[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there is no McDonalds type of franchise for chinese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Chinese_Fold-Pak_000.jpg (202 KB, 615x329) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Fold-Pak_000.jpg
202 KB, 615x329
How come there is no McDonalds type of franchise for chinese food? You would think that there would be one conglomerate who would want to put out of business all these chinese places.
>>
>>7062828

panda express
>>
>>7062831
ive heard panda express isn't that good except for their orange chicken.
>>
>>7062835
You're being lied to. No, it's not even close to authentic chinese food, but it's in its own league. Good as fuck.
>>
>>7062835
Pei Wei is good, but I don't know how widespread it is. Try their sweet and sour chicken.
>>
>>7062828
not exactly the same but there's teriyaki joints everywhere and they generally have an asian fusion thing going.
>>
>>7062831
shit anon, i thought panda express was local.

love going there, the food is great
>>
>>7062856
Maybe I've just been to all their worst locations but no, it's really not. It's barely edible, and I have high tolerance for shitty Chinese.
>>
>>7062858
Went to Pei Wei once and it was garbage. Maybe I wasn't doing it right
>>
Because Chinese takeout restaurants are practically franchise operations already. Thanks to Sysco's Asian Foods division, they've standardized every ingredient. Hell, they've standardized the menus. Just because there isn't the same name over each restaurant doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>7062835
It's god awful, all of the orange, tso, chicken you get from any chinese take out place is absolutely terrible once you've actually had the real thing. Take out / chain chinese is always so much skin and ligaments and shit there is hardly any meat. I don't see how anyone can actually like that general tso's take out it's terrible everywhere. GNOME SAYIN.

to be fair there are a few good chinese places that actually use the correct parts of the chicken to make food with but the rest are just a slower mcdonalds in disguise.
>>
>>7062967
This. Which is why it's a perfect example of the Chinese McDonalds analog.
>>
>>7062987
>complaining about skin

Skin is the tastiest part of an animal. You should be so lucky to get large portions.
>>
>>7062980
Exactly. And you'd end up tearing all these places down only to rehire the families that run them anyways. Like anon said, take them out at the source: their food distribution. Buy up the buildings and increase the rent, etc. Far more profitable that way.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.