 525x350
>>7066297
DON'T DO THIS IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>7066758
They won. You're obsessed with them.
>>
>>7066765
I can't help it, my dumb lib anarchist homeless squatter friend only speaks in america hateboner memes
>>
Rolled/cut out cookies and drop cookies are made differently, the former expand only slightly when cooked and as such will retain their shape, the latter expands extensively when cooked and is why you put them on the tray as a ball and then they come out as near perfect circles. You can't use a cookie from one category as a cookie of the other kind successfully, at least without modifying the recipe.
>>
Shortbread cookies maintain shape when baked. When you make regular cookies, they are quite wet but shortbread cookies are dry enough to shape with hands.

More flour to make your dough dry enough not to 'melt' out of shape.
>>
File: 1446320362422.jpg (226 KB, 600x1684) Image search: [Google]
1446320362422.jpg
226 KB, 600x1684
>>7066775
notice the additional flour cookie
>>
>>7066213
Here are my theories about your options:
>roll the dough thinner
>prick the dough with a toothpick a few times as you have cutter on it
>chill the dough 24 hours, bake the cookies then cut them into shape
>>
Just bake it with the cutter
>>
>>7066385
I thought it looked like a manatee too.
>>
Too much fat, or your dough was too hot.

What cookie dough did you use?
>>
>>7066213
>What happens when you feed geegees blocks of cheese instead of apples.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.