[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pig ears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 348s.jpg (26 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
26 KB, 348x348
Anybody else like pig ears? They have a really interesting texture, so I realize that's probably pretty divisive.

I love them though. Just had a great pig ear salad at a new fusion place with ginger, fish sauce, chilis, and celery.

Share any opinions, recipes, etc
>>
>>7062754
My dog likes them
>>
>>7062754

>pig ears

>>>/nig/
>>
>>7062758

Yeah, they really have that reputation. Probably the reason that, even at Michelin-starred restaurants, they're always <$10.

I really can see that stigma dying in the next couple years
>>
>>7062763
>I only eat white bread. new things scare me
>>
>>7062767

Pig skin is what they make pork cracklings with. I've tried it and their horrible. I only ever see nigs eat that stuff, and try hard hipsters like you.
>>
I tried cooking these for my wifes son, but he said I made a pigs ear of it.
>>
what's so great about pig ears I mean there cant be much meat there and there are only two of em per pig.
>>
>>7062776

Cracklings are made with any part of the skin, usually the rind or any part more fatty than the ear (which isn't fatty at all)

Just trying to start something on this board that's not about fast food or the 'best way' to prepare ramen or macaroni and cheese
>>
>>7062754

only good for stock but i like to chew on the dried ones usually buy one a month from the pet store
>>
>>7062754
I feed that to my dog. Why u eat dog food?
>>
>>7062754
I do, I tried them for the first time a couple years ago. Pig ears in chile sauce from a Chinese restaurant. They were pretty damn good, messy to eat but that was probably because I didn't know how to eat them properly.

Pic related.
>>
File: pigs ears.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pigs ears.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>7062754
op is mah nigga
>>
PIG EARS THO??????
>>
FDVDVD
>>
>>7062754
If you fags haven't tried pigs ears (ideally szechuan) then you're missing out big time.
>>
Theyre great, chicken feet of the pig
>>
>>7062754
猪耳朵、猪蹄子、猪头肉、肘子都很好吃
>>
>>7062754
In which country do you eat this?
Im curious
>>
>>7065215
China, it's a pretty shit country baka desu senpai
>>
>>7065361
Are you prehaps japanese?
>>
The cheeks are supposed to be the best part of a pig, never had the pleasure to try it tho
>>
>>7062779
2/10
>>
>>7065665
The cheek meat from any animal be it land or sea is usually the best meat you'll get from that animal in particular.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.