[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who has hated coffee their entire life but now wishes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 1386593897713.jpg (70 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1386593897713.jpg
70 KB, 600x400
As someone who has hated coffee their entire life but now wishes to try and get into it, what would be the best drink for me to start with?

What coffee drink has the most amount of milk in it compared to coffee?
>>
File: latte-macchiato-aroma.jpg (45 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
latte-macchiato-aroma.jpg
45 KB, 950x950
>>7065266
The Ralph Macchio
>>
>>7065266

I started with mocha, which is coffee and chocolate. After that, you could try flavoured coffees. Most places offer latte and cappuccino with a pump of syrup which makes them flavoured. Latte and cappuccino also have the most milk compared to coffee.
>>
File: espresso.jpg (58 KB, 550x547) Image search: [Google]
espresso.jpg
58 KB, 550x547
Espresso-based drinks.

You can drink flat whites and cappuccinos without looking like a fag.

Lattes, not so much.
>>
>>7065282

>Foam

I've never understood the appeal of foam, especially milk foam
>>
>>7065266

Drink nothing but caffe corretto and you will see the light
>>
File: 14210424947.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
14210424947.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
Glad I found this thread, was about to start one.

So can someone recommend me a good coffee that is under 20 dollars and is on Amazon?

Ass in return
>>
Drink coffee in the afternoon, like 4pm. Don't drink any in the morning. it works out a lot better this way. I'm not getting withdrawal headaches or anything now.
>>
>>7065298

Makes me gag just thinking about it.
>>
aspartame and some coffee-mate is all you need for a great tasting cup of coffee.
>>
>>7065282

What's the difference between a cappuccino and a latte?
>>
File: Vietnam G-7.jpg (74 KB, 455x679) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam G-7.jpg
74 KB, 455x679
>>7065318
http://www.amazon.com/G7-3-Instant-Coffee-Sachets/dp/B008KZAFZM/ref=pd_bxgy_325_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CXWZ4BJF3Z6VQ2ZH215
>>
You like coffee or you don't

There is no "entry level" coffee beverage unless you're 5
>>
>>7065349
Cappuccino should be around 1//3 coffee, 1/3 milk, 1/3 foam. Latte should have more milk and less milk foam.
>>
>>7065367
Must be trolling. No one is this stupid.
>>
Try lates for starts, but don't go for flavors or sweeteners.
Move from espresso drinks to standard coffee with milk.
Then move to plain coffee
Then move back to plain espresso
The circle is complete and you can now try all kinds of different coffee
>>
>>7065359
>http://www.amazon.com/G7-3-Instant-Coffee-Sachets/dp/B008KZAFZM/ref=pd_bxgy_325_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CXWZ4BJF3Z6VQ2ZH215

Thanks. But I'm looking for something not instant.
>>
>>7065266
Start with some milk and a teaspoon of sugar.
>>
Just use sugar and then gradually reduce the amount you use, and milk. Gets easier and easier
>>
Just drink tea instead desu senpai
>>
just drink it black, or at most a splash of milk to cool it down. I like dark roast beans cause they're more flavorful.
>>
>>7065844
Is milk in coffee like it is in tea? I know it tea it negates or lessens a lot of the health benefits.
>>
Just get some decent drip coffee, not bargain brand shit. Err on the side of making it weaker
>>
>>7065988
This is myth

milk in tea increases the health benefits as it is now a source of good healthy fats and low impact carbs.
>>
light roast or medium roast are good for beginners, dark still puts me off. half and half can really take the bite out of it when you're starting.
>>
>>7065844
This.
Also you might not like the taste of certain blends.
You might find them to taste too sour or too burnt. Or tasting too little of each of those.
>>
>>7066009
It's not a myth though, putting lemon in tea however is a different story.
>>
>>7065266
caffe latte
>>
>>7065376
Found the 5 year old
>>
I prefer my coffee well done with syrup.
>>
>be hanging out with my buddy, catchin up after not seeing each other for a long time
>he takes me to this cafe near his place, because they apparently have amazing pastry
>I order a coffee to go with my pastry
>"Oh Anon, I drink coffee now too"
>orders a caramel macchiato
>"I don't drink it black yet, but I'm getting there"
>as he proceeds to add three packets of sugar to his CARAMEL macchiato
>and then cream

I'm not normally a coffee snob, but jesus christ. Just order a hot chocolate, that would be far less cringy.
>>
coffee and espresso is amazing, I wish I could drink it at night without getting shit sleep afterwards.
>>
>>7065266
I suggest you add this to your coffee OP. Right up your ally.
>>
>>7065266
Just get a double-double.
>>
>>7065367

Coffee is an acquired taste, but it's one of the easiest to acquire.
>>
french vanilla cappuccino
>>
File: Actually Disgusting.gif (499 KB, 464x348) Image search: [Google]
Actually Disgusting.gif
499 KB, 464x348
>>7066997
>french vanilla
>>
>>7065318
Almost every specialty roaster that ships their coffee has 12 oz bags that are under $20.

I use Counter Culture.

If you have one close, it's much better to buy from a coffee roaster.
>>
>>7065266

Iced Lattes are the most entry level coffee drink in existence, start there.
>>
americanos are by far the most entry level drink there is

you'll never transition to pure espresso if you're drinking cappuccinos or lattes. if you do, they'll all taste like desserts if you try to go back to them again.
>>
One of my friends drinks triple-triples. It's not even hot by the time he gets it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.