[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I clone this? I could eat this every day, but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: golden_curry-2.jpg (99 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
golden_curry-2.jpg
99 KB, 600x367
How do I clone this? I could eat this every day, but it's $3. The idea clicked when I smelled cumin in my cabinet after smelling the curry bar.

Can't seem to find the recipe online. Serve over rice after cooking with chicken.
>>
basically curry powder and a light roux. probably tomato and garlic-ginger paste as well. adjust with individual spices to taste at the roux stage.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Curry-Powder-Oriental-85-Pack/dp/B0096BRED0

>The ingredients in this curry are Turmeric, coriander, fenugreek, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinamon, ginger, star anise, cloves, cardamon, fennel, nutmeg, laurel leaves, allspice, garlic.
>>
>>7063563
I'm interested too.
I use normal curry powder, a stock cube and roux for thickening, flavor is almost exactly the same but it's not as silky smooth.
>>
>>7063568
>AS A BONUS OFFER, THIS ORDER SHIPS WITH 10 PAIRS OF BAMBOO CHOPSTICKS. A $6.00 value.

thats racist
>>
Thanks friends, found this.

http://norecipes.com/recipe/japanese-curry-scratch/

Will be doing it tomorrow and post results in some thread somewhere.
>>
>>7063563
Never eaten this but i'll give you a recipe for a garam masala i often use when making indian currys

1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp coriander seeds
1 inch cinnamon stick
4 green cardamom pods
4 cloves

Toast all spices in a dry pan. Open up the cardamom pods, take out the seeds and discard the husk.
Use a pestle and mortar and grind the spices into a powder. Now you have a nice base for any curry.
>>
>>7063563
You go through an entire box of that in a day? The fuck. You make and eat multiple servings of that all at once?
>>
>>7063563
I eat curry every day and im staring to smell wierd.
>>
>>7065912

that is a fact

>>7063580

Deliver OP, will watch for your thread

>>7063563
best bet is a jar of Japanese curry powder, 1 TBSP i the equivalent of half a block of Golden Curry

the other secret is a massive amount of fat and flour to make the roux and sweat down a whole onion, minced. this stuff is really bad for you in quantity but eat suggested serving size only with rice and it's great.
>>
>>7064355
Don't judge, some of us aren't manlets and have large appetites.
>>
>>7063563
That's like 6 meals man.

It's cheap as fuck.
>>
>>7065912
Hmm, that's a bit worrying. As long as you continue using a toilet you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.